Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 (31076 Views)

Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? / Check Out Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 / Nigeria’s Top Romantic Songs Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by ggrin(f): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
Shako nkoundecided
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by worisj(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
Where's adaobi by mavin? E b like say OP no understand the formula the list is ok but Joel ft oritse femi suppose dey there

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by tdayof(m): 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Some people who come here claiming they don't know davido in France
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hmmmmmmm........ Making FP for the first time since I joined this online forum. Am not just interested in the topic of discussion. As long as I make FP am ok.
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by amanze15(m): 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
No Sanko and "check n balance"...I love those songs, in between, "pass you by" by black magic ft oritse femi is the dopest collab I heard this year great song, body&soul is dope too
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Ichel: 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
lalasticlala:
CITY PEOPLE'S #Nigeria: Top 14 Songs of 2014

By DANIJI EMMANUEL
In 2014, songs by Naija musicians topped the charts, and filtering them down to the top 14 was sure a helluva task. In no particular order, below are City People’s Top 14 songs of the year 2014:

1. Davido – Aye
The young music star has earned himself with awards and nominations this year with his track titled AYE. With 4 Nominations for AYE in the Channel O Music Awards, another 4 in the Nigeria Music Video Awards and a Nomination in his first ever BET Soul Train Awards, AYE definitely had to make the list of top 2014 Nigerian Songs.
Kudos to the dude that cooked the beat n davido for trying his best to kill it. But the song sitting at no 1 is what I dont grab, maybee it is bcuz I hate,d video

2. Patoranking ft Tiwa Savage – Girlie O Remix
Patoranking won the Dancehall/Reggae artist of the year at this year’s City People Entertainment Awards. His remixed version to the track “GIRLIE O” which featured Mavin’s First lady, TIWA SAVAGE, sure is a head-turner for the sleek Nigerian-Ghanaian artist. With 4 nominations this year credited to the number, GIRLIE O, one can only anticipate victory for the “Alubarika” crooner in the pending awards slated before the end of the year.
Hmmmmmmm, I don't have much to say about this one, pato has said it all that every thing is a remix. Thanks pato for giving us a feel of naija version #MEKWE

3. Mavin Crew – Dorobucci
Mavin Records won the “Best Record Label of the Year” at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards. The Song “DOROBUCCI” stirred quite a uproar of creditable feelings upon its release. It was well received by music critics with positive remarks and sure earned a lot of accolades from fans and followers. The track has 2 nominations in the pending “Headies Award” due to the nomination bracket of the Nigerian Awards system, but 2015 promises to be a good year for the number.
Nice party banger but bad video.
Dear mavin, next time look for a better video director with good story concept.

4. Black Magic ft. Oritshe Femi – Pass You By
The combination of Black Magic and Oritshe Femi on the “Pass You By” song sure proves the versatility of both artists. Oritshe Femi, also known as the Music Taliban, won the City People Entertainment Awards 2014 for the “Most Popular Song of the Year” and this year he is associated with a lot of nominations and wins, The song “Pass You By” would be vying to win in the forthcoming Headies.
The most underated song of the year I must say, mature voice, matured beat produced with calmness and oritse femi(dude need a grammy) voice just finished work, am short of word about this track

5. Olamide – Story for the gods
On the 29th of July 2014, KingBadoo, popularly known by his stage name, Olamide, dropped the visual to his number, “story for the gods’. Though the initial video did stir some controversies online due to some rated-18+ scenes, the song still remains strong on the lips of Nigerian music lovers and it’s a top favourite on dance floors. The “Eleda Mi” crooner already has 14 nominations this year with 6 still pending. “Story for the gods” is sure a strong contender for award categories come 2015.
D niggar cant quite shouting all in the name of being street act.
I give up.

6. Wizkid – Show you the Money
With a total of 60 nominations and 18 wins, Wizkid is sure to remain a strong household name in the Nigerian music industry. His newly-released “Show You the Money” track was largely accepted in what can be termed one of the shortest periods ever. Accolades are sure to roll in for the number come 2015, especially with a credit to the remix with the featuring of American youngster rapper, Tyga.
D first time I heard this song, I was like WTF. Who cares about your pocket. I guess if am charging 1.5m for a collabor I did be singing such too lols.
Like seriously, dis niggar has to grow up.

