Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Not Only Stoke City, See Wenger's Most Embarrassing Arsenal Defeats - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Not Only Stoke City, See Wenger's Most Embarrassing Arsenal Defeats (706 Views)

Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko / I See Wenger Buying Osimhen / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not Only Stoke City, See Wenger's Most Embarrassing Arsenal Defeats by StevinMorgan(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
I am an arsenal fan, and it pains me to post this but wenger has totally failed in his genius tactics, saturdays loss was one among the most painful defeats experenced by Arsenal fans.

See the horible defeats he has so far encountered.

Arsenal 0-5 Chelsea | League Cup | 1998 | Gianluca Vialli netted a double as the Blues ran riot at Highbury in the League Cup fourth round.

Manchester United 6-1 Arsenal | Premier League | 2001 | United held a 5-1 lead at half-time, and Teddy Sheringham completed the rout in the final minutes at Old Trafford.

Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | Champions League | 2009 | Cristiano Ronaldo notched a brilliant double as United ruthlessly dumped the Gunners out of the Champions League 4-1 on aggregate, progressing to the final in the process.

for barca fans that day they were smiling like this grin but for me i wished i had a chance to flog wenger
Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal | Champions League | 2010 | Despite Nicklas Bendtner stunning the Camp Nou with an early goal, Arsenal were routed by the Catalan giants, Lionel Messi netting all four of his side's goals in a virtuoso performance.

i spent my money and bought a ticket only to see trouble
Arsenal 2-3 Tottenham | Premier League | 2010 | Goals from Samir Nasri and Marouane Chamakh gave Arsenal a 2-0 half-time lead, but Spurs fought back through Gareth Bale, Rafael van der Vaart and Younes Kaboul to record a stunning victory.

For this i wished i never watched that match.
Arsenal 1-2 Birmingham | League Cup | 2011 | The Gunners headed into the League Cup final as odds-on favourites, only for Obafemi Martins to pounce on a calamitous late defensive mix-up to win the trophy for the plucky underdogs at Wembley.

this one was terrible...
Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal | Premier League | 2011 | Arsene Wenger sent out a side decimated by injuries and suspensions at Old Trafford and saw his men absolutely humiliated, with Wayne Rooney grabbing a superb hat-trick in the rout.

AC Milan 4-0 Arsenal | Champions League | 2012 | Arsenal headed to the San Siro in high spirits but were outplayed by their Italian rivals, with Robinho notching a double in a brilliant victory.

Bradford 1-1 Arsenal (Bradford win 3-2 on penalties) | League Cup | 2012 | The lower-league minnows stunned their illustrious visitors at Valley Parade, eventually triumphing on penalties to humble Arsene Wenger and his men.

Arsenal 0-1 Blackburn | FA Cup | 2013 | Despite Arsenal's tradition of fielding youngsters in cup competitions, Wenger picked a strong side for this clash, but Colin Kazim-Richards' 72nd minute goal left the Emirates silent.

i left the football bar as fast as my legs could carry me..
Manchester City 6-3 Arsenal | Premier League | 2013 | An ominous display from the eventual champions, with City scoring four goals in the second half to comprehensively thump the north Londoners.[b]

i was happy i didn't watch this one.
[b]Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal | Premier League | 2014 | In arguably Liverpool's finest performance of 2014, the Reds utterly dismantled the Gunners, and cruised into a 4-0 lead within 20 minutes. Mikel Arteta's second-half strike was a mere afterthought.

for this i switched off my TV when it was already 4-0
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal | Premier League | 2014 | A case of mistaken identity on Wenger's 1000th game saw Kieran Gibbs sent off instead of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Chelsea took full advantage, recording their biggest-ever win over the Gunners to spoil the Frenchman's anniversary.

imagine runing from school to watch an Arsenal team with so much happiness and
Stoke 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League | 2014 | Stoke raced into a 1-0 lead after a minute and went into half-time 3-0 up. The Gunners' second-half comeback wasn't enough to spare Wenger's blushes.

he should have left arsenal after winning the FA cup.

1 Like

Re: Not Only Stoke City, See Wenger's Most Embarrassing Arsenal Defeats by Dannyguy900(m): 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
Wenger: from legend to learner grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Football Rich List With Fortune Of £152m!!! / Real Madrid ‘lining Up Shock Transfer Bid’ For Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel / Falcons To Arrive Canada May 20 For World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.