Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151018 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pyhz: 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
akanni:

$150 should be ok as long as that is what is on their site, emirate charged me $200 i think

Wat r u pple packing that u having extra luggages
please do away with wat u wunt need.U will be surprised that u need very little stuffs apart from food stuffs anyoda things will be garbage.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by double08(m): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
jojcanada:
please does anyone know the charge for excess (additional) suitcases on Ethiopian? Women wahala

It's 200$ if u re travelling from nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
redribs:

Well, I'm not CIC so I won't expect anyone to take my word for it. Just enlightening peeps that's all. I'm sure some people can relate

I actually quite relate with you. While I do not under estimate the importance of an SOP, I only used an LOE in my application just in the same manner you used yours. I tried to review my application from an objective standpoint and provided explanations where I felt something was vague.
I did not even knw what an SOP was until I joined this thread recently. So in all, the credibility and logical flow of your documents should actually do most of the work while an SOP if necessary would serve as the icing on the cake. Just my 2 cents!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
redribs:

Well, I'm not CIC so I won't expect anyone to take my word for it. Just enlightening peeps that's all. I'm sure some people can relate

I actually quite relate with you. While I do not under estimate the importance of an SOP, I only used an LOE in my application just in the same manner you used yours. I tried to review my application from an objective standpoint and provided explanations where I felt something was vague.
I did not even knw what an SOP was until I joined this thread recently. So in all, the credibility and logical flow of your documents should actually do most of the work while an SOP if necessary would serve as the icing on the cake. Just my 2 cents!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ebola:

SOP = LOE grin Just different styles of writing. They can pass for each other smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nyquist(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Pls house, refer me to anyone with a master's admission into U of Regina or U of Dalhousie. I want to know how long it takes for them to give admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
jojcanada:
Thanks 9 days to go. Saw $150 per extra 23kg suitcase and it looks too good to be true. so want to confirm before i enter gbese at the airport.

yeah, the $150 is for real. you still need to call for confirmation though. but thats about what they collect. between $150 to $200
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
Amefrica:

SOP = LOE grin Just different styles of writing. They can pass for each other smiley
[color=#006600][/color]

Sent u a pm!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
Asalyn:
[color=#006600][/color]

Sent u a pm!!!

Ok sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by brickfield1: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
[quote author=blink6 post=29103318]@brickfield1, I cant answer number 1 of ur questions cos I dont know what u filled initially.

2. Yes! You need to use a sponsor.
He/she should provide you with hos/her biz registration cert or employment letter (source of funds),
His/her statement of account. ...
A letter of affidavit (notarized)
Landed doc (if any).

3. Dont worry about the travel history. Although, I believe it is being triggered by a question from the questionnaire.

Good luck.
Thank U very much for your swift response. Really appreciate.
For the sponsor, I think I can use my half brother who is a canadian citizen?
2. Do I need to include my personal statement of account and letter of employment to show I've been doing something after my degree all this while or no need
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hello good people,

I got my letter of introduction today.

Is there anyone flying Ethiopian airline to toronto on the 29th of this month.
I am looking for flight partner

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
@ Brickfield1.... Yeah u need to add your employment details which includes,employment letter,pay slips and leave letter...but in absence of ur pay slips,u can substitute it with ur SOA provided it reflects your salary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
luvly3:

Try texting or calling the ones that posted numbers... I had same experience

I also had the same experience with kijiji in lethbridge, alberta. I think probably because our emails are from outside Canada that is why no one is replying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
Amefrica:

You have to prove every claim you make.
@ amfricana. How do I do dat pls. Help me out. I think Dats d only thing left for me to submit 4 my trv.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
misszionboo:
@ amfricana. How do I do dat pls. Help me out. I think Dats d only thing left for me to submit 4 my trv.

How exactly is he to you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nyquist:
Pls house, refer me to anyone with a master's admission into U of Regina or U of Dalhousie. I want to know how long it takes for them to give admission.

cc @Realone01
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holmes007: 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
Wow.... I Must say that I have missed alot. Got here like 3 weeks ago and just recently settled in (Uottawa). For those on their way please and please buy only thick cloths. I found out the hard way although you still have to buy from here anyways just come prepared. These people are very welcoming and nice, imagine when I arrived the hotel i was to stay in only accept credit cards so i had to find an alternative, a taxi driver/stranger found out I was a newbie and i was cold(shivering) "3cloths+one jacket" so he drove to his house, gave me 3 winter jackets and later his number to call for anything, he carried my luggages for free from d hotel to my new apartment, gave me a bed, couch and said i should come later for his tv, that's one out three people I have met like that. So if you really wanna come I think you should it's a beautiful place filled with beautiful minds. I pray for all awaitees and hopefuls that God will make a way for them and their visas will be granted and we that are here may God crown our efforts IJN.Amen. You guys are a blessing and I hope to give back more than what i gained.I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance. cheers

