Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151814 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:32pm On May 30, 2015
Request for an. Onlin one. And apply for ur study permit like that..
MUN letters actually do arrive but it myt take. time and n some cases when they miss ur address they return the parcel.
Those guys neva upgrade na Post dem dey use when courier full ground...
anthochie:

yes I have...I'm going for the fall (september) semester. I'm waiting for my unconditional letter to arrive via post. It was sent last week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TLOTRS: 2:46pm On May 30, 2015
Saurab:

Thanks, I am going for a PhD program, I applied for visa when I was in India. It took less than 2 weeks. No Medicaid too.

You are a Nigerian in India or you're an India citizen?
If you're a Nigerian, what visa status do you hold?

I'm going to be in your situation soon , and I need to make the right plans.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Saurab: 2:49pm On May 30, 2015
TLOTRS:

You are a Nigerian in India or you're an India citizen?
If you're a Nigerian, what visa status do you hold?

I'm going to be in your situation soon , and I need to make the right plans.

I am a Nigerian, was holding a research visa. I am in Nigeria presently.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TLOTRS: 2:59pm On May 30, 2015
Saurab:

I am a Nigerian, was holding a research visa. I am in Nigeria presently.

Okay, I don't know what the research visa entail, is it similar to a students visa?

Or in simple terms, if I'm on a student visa in another country , can I apply for a Canadian visa in the foreign country?

Sorry for the numerous mentions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Saurab: 3:10pm On May 30, 2015
TLOTRS:

Okay, I don't know what the research visa entail, is it similar to a students visa?

Or in simple terms, if I'm on a student visa in another country , can I apply for a Canadian visa in the foreign country?

Sorry for the numerous mentions.

Yes, if you have a valid student visa in another country, you can apply for any other country's visa. A research visa are for those on research program mostly in a research instititute and not same as student visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Misspee106: 3:21pm On May 30, 2015
Happy weekend to everybody on here. I'm a new member and will like to ask some questions.

Is it possible for you to apply for admission into college( a year graduate certificate program) while you're in ca on a visitor's visa. Do not get me wrong please, it's not like I want to study without a study permit but I want to know if I can submit the application online or come back to nigeria to put in for my application since my tourist is till valid for d next few months. Also, can you apply for for masters degree in a university upon completion of the graduate diploma or certificate program?

I earnestly look forward to fast response from the gurus on NL.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:35pm On May 30, 2015
Misspee106:
Happy weekend to everybody on here. I'm a new member and will like to ask some questions.

Is it possible for you to apply for admission into college( a year graduate certificate program) while you're in ca on a visitor's visa. Do not get me wrong please, it's not like I want to study without a study permit but I want to know if I can submit the application online or come back to nigeria to put in for my application since my tourist is till valid for d next few months. Also, can you apply for for masters degree in a university upon completion of the graduate diploma or certificate program?

I earnestly look forward to fast response from the gurus on NL.

Thanks

You're welcome.
I'm no guru tho.

Yes you have to come back to nigeria to apply as you hold a visit/tourist visa.

Its possible to apply for a masters degree on completion of your pgd/pgc as long as you graduate with great grades.
I hope the gurus will add or two points.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TLOTRS: 3:44pm On May 30, 2015
Saurab:

Yes, if you have a valid student visa in another country, you can apply for any other country's visa. A research visa are for those on research program mostly in a research instititute and not same as student visa.

Alright, thanks boss.

You've been helpful!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Misspee106: 4:31pm On May 30, 2015
tnuola:

You're welcome.
I'm no guru tho.

Yes you have to come back to nigeria to apply as you hold a visit/tourist visa.

Its possible to apply for a masters degree on completion of your pgd/pgc as long as you graduate with great grades.
I hope the gurus will add or two points.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by drelicx: 4:51pm On May 30, 2015
hello my e-family, am really in need of ur help. i applied for study permit on 08/04/2015 and i was refused on 20/05/2015 reason becos i didnt satisfy vo that i will leave at d end of my stay.considering several factors, including:
1) travel history. (i've never traveled before)
2) length of proposed stay in canada. (which as already been stated on my school acceptance letter)
3) purpose of visit. (which is study)
4) my current employment situation. (am serving presently and will finish by october but just got a marketing job this month)
5) my personal assets and financial status. (i dont hav any asset 4 now and my financial status is only based on allowance from NYSC)

document submitted
sponsor (my uncle): SOA, payslip,letter&sworn affidavit,annual salary review
myself: university transcript,statement of result,police certificate,birth certificate,WAEC certificate,secondary school testimonial,confirmation of state of origin.
school (uni of lethbridge): admission letter,letter of acceptance,attendance costs,program planning guide.

what can i do next? pls help me out oooooooooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:00pm On May 30, 2015
@delicrx
What program did you do in your UG and which are you going for now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 30, 2015
drelicx:
hello my e-family, am really in need of ur help. i applied for study permit on 08/04/2015 and i was refused on 20/05/2015 reason becos i didnt satisfy vo that i will leave at d end of my stay.

