Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1152107 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 6:19am On May 24, 2015
Toronto
Solo8:

Nice, where city are you guys at?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:59am On May 24, 2015
Finestlex:
baba no be uniform, i think am o, i been wan pull of my shirt, wear only singlet.. lol.. how you position
I gallant, no shakes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:06am On May 24, 2015
As another week begins today, may the Almighty grant us his grace and favour.. The gates of TRVs be opened and the fetters of delays and denials be broken!

Let's be optimistic this week..It shall be well with us.

Seyimiilan, CruzAJ, and HayqinsBFX - brace yourselves up because soon - The most high is reversing the negative trend in this room and we will all testify.

So shall it be...IJN

Amen!

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bornequally: 8:10am On May 24, 2015
Good morning my good people of NL .Please to enter Canada with conference matter watin go be my documents, like what amounts I go need as per SOA,please gv me the website for online application ,thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:45am On May 24, 2015
Ay002:
Hello Everybody,

You guys have been doing a gr8 job here.

I will appreciate your response to this..

I was admitted to a school in the US for my Msc last year through an Agent, I gave him all my Academic and Personal Details and he got me the offer without writing GRE or TOEFL , i went for my visa interview at the US embassy and got the Visa, i used my father SOA. I left Nigeria for the US, while going the agent gave me a copy of the online form he submitted to the school and i kept it in my bag. He also helped me with the flight scheduling. My school is in Texas and he got me an Etihad booking to New york, he said when i get to New york, i should take a bus or Flight to Texas. I left Nigeria, and we got to Abu Dhabi to be connected to a flight to New york. On getting to the immigration Zone, i gave my Passport and I-20 to them, they took it in for like an hour, when the finally came back, i saw them coming with my luggage, i was called into a room for questioning, and i told them my father is sponsoring me and all, She asked me why i did not go to Texas Straight, i said this is the flight i got and am planning to take a bus or connecting flight to Texas. They told me to open my bag, and they searched everything, they saw my credentials, Past work experience, past award and birth certificate, and he asked me what i was going to do with my credentials since i am going for studies and have the plans of coming back.

He spotted the copy of the Online Application my Agent gave to me and went through it, after she asked me who is my sponsor and i told him my father, he asked the SOA i used at the embassy and i told him my fathers SOA, he then asked me who is Igbokwe Samuel and i told him i dont know. He showed me the Online application i submitted, my agent submitted another persons name and SOA to get me the offer and i was immediately disorganized knowing its a big problem.

He asked me if i wrote GRE or TOEFL to get the offer and i said no, he asked me how much have paid from my tuition and i said nothing. Then he said he is not convinced am going to study, that probably running away to work.

She pointed our three things against me.

1. My school is in Texas and i took a flight going to New york, which is the first suspicious alarm.

2. My birth Certificate and Credentials were with me.

3. I used different sponsor to get offer and different to get visa, which is wrong.

My Visa was cancelled and admission withdrawn and also denied entry, he told me to go back home, get another I-20, pay my part tuition, then i will be allowed in. I was so sad and discouraged on getting back and just decided not to go back.

My Que now is.. I got an admission in a school in Canada and i want to start my TRV process, hope my US traveling history wont affect my applicatio? I heard Canada and US share immigration information.

Please i need your urgent response.

Hmmn; evil forces everywia# this is your case is not ordinary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Hassan171(m): 10:32am On May 24, 2015
Snappyfingaz:
1st Application
Applied: 27th April
Biometrics: 9th May
Refused: 15th May
Reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, financial and personal assets and current employment situation.

Docs Submitted: Sponsor SOA (Salary Acct M30+, dorm account $120+k),
Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer. NO SOP.

2nd Application
Applied: 3rd October
Biometrics: 9th October
Med Call: 28th November
Med Done: 3rd December
Passport Request: 8th December.