7. Skales – Shake Body
On 6th May, 2014, Skales released “Shake Body” as the first single from his upcoming album. The song was produced by Jay Pizzle and its music video was released on 22 July, 2014 onto YouTube. Skales promoted the song by announcing the Shake Body video competition. Now with Baseline Records, Skales is finally, potentially reaching his potential in the Nigerian music industry. His most recent hit, Shake Body, is blazing all over the airwaves and clubs. With 2 nominations in the forthcoming Headies Award, Shake Body might just have Skales shaking his body home excitedly on the D-Day.
With dat track, d dude will remain upcoming like forever

8. Waje ft Tiwa Savage – Onye
Waje has won numerous awards with about 18 nominations to her credit. She has been active in the industry since 2007 and her recent collaborative work with Tiwa Savage will sure be tipped for 2015 Awards ranging from its composition to its Kemi Adetiba-directed visuals.
Haven't taken time to listen to this one

9. P-Square ft. T.I – Ejajo
Just while Nigerians and international fans were basking in the euphoria of the audio version, the video of P.Square’s “Ejajo” featuring American rapper T.I dropped in late August. With a total of 17 awards to their credit, the Okoyes twin have had numerous nominations globally and their new tune “Ejajo” is sure to make more nomination lists come 2015.
Like seriously, I cant help but laugh. Ejajo kor, Elajo ni. I can bet my ass that it was that it was just bcuz its p square

10. Flavour ft. Wande Coal – Wake Up
Chinedu Okoli better known by his stage name Flavour N’abania or simply Flavour, teamed up with former Mo’Hits artist and now label Owner of Black Diamond entertainment, Wande Coal. The visuals of the single, Wake Up, immediately received recognition as radio stations kept it on air rotation as well as on digital television.
Nice song, nice video concept. I love the dancing police man in the vid

11. Wande Coal – Baby Hello
The award-winning singer’s latest single, “Baby Hello”, which had a cameo appearance from the Johnnie crooner, Yemi Alade left fans and music lovers longing for more as the tune still enjoys massive airplay and acceptance. This tune is sure a club banger.

As black diamond as ever, more like him in mohit crew.

12. Lil Kesh – Shoki
Upcoming young rapper on the rise/YBNL artiste, Lil Kesh is the brains behind with the brand new buzzing track titled, “Shoki.” which featured, Olamide, Ehis, and Partoranking is definitely the reigning dance on the street and in the clubs. He later went further to record a remix for it featuring Davido with cameo appearances from quite a number of artists. Lastly leasing out a female version which featured Chidinma, Cynthia Morgan and Eva Alordiah; it was, is, and will keep being evident that “Shoki” is a 2014 favourite.
Cant say what I dont know.

13. MC Galaxy – Sekem
Who said only one dance song could rule the industry? While everyone were still busy doing the Shoki dance, MC Galaxy introduced the Sekem, a dance that sees you move your feet sideways while you place your palms on your waist and chest. Sekem blended perfectly into the hearts of fans.
For naija, na nonsense dey make sense, I have failed to understand what the music is talking about.

14: Seyi Shay – Murda
Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua, professionally known by her stage name, Seyi Shay might have being regarded as a new artist in 2013 when she won the “Best New Musician of the Year” (Female) in the City People Entertainment Awards, but she’s been actively associated with music since 2001. Last year, songs like “Irawo” and “Ragga Ragga” earned her major recognition and nominations, but her “Murda” track in 2013 is sure to surpass the previous with the accolades it’s gotten and still gathering.

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/nigeria-top-14-songs-of-2014/

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE LIST?

Whats murda, that I dont know.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by ericessien24: 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
yea nice one but me no too fancy that psquare and t.I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by fiftynaira(m): 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
No double wahala....
No song sang in 2014

#mycharitycomment
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by TRILLIONIAR: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
dorobucci should be number one

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Jonwesley(m): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
missterious:
I don't even know the Black Magic song. embarassed I thought that P square's song with T.I was overrated. "Murda" should have been higher on the list.

Don't mind them, always copying other people. That song was a direct lifting of Kool and the Gang song " lets get it down". Highly over rated and they used TI to sell or promote the song.
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by michaelmjzee: 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ejajo 4 be number 1 o
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by yim(f): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
OP, pls give me your front page juju grin
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Elcapo(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
missterious:
I don't even know the Black Magic song. embarassed I thought that P square's song with T.I was overrated. "Murda" should have been higher on the list.
Ɣ٥U̶̲̥̅̊ dey read mind?
Exactly M̶̲̥̅Ɣ point!
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by femi4: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
kennygee:
Black Magic, Skales and Sheyi shay. I don't know any of their songs on this list.
Maybe you don't know that "O ya shake body" is from Skales

