Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned (1472 Views)

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / 10 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Vanguard / Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by MegMich(m): 7:09am On Dec 08, 2014
I have always bin of the opinion that if I were a lady, I won't just marry because our culture sees no life for its ladies outside marriage. Though our culture is such that truly allows and provides for long lasting marriage, it in many ways put our ladies under pressure, as such, they succumb to just any man. Given that once out of marriage(through divorce or simple separation) getting married again is a toll order given the mind set of the typical African man, it is therefore paramount that measures should be taken to avoid regrets.
Hence, I tot it wise to gather these facts obtained through interaction while Nigerian men get into marriage:

1- I have made money syndrome. This is seen amongst young promising men who feel they should have an 'Oriaku' to spend on.

2- Am of age. Funny enof people still sponsor other people's marriage because they feel he should have a wife considering his age. Most often however, men are cajoled into marriage becos of their age and some, to avoid this would rather do the presumed needful.

3- I need a cook. After all, women's education ends in kitchen. Beware, the bulk of people in this category are wife beaters.

4- Mark of manliness. Who says marriage is synonymous with manliness

5- Financial security. If you are a lady who is established or has potentials, beware you may fall for this. Most men marry doctors, nurses, lawyers etc for what they can get financially.

6- Bear children to continue linage(if there is anything like that). What is the guarantee that you or the man is fertile enof to start producing immediately? Beware of mother-in-law sickness.

7- To curtail promiscuity. Brother, if you are promiscuous before marriage, are you sure u're gonna stop once married? Prayer is the way out.

8- Old age security! Young wives versus old men. Wonder why you women marry men thrice their age?? Nigerian men are truly wise.

Finally, marriage is an institution installed by our creator. Reasons as to entering this should be genuine and all encompassing. I there urge you to seek Him diligently for he has the answers.
I rep Naija
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by DesChyko: 7:11am On Dec 08, 2014
'Some Nigerian men'
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by SAMBARRY: 7:16am On Dec 08, 2014
Don't worry some people are on their way grin

let them come back from school grin
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 08, 2014
Op, you have nailed it. I'm always of the opinion that ladies try to find out reasons why their partners want to get married. One of the worst reasons to marry is to fulfill all righteousness. ladies, stay away from men with such mentality. Also stay away from men who believe women in general are only good for baby making and s.ex. such men have a horrible history with women.

Unfortunately, judging by how much nigerian ladies breathe marriage like oxygen, these things would not matter to them until after marriage when they start to face all sorts of horrible surprises and start sending stories that touch to social media. sad sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by SAMBARRY: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2014
Sophy some people will soon be enraged by your post gringrin

watch out
Sophyrocks:
Op, you have nailed it. I'm always of the opinion that ladies try to find out reasons why their partners want to get married. One of the worst reasons to marry is to fulfill all righteousness. ladies, stay away from men with such mentality. Also stay away from men who believe women in general are only good for baby making and s.ex. such men have a horrible history with women.

Unfortunately, judging by how much nigerian ladies breathe marriage like oxygen, these things would not matter to them until after marriage when they start to face all sorts of horrible surprises and start sending stories that touch to social media. sad sad
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2014
OK I didn't school in France,but as an Igbo man some of the things u mention are part and parcel of marriage in our culture,after stating a problem tell us a solution,WHAT IS THE BEST REASON FOR GETTING MARRIED?

1 Like

Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 08, 2014
SAMBARRY:

watch out

It means such people are as guilty as charged. I even met one who has this mentality in a thread and im sure he will soon be here to quote me. He is my bodyguard. He follows me wherever i go to quote me. aint that lovely? grin grin grin

The Op has stated the sad bitter truth. Since hypocrisy is the oxygen of nigerians, a lot of guilty people would be outraged. cheesy cheesy I am glad this post is coming from a Man not a woman.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by AfricanApple(f): 8:04am On Dec 08, 2014
so so true, especially the 'I need a cook' and 'bear children' yet they rant if they think a woman wants to marry them for money.
dont do unto others what you don't want them to do to you
sometimes this sort of thing could be difficult to find out as the mind of a human is farther than heaven. they tell u what they want u to know

its unfortunate that these mentalities trends among our naija guys. we don't have to wonder why a lots of home are not in peace
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by lilmax(m): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2014
True that....like seriously who is gonna argue about this?
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by YourCoffin: 9:20am On Dec 08, 2014
Nothing despicable about this bro. Marriage is nothing but a market where two or more people come together to trade desires and is often regulated by the government. Those are the men's desires and ladies barely have anything else to sell. Women have their desires too. So, if you don't have anything to trade, don't venture into the market.