Docs Submitted:

*Sponsor SOA for 6months (salary acct. 40+M, dorm acct $120+K)
*Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer
*My four months SOA (500+K)
*Letter of introduction and study leave letters from my employer
*SOP (clearly detailing why I chose to study in Canada and at the University of Regina and my plans to return to Naija upon graduation.

This is all. Note that none of my documents were notarized. If someone agrees to sponsor you and puts it in writing with his contact details clearly stated I see no reason for all that. Sponsor meanwhile is my maternal uncle with different surname. Thanks everyone. If any questions, I'll do well to answer them. May part 7 be better and sweeter than part 6. God bless everyone.

Hi bro I am about to submit my application I submitted last year but I was denied pls help me out bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Hassan171(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2015
Siga:
... Contrary to what most people may think Canada dont want Students or dont wanna give study visas... just read how much money Foreign Students bring in yearly...

“Our government is proud that Canada continues to be a study destination of choice for international students. International students generate an estimated $8 billion in economic activity in Canada each year and thousands will remain in Canada permanently, putting their education and experience to work and contributing to economic and job growth in Canada.”

Chris Alexander, Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister

Oga siga how are u doing pls help me out I submitted my applications last year but I was denied, now I am about to submit by the end of this month and this was the reason for refusing my applications: 1, your travel history 2, length of proposed stay in Canada 3, purpose of visit 4, your current employment situation 5,your personal assets and financial status.... Oga siga pls help me out and what can I do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 11:02am On May 24, 2015
Why u commot urself....u dey my front sef
darefestus:
As another week begins today, may the Almighty grant us his grace and favour.. The gates of TRVs be opened and the fetters of delays and denials be broken!

Seyimiilan, CruzAJ, and HayqinsBFX - brace yourselves up because soon - The most high is reversing the negative trend in this room and we will all testify.

So shall it be...IJN

Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 11:04am On May 24, 2015
You have to list the documents you submitted in your previous application.
Your previous educatonal background, and the program and level you're going for.
Your age and present employment status.
Hassan171:

Oga siga how are u doing pls help me out I submitted my applications last year but I was denied, now I am about to submit by the end of this month and this was the reason for refusing my applications: 1, your travel history 2, length of proposed stay in Canada 3, purpose of visit 4, your current employment situation 5,your personal assets and financial status.... Oga siga pls help me out and what can I do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2015
darefestus:

So shall it be...IJN

Amen!
Amen!......God will see us through

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 11:27am On May 24, 2015
I dey ur back oo...baba cruzaj!
God's. Grace
CruzAj:
Amen!......God will see us through

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by donmikoa: 11:30am On May 24, 2015
Can u please assist me. I am currently working as a business developer in one organization. I studied mcb in sch. But I have a passion for my job. I want to further for M.Ba. I don't know if I will be granted admission l. Cause my masters is not in line with my B.Sc. What university in Canada can accept me. I don't wanna write any Toefl or ielts.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Why u commot urself....u dey my front sef

Baba, I no Comot myself o..I dey kampe
Dem don thank me yesternight and I don set my mail to auto-refresh.
Make God take all the glory

But u know say na una be paper na grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 12:41pm On May 24, 2015
donmikoa:
Can u please assist me. I am currently working as a business developer in one organization. I studied mcb in sch. But I have a passion for my job. I want to further for M.Ba. I don't know if I will be granted admission l. Cause my masters is not in line with my B.Sc. What university in Canada can accept me. I don't wanna write any Toefl or ielts.
Thanks.

Hello,
I think u should apply/go for a pre-MBA in a Canadian school before fulltime MBA. I studied MCB too but got an MBA from a Nigerian Business sch, and all 7yrs work experience were majorly in the banking sector. I guess dt's d reason all schools i applied to for another Masters program,both in d US n Canada, offered me admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 12:42pm On May 24, 2015
It'll surely end in praise!
darefestus:

Baba, I no Comot myself o..I dey kampe
Dem don thank me yesternight and I don set my mail to auto-refresh.
Make God take all the glory

But u know say na una be paper na grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by donmikoa: 2:01pm On May 24, 2015
Crich:

Hello,
I think u should apply/go for a pre-MBA in a Canadian school before fulltime MBA. I studied MCB too but got an MBA from a Nigerian Business sch, and all 7yrs work experience were majorly in the banking sector. I guess dt's d reason all schools i applied to for another Masters program,both in d US n Canada, offered me admission.