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Daslim180(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
where is gallardo? Runtown ft. Davido

Ibadan - Qdot Ft. Olamide
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by D9ty7(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
Op and you sure sey na City people compile this list? Tor, ah no go talk.
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by zizytd(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
No alobam no list

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by homesteady(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
Michaelpark:

That's their own not mine

This is my Own

*Davido-- Aye
*Flavour-- Ada Ada
*Flavour-- Black is Beautiful
*Wizkid-- On Top Your Matter
*Oritsefemi-- Double Wahala
*Olamide-- Story For The Gods
*Patoranking ft Tiwa-- Girlie o
*Patoranking-- Alubarika
*Wande coal-- Babe Hell
*Lil kesh-- shoki
*Mc Galaxy-- Sekem
*Mavin Crew-- Dorobuchi
*Skales -- Shake Body
*Wizkid-- Show you the money

ermmn Was Ada Ada released this year? I danced to that song during one wedding last year!
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by chukkystar(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
I no gree at all... What happened to Alobam by Phyno?? Dat track is top 3 dis year

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Rick9(m): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
This list shall,

No Cynthia Morgan Am taken

None of Phyno track dey there.
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by retepmurt(m): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
WhC position TAN com dey,her hit track titled JONATHAN.
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by homesteady(m): 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
the list is like 70% correct! remove the 2 wande coal songs and that black magic pass you by!
Replace them with - double wahala for dead body and Alobam!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by rattlesnake(m): 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
CoolKizzy:
I no gree.

Where is Alobam - Phyno (Playmaker)

Garllado - Run town (Toped the chart for close to 6 months)
they said song not chant
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Ilekeh(f): 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
I love ELEDA MI love it love it.

Aye roxs

Ejajo - nice beat. Does ejajo mean let's dance in Yoruba. I can't tell because their Yoruba suxs
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Dreyl(m): 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
Op Why didn't you include Double wahala?
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Dreyl(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ilekeh:
I love ELEDA MI love it love it.

Aye roxs

Ejajo - nice beat. Does ejajo mean let's dance in Yoruba. I can't tell because their Yoruba suxs
yeah it's lets dance in yoruba they kinda americanize it with their fake accent. grin
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Orikinla(m): 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
lalasticlala:
CITY PEOPLE'S #Nigeria: Top 14 Songs of 2014

By DANIJI EMMANUEL
In 2014, songs by Naija musicians topped the charts, and filtering them down to the top 14 was sure a helluva task. In no particular order, below are City People’s Top 14 songs of the year 2014:

1. Davido – Aye
The young music star has earned himself with awards and nominations this year with his track titled AYE. With 4 Nominations for AYE in the Channel O Music Awards, another 4 in the Nigeria Music Video Awards and a Nomination in his first ever BET Soul Train Awards, AYE definitely had to make the list of top 2014 Nigerian Songs.

2. Patoranking ft Tiwa Savage – Girlie O Remix
Patoranking won the Dancehall/Reggae artist of the year at this year’s City People Entertainment Awards. His remixed version to the track “GIRLIE O” which featured Mavin’s First lady, TIWA SAVAGE, sure is a head-turner for the sleek Nigerian-Ghanaian artist. With 4 nominations this year credited to the number, GIRLIE O, one can only anticipate victory for the “Alubarika” crooner in the pending awards slated before the end of the year.

3. Mavin Crew – Dorobucci
Mavin Records won the “Best Record Label of the Year” at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards. The Song “DOROBUCCI” stirred quite a uproar of creditable feelings upon its release. It was well received by music critics with positive remarks and sure earned a lot of accolades from fans and followers. The track has 2 nominations in the pending “Headies Award” due to the nomination bracket of the Nigerian Awards system, but 2015 promises to be a good year for the number.

4. Black Magic ft. Oritshe Femi – Pass You By
The combination of Black Magic and Oritshe Femi on the “Pass You By” song sure proves the versatility of both artists. Oritshe Femi, also known as the Music Taliban, won the City People Entertainment Awards 2014 for the “Most Popular Song of the Year” and this year he is associated with a lot of nominations and wins, The song “Pass You By” would be vying to win in the forthcoming Headies.

5. Olamide – Story for the gods
On the 29th of July 2014, KingBadoo, popularly known by his stage name, Olamide, dropped the visual to his number, “story for the gods’. Though the initial video did stir some controversies online due to some rated-18+ scenes, the song still remains strong on the lips of Nigerian music lovers and it’s a top favourite on dance floors. The “Eleda Mi” crooner already has 14 nominations this year with 6 still pending. “Story for the gods” is sure a strong contender for award categories come 2015.

