Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151794 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
ziddie:
somebody should pls fill me in

Getting a masters degree with a 2.2 Nigerian based standard result might be farfetched in a Canadian Uni.

Your best bet will be a PGD.

Ofcourse the first step will be getting admitted into a school before you begin to bother about TRV (Temporary Resident Visa).

Try and search for your course with:

www.ontariocolleges.ca (Ontario Specific)
www.unversitystudy.ca (Everywhere in Canada)

And do yourself the favour of backtracking to read up on issues people have treated over the past.

Veterans Siga, Amefrica.... over to you guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Haha, bros, small like Elephant ! When the guy get to the river, trust me, he will cross it successfully ! cheesy
The 1st thing is to chop TRV...All else can change as appropriate subsequently now, abi no be so ?
lekan008:

Pls, kindly consider the data you'd need if Nigeria is chosen as a case study.... hope you garrit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
Officially you need it. Go to the Nigerian immigration website to confirm
But officials of the immigrations service have ways of packaging it if you play ball. That is why they didn't ask you.
bighead1:

Who says one needs cert of origin for intl passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
soji0509:
But officials of the immigrations service have ways of packaging it if you play ball. That is why they didn't ask you.
finally got my certificate of origin today at no 53b Remi Fanikayode Street Ikeja Gra for N2,000. The officer did a semi-formal interview. The questions were; what's my local govt area, my family name and house , mention five cities, what's the boundary city connecting osun and oyo. what's d name of the deputy governor. Thanks people. Pls pls I need advice from people that got student permit with spouse! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
opsynusy:

@bighead1..which kind neighborhood be that... i refuse to be ur neighbor in that area o except u stay in nelson,castlegar Or Vancouver ,then we can be neighbors grin

You go be my neighbor for Canny, no worry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
soji0509:

Aiit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sekinatmi(f): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bamz:

If there's a minimum number of REQUIRED refs the school is asking for and you've it fulfilled, no problems. However if the outstanding ref isn't a surplus, then you might have an issue.

Do best to contact your program coordinator.
All the best.
Cheers mate.

The deadline was feb1,I was just thinking if they can consider me because of my grades.I.e 4.52 because the second reference is giving me issues.2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by asfalol: 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello all, pls i'd like to know the cheapest universities in Canada for masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tweeny24: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello everyone is it advisable to add UCI number and indicate that one has been denied before while reapplying or its better if they treat it as a new app?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sean622: 3:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello house, I am going to make my study visa application from the UK anytime soon and I wish to know how many months Account statement is required for submission and the document checklists, thank you.

Hello guys... I urgently need answers for my question pls

how I wish this forum get back to the days when every single question has numerous answers and comments..... Bring Back Our Forum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
sekinatmi:

The deadline was feb1,I was just thinking if they can consider me because of my grades.I.e 4.52 because the second reference is giving me issues.2

Please contact your school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by KELVIN086: 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
einsteino:
i don't mean to kill your spirit but i have to say your sop is poor. First and foremost, you have to showcase a good command of english in your sop. what i do is getting someone else to read and correct my grammar. Also, I would advise you to break from the norm when writing your first paragraph, i mean the whole world knows the reason why you are writing is because you are applying for blah blah and cos its mandatory that you do. pity the review council a bit, they have over a thousand boring sops to read, at least employ a passionate and interesting hook in your first paragraph that would motivate them to keep reading.

Do not take an sop lightly, it is your only chance to talk to those making decisions on your application. see it this way, it is too late to effect any change on your academic qualification, you had that chance some years ago while you were still an undergrad and right now those transcripts are either helping out or working against you. if at all you have an excellent transcript speaking tonnes of your intellectual prowess, has it occurred to you that graduate study(esp thesis based) require a good deal of passion to succeed? the only way you can showcase your passion and address whatever needs explaining is by a powerful sop. A personal statement is more of a literally piece than formal, nonetheless beware of cliches. Everyone has his own style of writing, inshort some have coined a signature out of theirs... try and find yours. For those who do not know(i can see you have done your homework),A typical sop should address the following(not necessarily all of them and not limited to these ones listed)

1, Reason why you are applying(demonstrate your passion. example of an open paragraph..

