Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Parenting Your Child Abroad As A Naija Born Somebody Isnt For Everyone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parenting Your Child Abroad As A Naija Born Somebody Isnt For Everyone (499 Views)

Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / Why Would You Have Your Child Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parenting Your Child Abroad As A Naija Born Somebody Isnt For Everyone by coolnaijamum: 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
A lot of people might be able to relate with what I am about to say while some might not really understand it at all. I have always wondered how some naija born parents cope with instilling discipline in their children whilst living abroad. I asked because for most Nigerians, beating children as a form of instilling discipline is a staple.
Back when I was growing up, I was accustomed to being flogged when I erred. The koboko in our house did not have part two and sometimes I was beaten severally just in one day. I was very naughty and stubborn but I have to say that those beatings only brought out more of the rebel in me. However, I know of people who are glad they were disciplined with serious cane because according to them, it set them on the straight part.

finish reading here
[url]coolnaijamum..com[/url]
Re: Parenting Your Child Abroad As A Naija Born Somebody Isnt For Everyone by mgbeketoto: 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
Sooooooo. . . .what of all the parents in America?
Parenting is parenting. . . .!
It does not matter where!
It is a damn hard job! kiss

1 Like

Re: Parenting Your Child Abroad As A Naija Born Somebody Isnt For Everyone by coolnaijamum: 9:24am On Dec 08, 2014
I totally agree that Parenting is hard my dear.
I was just emphazing parenting from the angle of some naijas living abroad and how not everybody can handle it.

(1) (Reply)

Food Suggestions For My 5 Months Old / Make Up And Steel Jewelry In The Comfort Of Your Office / Woman Begs For Divorce Over Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.