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Please anyone gotta help me with an SOP for potential supervisors??
Abeg mail to UdahChidi@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 12:34am On Dec 23, 2014
plssss guys; in case anybody knows any school that offers PGD in mechanical engineering apart from concordia uni should holla me. I don google tire but still on the matter. sad sad sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by myownlife(m): 12:48am On Dec 23, 2014
Holmes007:
Wow.... I Must say that I have missed alot. Got here like 3 weeks ago and just recently settled in (Uottawa). For those on their way please and please buy only thick cloths. I found out the hard way although you still have to buy from here anyways just come prepared. These people are very welcoming and nice, imagine when I arrived the hotel i was to stay in only accept credit cards so i had to find an alternative, a taxi driver/stranger found out I was a newbie and i was cold(shivering) "3cloths+one jacket" so he drove to his house, gave me 3 winter jackets and later his number to call for anything, he carried my luggages for free from d hotel to my new apartment, gave me a bed, couch and said i should come later for his tv, cheesy that's one out three people I have met like that. So if you really wanna come I think you should it's a beautiful place filled with beautiful minds. I pray for all awaitees and hopefuls that God will make a way for them and their visas will be granted and we that are here may God crown our efforts IJN.Amen. You guys are a blessing and I hope to give back more than what i gained.I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance. cheers
Whao! What a wonderful experience. Well, it's from here Nairaland that I have started seeing the beauty of being Nigerian. Outside here, I will doubt if there people with large heart. I will advise you also and everyone not to have anything too big to give away. It is always easier to do such if you believe that you acquired them by grace and not by your wisdom. I wish myself and everyone the best of luck and merry Christmas. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by UwemJimmy: 2:17am On Dec 23, 2014
Nyquist:

UoR decision is normally made within one month. Pls who's coming to UoR this winter?? I was referred to ogosh2k and exbash. Can this guys contact me, I can work out accommodation for you guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 2:37am On Dec 23, 2014
5p1naz:

Thanks for the detailed reply, after much research and thinking time. i have finally decided to stick to Canada. and here are the list of schools i will be applying for.

Ryerson University
University of Manitoba
Carleton University
Dalhousie
McGill

any suggestions or back lashes are welcome.

Cool schools. Just study the admission requirements like the back of your hand. Mail the grad secretary of the department and make enquiries as often as possible. You should get in bu God's Grace.

Wishing you the best bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 2:44am On Dec 23, 2014
9jabiggurl:

With address 4 pages...haha....ok oo...mine struggled to enter page 3....so I think I am still better off dude..

Yes I agree sop should not be boring but if you feel reducing your sop to 2 pages will remove some vital points by all means leave it @ 3.

Mine was 3 pages and if I had included the address of the embassy it would have spilled over to page 4. cry

your choice tho

Wetin una dey write biko If you can't state your purpose in a page, then you might be telling the VOs some unwanted stories. But if that helped you, all well and good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 3:00am On Dec 23, 2014
5p1naz:
So I have this issue yea, I graduated with bachelors of architecture june 2013 and I've been working as a director with my dad's company ever since graduation. A job totally totally totally different from my undergraduate course Architecture.

Now I want to go for masters of architecture. Common sense of course is, when I apply to the embassy, I cannot use my current job for job experience. Because it conflicts with the masters im going for. I also understand I have to be as honest as possible with the embassy. So what do I do?

Why can't you use your current job

To me any job can be used as a link to what your study if you add a proper spin to it. You said you are a Director in a company so I would try and phrase a way you can link that to Architecture. I would be assuming your company did some remodelling on their office space or ware-house or whatever building you operate from. Mind you, I do not know anything about architecture or your area of proposed research so bear with me.

"...serving as a director on the board of XYZ company has afforded me the opportunity to gain some insight into management and basically bridging the gap between theoretical learning in school and real life experiences. One of such experiences happened when I was overseeing the remodelling of our office space. Using my background from school, I was able to brainstorm with the contracted architect with more efficient ways through which we can maximize office space while maintaining an eco-friendly environment. The solution we came up with sparked an interest in me and I continued looking for more efficient ways to achieve the same result. This led me to read some research papers on the relationship between architecture and a green environment. Hence, my decision to pursue an MSc in Architecture with focus on green-Architecture..."

As I said earlier on, I do not know jack about architecture or your experience or your proposed research field. I just wanted to let you know that any kind of work you have done is a valuable experience and with the right amount of thought, you can put a spin on it and link it to your proposed MSc field. Best of luck.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennybravo1(m): 5:02am On Dec 23, 2014
Please can you send me a copy of SOP
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 5:56am On Dec 23, 2014
Amefrica:

How exactly is he to you?
. He's a family frnd. Has a valid Canadian visa. Married with kids.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 23, 2014
misszionboo:
. He's a family frnd. Has a valid Canadian visa. Married with kids.

What relationship are you trynna claim with him on your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sheriph: 6:28am On Dec 23, 2014
House masters and mistress, Please who knows much about George Brown College in Ontario. Any hints about the school, because my little bro is planning to apply to the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 6:52am On Dec 23, 2014
Wetin we do CIC naaaaa! Choii! More than a week after medicals and yet no word. CIC dia ris God oooo!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sidnigga: 7:06am On Dec 23, 2014
I tink dos dat hv passed dier medical shd jus kip calm...or u guys hv. planned to go do xmas in canny...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 23, 2014
Hello dear am gud,will be in winnipeg on saturday 27th,am in ontario nw,wen exctaly re u coming?
constant57:
Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Is any Nairalander in Winnipeg? I will be coming to Winnipeg for a week holiday and I would like to meet some friends.

@Tianadiva, how are you doing. You in Winnipeg yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sean622: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2014
I've asked this question earlier but seems no one is willing to help here...
Hello house, I'm applying for Canada student visa from the UK, what
are the necessary application documents I need to provide at the
VAC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.