Sorry about the delay.

Please can you furnish the house on more information about your application.

I'm headed for the same school so I have particular interest in what program and course you applied to in the first place.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cally14(f): 5:21pm On May 30, 2015
@delicrx,

No SOP?

As a serving Corp Member, I think you should have included your Posting Letter to PPA, Letter of introduction from PPA, NYSC allowance Statement of Account (No matter how little).

I think the above mentioned would have solved the current employment situation and financial status.

When did you finish shool? What program are you going for and what's the duration of the program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toboy: 5:24pm On May 30, 2015
Good evening nice nice people.
I"ve been called for medicals. I want to book appointment with the Prime Medical Consultants, Port Harcourt as it is closer to my state, Enugu. I learned they were newly approved for Visa Medicals. Please I want ask if they're good? Have any one used them before?
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:26pm On May 30, 2015
Congratulatons
When were you called for medicals, when did you apply and what's your story.

Intended course of study and previous academic qualifications
toboy:
I"ve been called for medicals. I want to book appointment with the Prime Medical Consultants, Port Harcourt as it is closer to my state, Enugu. I learned they were newly approved for Visa Medicals. Please I want ask if they're good? Have any one used them before?
Thank you so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chrisviral(m): 5:40pm On May 30, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Congratulatons
When were you called for medicals, when did you apply and what's your story.

Since when is that the norm here?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chrisviral(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2015
toboy:
Thank you so much.

They have been around and yes they are good!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 5:45pm On May 30, 2015
Anthochie, If u r waiting for ur MUN letter to arrive by post, u r on a looooong thing. They sent me the soft copy since Dec 1st, 2014...till date I neva see d one from post...same for a friend who left for MUN last year...I got my TRV with the soft copy though...

anthochie:

yes I have...I'm going for the fall (september) semester. I'm waiting for my unconditional letter to arrive via post. It was sent last week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toboy: 5:45pm On May 30, 2015
chrisviral:

They have been around and yes they are good!
lol Chris , thank you. You're ubiqitous!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chrisviral(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2015
toboy:

lol Chris , thank you. You're ubiquitous!

grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 30, 2015
mevisbleek:

If you do not mind Sir, you can send me yours and I will be more than happy to peruse and critique as well. I would say its the same thing people use it interchangeably on this forum. Basically, you just need a letter addressed to the VO detailing : WHY THE PROGRAM, HOW THE PROGRAM WILL ASSIST YOU REACH YOUR CAREER & ACADEMIC GOAL, WHY THE SCHOOL, WHY CANADA ETC and any other good stuff you can think about that would mesmerize the VO.

I just wrote one for someone and I will be glad to send it to you

Hi @Mavisbleek, I am also in the process of submitting my SOP as well, actually by next week. Please can you also go through mine to see if it's okay or if it needs some fine tuning? I'll also sincerely appreciate your SOP sample as well, so I'm sure I'm on the right path.

I look forward to hearing from you. Remain blessed!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toboy: 5:54pm On May 30, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Congratulatons
When were you called for medicals , when did you apply and what's your story.

Hayquin thank you. I was called for medicals yesterday, I applied on 5th May. Lol, My story will still come later .Faculty of Arts, UG

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:58pm On May 30, 2015
5th of may? Was it paper route?
That's pretty close
toboy:

Hayquin thank you. I was called for medicals yesterday, I applied on 5th May. Lol, My story will still come later .Faculty of Arts, UG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 5:59pm On May 30, 2015
So u guys just want the family to help you without giving back right angry that's so not cool undecided
chrisviral:

Since when is that the norm here?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chrisviral(m): 6:01pm On May 30, 2015
kfrosh:
So u guys just want the family to help you without giving back right angry that's so not cool undecided

Maybe you should read from thread one again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toboy: 6:03pm On May 30, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
5th of may? Was it paper route? That's pretty close
online route,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:05pm On May 30, 2015
And u sad 5th of may....seems CIC no follow queue again o...
toboy:

online route,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toboy: 6:09pm On May 30, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
lol, trust me, my application process was through a special and simple route. Thats why i told you my story will come up later. Am typing with a phone. Don't worry you'll get yours soon. Which course and level?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chrisviral(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2015
hayqinsbFX:

Anything like that?
Mtcheeew. Or u know more than VO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:11pm On May 30, 2015
Adv diploma...
Civil engneering...

I'm really waiting for ur story..
toboy:

lol, trust me, my application process was through a special and simple route. Thats why i told you my story will come up later. Am typing with a phone. Don't worry you'll get yours soon. Which course and level?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 30, 2015
E-fight loading.
grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 6:14pm On May 30, 2015
toboy:

Oh boi...tell me about this route mehn... grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.