Though i have always had mathematical prowess but it wasn't what endeared me to engineering. it is the engineer's ability to turn theory into solutions that interest me, i want to learn about how electronic systems can be designed and controlled.

see how i have showcased my passion and at the same time stated reason why i am applying and highlighted the particular engineering field?

2, what undergrad courses you have taken that are relevant to your graduate study(if you had good grades in them, feel free to brag about it modestly but please never ever make the mistake of defending your poor grades in a course by pointing accusing fingers at your lecturers. it will put you out as someone who doesn't take responsibility)

3, What led you to this path (did you just wake up and in the middle of a hangover realise you need to pursue a masters degree? )

4, o.k so you have passion for this,in your enthusiasm what have you done so far in respect to your interest?(it could be acquiring work experience, it could be consulting with your mentors, it could be acquiring professional certifications, anything at all that shows some seriousness)
5, Why this university? (seriously dude, you left all the universities in your home country for this one despite the fact that they don't require visas. even in canada, there are a many other ones that u could have chosen yet this one is your choice. what informed that choice? mind you your answer to this question would tell the kind of person you are)

6, What makes you standout(oh yeah your choiced university may be an asset to your career path, but no one wants a parasite... so what are you bringing to the table? why should you be chosen over a hundred others? incase you don't know, that prestigious name was built by their students, so are you someone who could be an asset to them?)

7, o.k in 2yrs time you would have that Msc that you flew all the way to that deep freezer called canada for, Where do you hope the skills you acquired from this course would take you to + future goals

a few tips, always ensure you use active and not passive words, irrespective of it being a narrative. Endeavor your sop is concise and cohesive.

LASTLY, i wrote all this to help and not attack anyone and i do not claim to be a monopoly of knowledge. inshort you employ these tips at your own risk.

i will personally send you my sop for u to review it when the time comes

its like you are a sop supervisor at the canadian visa office

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loriaidah(f): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Added
pls mrnilobrawn which of the university u apply or u dey?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 5:42pm On Mar 04, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Congrats @Snappyfingaz. Happy for you. How long did it take you in all to process your study visa (from the date of application to when you got the TRV)? Did you pay your tuition before applying? Was it an online application?

Snappyfingaz:
1st Application
Applied: 27th April
Biometrics: 9th May
Refused: 15th May
Reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, financial and personal assets and current employment situation.

Docs Submitted: Sponsor SOA (Salary Acct M30+, dorm account $120+k),
Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer. NO SOP.

2nd Application
Applied: 3rd October
Biometrics: 9th October
Med Call: 28th November
Med Done: 3rd December
Passport Request: 8th December.

Docs Submitted:

*Sponsor SOA for 6months (salary acct. 40+M, dorm acct $120+K)
*Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer
*My four months SOA (500+K)
*Letter of introduction and study leave letters from my employer
*SOP (clearly detailing why I chose to study in Canada and at the University of Regina and my plans to return to Naija upon graduation.

This is all. Note that none of my documents were notarized. If someone agrees to sponsor you and puts it in writing with his contact details clearly stated I see no reason for all that. Sponsor meanwhile is my maternal uncle with different surname. Thanks everyone. If any questions, I'll do well to answer them. May part 7 be better and sweeter than part 6. God bless everyone.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
Immediately Read back to January this year from this spot.
Thereafter, proceed to Part 4 (i.e ultimately from this spot to part4) . Your answer is there in FULL, trust me.
You need not waste any time. If you do the above you will have little question left within a short while of days and you would have been ready
to submit you application. Don't be Lazy. That is the only requirement. Here someone got his TRV within less than 10 day.
Hence, Theory is different from what happens in Practise. Read ! Read !! and Read back my dear friend. You are in the right place.
See testimony from Valeriann from the link below :
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/157
Team12:
Hello House,
I am new to the forum. I just got admission for Masters into a university in Canada and I have been given partial scholarship. I just discovered that the processing time for Study Visa has been increased from 21 weeks to 31 weeks (that is 8 months). I am required to resume in September 2015 (in 5 months) and I can't defer because of the scholarship.

I got information from someone that the processing time on their website is not usually followed, and that people now get Study Visa within a month. How true is this? Please anyone with useful information and practical experience on how long it took to process their study visa (using online application) should please share.

Also what other documents not stated on their website can enhance my application

I also plan to travel with my 1 year old daughter. She is already on the waiting list for several child care providers in Canada and I intend to submit our application together.