6. Wizkid – Show you the Money
With a total of 60 nominations and 18 wins, Wizkid is sure to remain a strong household name in the Nigerian music industry. His newly-released “Show You the Money” track was largely accepted in what can be termed one of the shortest periods ever. Accolades are sure to roll in for the number come 2015, especially with a credit to the remix with the featuring of American youngster rapper, Tyga.

7. Skales – Shake Body
On 6th May, 2014, Skales released “Shake Body” as the first single from his upcoming album. The song was produced by Jay Pizzle and its music video was released on 22 July, 2014 onto YouTube. Skales promoted the song by announcing the Shake Body video competition. Now with Baseline Records, Skales is finally, potentially reaching his potential in the Nigerian music industry. His most recent hit, Shake Body, is blazing all over the airwaves and clubs. With 2 nominations in the forthcoming Headies Award, Shake Body might just have Skales shaking his body home excitedly on the D-Day.

8. Waje ft Tiwa Savage – Onye
Waje has won numerous awards with about 18 nominations to her credit. She has been active in the industry since 2007 and her recent collaborative work with Tiwa Savage will sure be tipped for 2015 Awards ranging from its composition to its Kemi Adetiba-directed visuals.

9. P-Square ft. T.I – Ejajo
Just while Nigerians and international fans were basking in the euphoria of the audio version, the video of P.Square’s “Ejajo” featuring American rapper T.I dropped in late August. With a total of 17 awards to their credit, the Okoyes twin have had numerous nominations globally and their new tune “Ejajo” is sure to make more nomination lists come 2015.

10. Flavour ft. Wande Coal – Wake Up
Chinedu Okoli better known by his stage name Flavour N’abania or simply Flavour, teamed up with former Mo’Hits artist and now label Owner of Black Diamond entertainment, Wande Coal. The visuals of the single, Wake Up, immediately received recognition as radio stations kept it on air rotation as well as on digital television.

11. Wande Coal – Baby Hello
The award-winning singer’s latest single, “Baby Hello”, which had a cameo appearance from the Johnnie crooner, Yemi Alade left fans and music lovers longing for more as the tune still enjoys massive airplay and acceptance. This tune is sure a club banger.

12. Lil Kesh – Shoki
Upcoming young rapper on the rise/YBNL artiste, Lil Kesh is the brains behind with the brand new buzzing track titled, “Shoki.” which featured, Olamide, Ehis, and Partoranking is definitely the reigning dance on the street and in the clubs. He later went further to record a remix for it featuring Davido with cameo appearances from quite a number of artists. Lastly leasing out a female version which featured Chidinma, Cynthia Morgan and Eva Alordiah; it was, is, and will keep being evident that “Shoki” is a 2014 favourite.

13. MC Galaxy – Sekem
Who said only one dance song could rule the industry? While everyone were still busy doing the Shoki dance, MC Galaxy introduced the Sekem, a dance that sees you move your feet sideways while you place your palms on your waist and chest. Sekem blended perfectly into the hearts of fans.

14: Seyi Shay – Murda
Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua, professionally known by her stage name, Seyi Shay might have being regarded as a new artist in 2013 when she won the “Best New Musician of the Year” (Female) in the City People Entertainment Awards, but she’s been actively associated with music since 2001. Last year, songs like “Irawo” and “Ragga Ragga” earned her major recognition and nominations, but her “Murda” track in 2013 is sure to surpass the previous with the accolades it’s gotten and still gathering.

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/nigeria-top-14-songs-of-2014/

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE LIST?

NO.
Kcee's "Fine Face" should be on the list.

Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Montaque(m): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nwanne koo...no phyno on the liist? E toh beh,oringo or yayo shud ve been dia.
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by Orikinla(m): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
ericessien24:
yea nice one but me no too fancy that psquare and t.I
Is PSquare's "Ejajo" a hit?
I can compose 1, 000 that kind of song in 1000 seconds.
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by nas4q(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
chibwike:
where is sanko
Hope u're not refering to that yoruba tout?
Re: Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 by chibwike(m): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
nas4q:

Hope u're not refering to that yoruba tout?
who z that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Album: Naira Marley - Lord Of Lamba [ep] Lol / THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group / Tiwa Savage Wins AFRIMA 2017 Best Female West African Act. Beats Yemi Alade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.