1 Like

Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by SAMBARRY: 9:44am On Dec 08, 2014
They will call the man woman wrapper grin
Sophyrocks:

It means such people are as guilty as charged. I even met one who has this mentality in a thread and im sure he will soon be here to quote me. He is my bodyguard. He follows me wherever i go to quote me. aint that lovely? grin grin grin

The Op has stated the sad bitter truth. Since hypocrisy is the oxygen of nigerians, a lot of guilty people would be outraged. cheesy cheesy I am glad this post is coming from a Man not a woman.

1 Like

Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2014
SAMBARRY:
They will call the man woman wrapper grin

Or pvssy hunter or panty snifer. grin grin
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by crackhaus: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2014
MegMich:
I have always bin of the opinion that if I were a lady, I won't just marry because our culture sees no life for its ladies outside marriage. Though our culture is such that truly allows and provides for long lasting marriage, it in many ways put our ladies under pressure, as such, they succumb to just any man. Given that once out of marriage(through divorce or simple separation) getting married again is a toll order given the mind set of the typical African man, it is therefore paramount that measures should be taken to avoid regrets.
Hence, I tot it wise to gather these facts obtained through interaction while Nigerian men get into marriage:

1- I have made money syndrome. This is seen amongst young promising men who feel they should have an 'Oriaku' to spend on.

2- Am of age. Funny enof people still sponsor other people's marriage because they feel he should have a wife considering his age. Most often however, men are cajoled into marriage becos of their age and some, to avoid this would rather do the presumed needful.

3- I need a cook. After all, women's education ends in kitchen. Beware, the bulk of people in this category are wife beaters.

4- Mark of manliness. Who says marriage is synonymous with manliness

5- Financial security. If you are a lady who is established or has potentials, beware you may fall for this. Most men marry doctors, nurses, lawyers etc for what they can get financially.

6- Bear children to continue linage(if there is anything like that). What is the guarantee that you or the man is fertile enof to start producing immediately? Beware of mother-in-law sickness.

7- To curtail promiscuity. Brother, if you are promiscuous before marriage, are you sure u're gonna stop once married? Prayer is the way out.

8- Old age security! Young wives versus old men. Wonder why you women marry men thrice their age?? Nigerian men are truly wise.

Finally, marriage is an institution installed by our creator. Reasons as to entering this should be genuine and all encompassing. I there urge you to seek Him diligently for he has the answers.
I rep Naija
If these are the 'despicable' reasons for getting into marriage, what then is/are the good and 'not despicable' reason(s)?

Love? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by bennyrazz: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
@op, to everything we do in this life, there is a reason. Why did you go to school or choose the career you are in today? it is because of one thing or the other. And mind you, I see nothing wrong with the reasons you posted? do you know the reasons why some ladies get married?? no you don't. And a man without reason is a man without vision/mission. If you ask most ladies why they got married, they would tell cuz they don't want to be stigmatized by the society including their family. What's the essence of a tree that does not produce fruit? my advice to ladies out there. Once you are sure of the man you want to marry and he proposes, do yourself a favor by accepting. Some of the ladies you see on NL spewing jargons about men are simply bitter women who have had failed relationships due to their own doings.

1 Like

Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by avuekwe(f): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
SAMBARRY:

watch out
yes o, they are coming. Make I buy chewing stick come. Keep space for me
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by SAMBARRY: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
avuekwe:
yes o, they are coming. Make I buy chewing stick come. Keep space for me
before nko. Idon bookspace for you and I don pprepare food join sef so when you are ready let me know wink
Re: 8 Despicable Reasons Nigerian Men Get Into Marriage-- Ladies Be Warned by avuekwe(f): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
SAMBARRY:
before nko. Idon bookspace for you and I don pprepare food join sef so when you are ready let me know wink

Thanks dear, but first lets start with the chewing stick before the food# passes him one stick#.

(1) (Reply)

Celebrate My Baby She Is One Year Old. Pix / Occupations Needed In Saskatchewan / STRANGE REASON MARRIAGES HAVE ENDED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.