Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? (12686 Views)

My Mother 65 Years Birthday Celebrations/thanksgiving Photos / Welcome! 2014 African Customer Service Week Celebrations Don't Miss It / African Customer Service Week Celebrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by 100Cents: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
RedArrow:
To you...It can never be boring to me and my family

Bro, you have money ?

I lie ?
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Sunshinelady(f): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
Reddit:
It's not if you understand the true essence of Christmas.

Watch this Please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWF2JBb1bvM

. I can't believe dis wonderful post has only 4likes. If na rubbis.h na u go see 200 likes. Smh

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by GboyegaD(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Yawns

I know everyone (ok maybe not everyone) is happy it is less than 20days to Christmas.I am too. Sighs. It's just that that Christmas "feeling" is missing (for now)

Is it just me or the "intensity" of the celebration has declined over the years. Most people getting tired of the whole christmas cloth-christmas chicken-christmas rice thing? Tired of doing the same thing over and over again? Does it have anything to do with finance? What do you think?How long do you think it is going to be before christmas is no more? It's jesus' birthday and people do not get tired of celebrating birthdays, right?

(*Talks to self: "It's just you mickey! It can't be just me"wink

You are growing above the hype with each passing day as you are adapting into the life of reality and not fantasy of little kids anymore. Nonetheless, abeg, buy your christmas cloth and cook your christmas food ooo. I still do that but I don't really label it christmas cloth.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Slickest(m): 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
Meehhn...the truth is money no dey oo, who doesn love the xmas feeling...ppl don't av d luxury of spending on d xmas indicators(knockouts nd stuffz), na 2 chop sure pass now...
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by ozoebuka1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
when u have money to spend, Xmas will never sound boring to ya...
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by smudge2079(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Aw is it a boring routine Christmas time is still my best time of d year, i look forward to it religiously....
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by LadyH(f): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
dreydee:
Actually, Research has shown that Jesus was born on September 12

I wonder how them calculate am
That ma bday o. joke??
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by kanaleke(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
U must be a jehova witness....xmas can never and will never fade.....d spirit is evriwia#bestseason
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Yawns

I know everyone (ok maybe not everyone) is happy it is less than 20days to Christmas.I am too. Sighs. It's just that that Christmas "feeling" is missing (for now)

Is it just me or the "intensity" of the celebration has declined over the years. Most people getting tired of the whole christmas cloth-christmas chicken-christmas rice thing? Tired of doing the same thing over and over again? Does it have anything to do with finance? What do you think?How long do you think it is going to be before christmas is no more? It's jesus' birthday and people do not get tired of celebrating birthdays, right?

[size=20pt] Depends on what Christmas means to you my son. It's not about the food, gifts or fun. It is really more than that. Besides, it is not just a routine, except you have made it that. cheesy[/size]
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by slydog(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
I don't celebrate Christmas anymore from this year going forward. Research on saturnalia....
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Genea(f): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Wait... shocked there's no way you could have come up with such a smart reply. Did someone hack your account?did you copy this from somewhere?someone?tell me!
lol,u dey wicked o
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by blackbeau1(f): 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
my dear,no b only you oh. infact people have started referring to me as the 'Grinch' because as much as i love the birth of christ,i just hate the monotony and the routine celebration of christmas. and those christmas songs sha,just get more annoying everyday. And for me,finances aren't really an issue
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Galadimabawa: 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
Really it gat boring as u grow up
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by gsainttrinity(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
dreydee:
Actually, Research has shown that Jesus was born on September 12

I wonder how them calculate am

Tell me its a lie!
That's my 2 Bday too! No wounder i behave like Jesus.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
yeah is because u can't celebrate it like the people that brought it.. shikena
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
,finances aren't really an issue[/quote]really, anything for the boiz.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
finances aren't really an issue[/quote]really, anything for the boiz.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
blackbeau1:
my dear,no b only you oh. infact people have started referring to me as the 'Grinch' because as much as i love the birth of christ,i just hate the monotony and the routine celebration of christmas. and those christmas songs sha,just get more annoying everyday. And for me,finances aren't really an issue
really, anything for the boiz?
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by LadyH(f): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
paleo:
I don't agree with that sir. I feel you're getting old and it's become a normal routine. remember, kids look up to it.
My sentiments exactly.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Mickey7(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
hardbody:

For the avoidance of doubt, Christmas is not Jesus' birthday and secondly he never celebrated it nor did he advise that it be celebrated. Read through the Encyclopaedia Britannica and confirm he was born circa October.
who ask you?

My meal every week must have at least three times rice and almost everyday chicken, goat (asun), barbecue, etc happen round the clock. I drink with guys after work everyday
who ask you shocked

Last week Thursday, i personally took one car home and flew back to Lagos. I will then fly back on 23rd December, use the car for mobility and fly back to Lagos on January 11 to resume work on January 12th.

I will arrange recovery of that car when the roads have normalized
^('-')^ +dies+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Mickey7(m): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
gsainttrinity:

Tell me its a lie!
That's my 2 Bday too! No wounder i behave like Jesus.
congrats
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by hardbody: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:

who ask you?

who ask you shocked

^('-')^ +dies+

But who follow you dey talk sef? See bad belle in action ooo. Bros park well abeg
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by amynoacid(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
[quote author=Mickey7 post=28739921]
who ask you?

Guess you hate the truth, you've just being educated by that bro.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Davidolives(m): 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
It's a big lie to say kids look up to it for me i look up to it because every end of the year i have something new for example this year am opening a new house i just built and all my distant cousin and families will b around. So how is that ever going to b boring. The truth is that you are not been creative in your home
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by israeloke4(m): 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
Omo nah film trick
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by unmask: 1:45am On Dec 10, 2014
Mickey7:
Yawns

$1 is now 188 for transactions..... What should I be celebrating?
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 10, 2014
hardbody:

One religious organization had been preaching it since God knows when and we have been antagonizing them and calling them anti-social. Now coming from Pastor Kumuyi, it has become the truth ba?

Nigerians acting dumb since 1414 BCE

When Christmas is celebrated has nothing to do with the op' s dwindling Christmas spirit, it has a lot to do with growing up and experiencing the goodies that was usually reserved only for the season without it being Christmas .

Children still look forward to it just like we use to do.
Birthdays celebration can be moved to a more convenient date and that is how I see Xmas . It is just like someone whose birthday falls on Thursdays decides to move the celebration up to Sunday , or it falls on any date that has a celebration already and you decided to move your own celebration forward or backward.it didn't change the day you were born .
I don't really care what religious leaders has to say about it. The celebration wouldn't make anybody better or worse Christian .they are just using that to class off themselves.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by DAVE5(m): 5:39am On Dec 10, 2014
Sunshinelady:
. I can't believe dis wonderful post has only 4likes. If na rubbis.h na u go see 200 likes. Smh

d reason we didn't like it is cos we don't have mb to watch it , just like d op nor get money to celebrate Christmas
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by ozyblazze: 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
mosho2good:
we dont celebrate christmas here in canada.
why would u ? with d way it snows there every day is Christmas.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by ozyblazze: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
OP,its not necessarily about the finances. I could use 4k and have a pretty good time at ICM(depending on what I buy o).
when something repeats itself over and over again....there's tendency for people to ignore it at a certain point in time. Christmas / December 25th us not actually Christ's birthday . its main purpose is all about sharing with our loves ones and those that we pretty much don't give a Bleep about ;-D

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Vanguard Awards 2017 Held At Eko Hotels Last Night / Advice On Changing Wedding Date. / Can U Get Marry Just Like Pamela Anderson And Kid Rock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.