Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] (44818 Views)

A Youth Corper And His Mum Who Sold Fish To Get Him Through School (Photo) / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by NoContract(m): 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
Aprime:
Big waste of time and money.

She ought to be at home; taking care of her husband and grandchildren. And not on a fruitless wild goose chase...

And even if she really needs the education, whatever happens to adult education?... Can't she enroll in one?

What have you done with your life other than bringing people down with your negative projections? Is it your time she is wasting? Is it your money she is wasting? Did her son complained of hunger or shame to you?4

Why are you so daft in reasoning? Why can't you just read and pass if you have nothing positive to contribute? Do you have any idea how many people this thread have inspired?

How fu.ckin' old are you?

Oh, well you have no life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Ilekeh(f): 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
My husband was against my decision and quarrelled seriously with me. But I didn’t give up on my decision.

This is not a typical married Nigerian woman.

We don't disagree with our husband in Nigeria. *shocked face*

Good for you madam.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by elomepee: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
[quote author=attaodagba post=28661537]better late than never. The Lord will see you through. [/quot

Aaaaaaamen
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by elomepee: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
Typical of an African woman. May God crown her efforts with good success.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by elegance32: 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
D33VA:
Love ds woman, so industrious
I love her spirit.... but I'lld prefer she goes/attends adult school.....
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by leofab(f): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
MizMyColi:
Ignorance is not an excuse, it can be a choice tho'
It's never too late to live your dreams.
For where there is life, there is hope.

Back then in Uniben, I heard of an eighty sumtin years old man, studying law.
yes; we wrote PUME together in those days; but he has graduated and been called to bar.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by queenBVVIP: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
Good jare fulfil ya dream, age is no barrier for edu.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by DollyParton1(f): 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
Longstride:

and you need to go to school ...get some civilisation.

Boy, from your previous comment, I should be the one giving you that advice.
I bet you are so sure you made a smart comment.
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
This is determination at its peak.I once had a neighbour who was her daughter's class mate in the university.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Bencejen: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nice one.if everyone can have her mentality as a person,dis world would be a better place.As long as there is life,there is always hope

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Longstride: 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
DollyParton1:

Boy, from your previous comment, I should be the one giving you that advice.
I bet you are so sure you made a smart comment.
I said what I felt without insulting anyone and you just had to attack me.
crawl back to your cave Neanderthal.
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by peteruuu(m): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bantino:
Na wah ooo; they will be doing their home work together grin
& it's likely they fail or pass together lol

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by motherlode: 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/42-jss1-2/#sthash.4m55dmLA.dpuf

Determination is the major tool for success! She was determined cheesy upon all she went through!

Unlike many drop outs who because they made a partial success somewhere forget about education undecided not realising education is the best legacy and best managerial tool of success grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Horllamideh(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
I av heard of a 70 year old man admitted to study Law in OAU

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by abimbola74(m): 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dats cul......dere is a man wu is ova 70yrs of age in Lautech studyin medicine...

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by abioyeolaide(m): 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
There is God oooooooo
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by castro316: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
Longstride:

"the scientists we all honour today" weren't psychologically abused by their parents.
how can you tell. if you know what they went thru to be what you know now is even worse than going thru jss1 at 42

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Longstride: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
castro316:

how can you tell. if you know what they went thru to be what you know now is even worse than going thru jss1 at 42
so psychological abuse by parents is justified because "honoured scientists" went through worse? undecided
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Yinkagbo(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

And when I was in lautech I knw of a man of 60+ studying medicine,the last time I chated with my friend that happen to be course mate with this baba,told me the man failed mbbs and like 2 to 3 times and he's now in other dpt. During nysc year I had old women of about 70+ ,45+nd 55+ in my class...anytime I enter class I have to bend to greet them while other students will stand up and greetme thou those women used to standup and greet me before I told them not to do that to me again...

3 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Louislewis: 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
There are alot of irresponsible people in this forum who don't reason. Instead of commendation that will encourage the woman, condemnation is what some of you are pouring out. Education has no age. The woman should be encourage. For some of you that are mocking her, don't be surprise that this same woman may likely be better of than you at the end. You don't know God's purpose for her. Madam, it is well with you. Go ahead, God is with you.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Illustrious90: 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
Madam Patience should join her.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by amadice(m): 7:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
DollyParton1:

Boy!!! Boy!!! Boy!!!
Go grow some brains.
....shut up...dummy brain like u...
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by SenatorJames(m): 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

I left a 70 years plus then in school studying medicine when i graduated 4 years ago. people and strong decision sha.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by Fulaman198(m): 1:53am On Dec 08, 2014
Aprime:
Big waste of time and money.

She ought to be at home; taking care of her husband and grandchildren. And not on a fruitless wild goose chase...

And even if she really needs the education, whatever happens to adult education?... Can't she enroll in one?

That's really mean spirited of you to say such a thing

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by creamyxoxo: 1:57am On Dec 08, 2014
amadice:
....shut up...dummy brain like u...
cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by 4C2215131: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2014
DesChyko:
Funny but exemplary.
Very brave woman.
Tongues must be wagging but she knows what she wants and how to get it. So it bothers her not. Can you see the proud features of her face?

President GEJ should emulate this woman. Even if 'condemned-to-be-followers' good-for-nothings hurl insults and rotten criticisms at him, he should stand firm and stick to his target. The end always justifies the means!

The end doesn't always justify the means!
Re: Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] by millionboi(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2014
OmoEziokwu:

Maybe if you went to school you won't spell like an i.diot like you just did there. Oops I forgot, there are no existing systems where you are to ground you properly.
Guy na wa u oooooo...... datz hw we spell in nairaland,abi u jst join?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Finally Graduates After Spending 12 Years In University / ASUU Begins Nationwide Strike / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.