Please advice.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by KELVIN086: 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
Team12:
Hello House,

I am new to the forum. I just got admission for Masters into a university in Canada and I have been given partial scholarship. I just discovered that the processing time for Study Visa has been increased from 21 weeks to 31 weeks (that is 8 months). I am required to resume in September 2015 (in 5 months) and I can't defer because of the scholarship.

I got information from someone that the processing time on their website is not usually followed, and that people now get Study Visa within a month. How true is this? Please anyone with useful information and practical experience on how long it took to process their study visa (using online application) should please share.

Also what other documents not stated on their website can enhance my application

I also plan to travel with my 1 year old daughter. She is already on the waiting list for several child care providers in Canada and I intend to submit our application together.

Please advice.

what kind of part scholarship and which school is that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Taike: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
sekinatmi:
Hi everyone,
Please I applied to university of guelph for msc statistics but just realised one of my referees didnt upload his reference.is it possible that I am admitted.
thanks

I applied to Guelph as well, a different department though. The department sent me a mail when my supporting documents were complete. If you received this email, you probably have nothing to worry about. But then, you could always call your department to confirm. Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Moheat(m): 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=mrchemist post=31223083][/quote]
yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
IyaEjima:

IMO: yes, CofO/Survey/Deed of assignment/purchase receipt/plot allocation form.. Any of the aforementioned shld fly. If u find a 2nd doc to add, gd.. If not, 'grace' up and SHOOT!

Thank you very much for your response...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
Opesyy:
From comments on similar post in the past, people stated that they included the deed of asignments and receipts(irrespective of the cost then) along with the survey plan. I ll advice you to back it up with those docs too.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by turepadams: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
i have recieved the medical call today oo, jst wen i was about commiting suicide

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
KELVIN086:

what kind of part scholarship and which school is that

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
turepadams:
i have recieved the medical call today oo, jst wen i was about commiting suicide
Congrats grin. Lists the docs you submitted pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by porlo87: 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
HI NLanders,

I have an admission for a two-year program in canada and i want to process my study permit.

I plan to use a company - a family business in which I am a director, to sponsor my financial expenses.

Please, help me with the requirements to show that i can afford my fees, thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
turepadams:

Congrats dear, i tap into ur goodnews o. Goodnews will continue in this house in Jesus name. Paper or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
porlo87:
HI NLanders,

I have an admission for a two-year program in canada and i want to process my study permit.

I plan to use a company - a family business in which I am a director, to sponsor my financial expenses.

Please, help me with the requirements to show that i can afford my fees, thank you.

Hi, why don't you try to read from part 6. Your questions must have been answered along the way. Most people here currently are newbies and you will get more information when you read aback.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Omo!!!.You.go sabi book die ooo grin cheesy grin
Team12:
It's part Tuition and a Research Assistant Offer from University of Winnipeg. I also got University of Ottawa, Carleton Uni and Uni Manitoba, but none offered me scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by turepadams: 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
yregs:

Congrats dear, i tap into ur goodnews o. Goodnews will continue in this house in Jesus name. Paper or online?
paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello house please please please cic emailed and said they need custodianship lettter in less than a week or my visa will be denied, and i have contacted my university and they said the custodianship documents can only be organized by one who is in Canada already please i need your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
Thank you for the info Soji0509. I will read through asap.

soji0509:
Immediately Read back to January this year from this spot.
Thereafter, proceed to Part 4 (i.e ultimately from this spot to part4) . Your answer is there in FULL, trust me.
You need not waste any time. If you do the above you will have little question left within a short while of days and you would have been ready
to submit you application. Don't be Lazy. That is the only requirement. Here someone got his TRV within less than 10 day.
Hence, Theory is different from what happens in Practise. Read ! Read !! and Read back my dear friend. You are in the right place.
See testimony from Valeriann from the link below :
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/157
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by turepadams: 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Congrats grin. Lists the docs you submitted pls.
Bsc Certificate
NYSC certificate
Neco
Employement letter (Chevron)
Leave letter
payslips
perosnal statement of account #1.9 million
Reference letter of Company
Statemnt of purpose
Admission letter from school
police character report

sponsor My Biological father:
SOA #126million
$130,000
Land Certificate
Reference letter from Lagos House of assembly
Land doccuments
shares certificate
tax clearance
CAC registration
International passport page

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.