Thanks for the reply. Are u saying I won't be granted admission for MBa without going for the pre-mba?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 2:33pm On May 24, 2015
Hope this fuel scarcity will.not affect processing time because if companies can't get fuel or the immigration officers can't get fuel to go to work, they will just be chilling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:37pm On May 24, 2015
Lol to this....na Accra dem dey check the documents na..

CoCoLav:
Hope this fuel scarcity will.not affect processing time because if companies can't get fuel or the immigration officers can't get fuel to go to work, they will just be chilling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 24, 2015
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=34052027]Lol to this....na Accra dem dey check the documents na..
But why bringing up an update that its been processed at canada visa office lagos. When Tracking.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:45pm On May 24, 2015
Na Accra my own dey show oo..
[quote author=shegsky post=34052192][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 2:50pm On May 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
It'll surely end in praise!

hayqinsbFX, Could you please follow back? I'd like to share some few info with you. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Na Accra my own dey show oo..
you mean they processed all ( visiting.Tourist.Student visa et al in accra.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:54pm On May 24, 2015
I knw only of student
shegsky:
you mean they processed all ( visiting.Tourist.Student visa et al in accra.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 3:10pm On May 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Lol to this....na Accra dem dey check the documents na..

Those wey wan do Biometrics nko? They use petrol/disel @ dia lagos office naa..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by burrytee(m): 3:29pm On May 24, 2015
Hello fellow nairalander.please i need your candid advise, i have been following the trend on several occasion but have not gotten the right answer to my question.i have an HND in mechanical engineering. am considering running a PGD/Graduate certificate in alberta, canada.most university/colleges are insisting i evaluate my credential through iQAS to ascertain the level of my qualification. i would appreciate if anyone could clarify me on what stand HND lies on Canadian educational standard. to evaluate my result it would take four months.is it adviseable to go ahead with the evaluation or what> Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 3:33pm On May 24, 2015
@burrytee,
IMO, HND is almost equivalent to Advanced Diploma. *i stand to be corrected*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2015
Ugochux:
@burrytee,

IMO, HND is almost equivalent to Advanced Diploma.
*i stand to be corrected*

Yea you're right, I would even consider it a normal diploma.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 4:14pm On May 24, 2015
Amen bro.. U too much... Good news all the way.[quote author=darefestus post=34041978]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obiscolly(m): 4:21pm On May 24, 2015
Hi all, I'm new on this thread. Currently processing an application to McGill University for the 2016 Winter (January) term. I emailed the department I'm applying to, to find out when admission decisions will be taken and they they said it will be sometime in October. Will 2 months be enough to get all travel documents in the event that I'm granted admission at that time? Thanks

Cc hayqinsbFX, CoCoLav
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Futurewiser: 4:23pm On May 24, 2015
Those of you that were able to bring your family/wife and kids to join you in Canada how are you guys coping? I want to know if I should do the same too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 4:26pm On May 24, 2015
its actually more like HND.
but its actually a misnomer in the nigerian educational system which depicts HND as bn miles lower to BSC.
they are meant to be regarded equal with a more practical motive attached to the HND.
Ugochux:
@burrytee,

IMO, HND is almost equivalent to Advanced Diploma.
*i stand to be corrected*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by burrytee(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
its actually more like HND.
but its actually a misnomer in the nigerian educational system which depicts HND as bn miles lower to BSC.
they are meant to be regarded equal with a more practical motive attached to the HND.

Thank you but would you advise to go ahead with the evaluation through IQAS and would the HND be accepted for a graduate certificate/PGD in canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.