Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1153077 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
pchax:

Now you are talking. You gave us more details that we can work with like your area of specialization, your CGPA etc. To start with, I admire your taste in schools. UBC and uMich are really top schools in their respective countries (they are both within top 5 in their countries in Computer Science don't know about other fields). Having said that, to enter such schools for an MSc, your application would be considered against some crazy dudes who made a Quant score of 175 in GRE and developed a super-collider in their BSc level.

So what's the way forward? I would advice you decide on a country to start with. USA and Canada have similar educational systems but different immigration systems. Choose the one that suits your need. You mentioned standard of living. You can google most expensive cities in USA (Newyork, LA etc) or Canada (Vancouver, Toronto etc) and then you look for schools not in that city to apply to.

Another way to go around this is to know your research interest and get schools that are good in that field. It would surprise you that some little schools may be masters in your research field. For example, University of Waikato (New Zealand though) or something like that is one of the leading schools in Machine Learning cos of the software they developed.

Wishing you the best bro!

Thanks for the detailed reply, after much research and thinking time. i have finally decided to stick to Canada. and here are the list of schools i will be applying for.

Ryerson University
University of Manitoba
Carleton University
Dalhousie
McGill

i'm trying to reduce the risk of getting rejected again by applying for these 5 schools, at least 1 must pick me grin. I graduated in 2013, The longer i stay out of academics, the less interested i become in books. and also the more i have to explain to these visa officials what i have been doing. and why is getting admission for architecture so difficult?? embarassed embarassed cry cry

any suggestions or back lashes are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 1:27am On Dec 21, 2014
tanx for your response.
luvly3:

It most probably would..... To be on the safe side get 2 admissions one for the diploma u want to do and another pgd course related to ur current field of study, use the pgd admission to secure ur visa, on arrival in Canada u can switch to ur Diploma course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 2:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Asalyn:
Is der anybody heading to centennial college or residing in Toronto?...I need help about accommodation stuff. Av tried to use kiji but dey are not returning my mails. Tnx

Try texting or calling the ones that posted numbers... I had same experience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennybravo1(m): 4:46am On Dec 21, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] pls gurus I was delayed this year, I want to ask if I can change school and course if I want to re-apply next year any effect on my chance pls
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 6:25am On Dec 21, 2014
ManTiger:

Aint at the retreat.
I used the fone with PC and I'm having a bad time with it, I can't do anything typically with the whats app.
You've got my personal email?

Oga Mantiger longest time,pls i nid to discuss sometin wt u, pls reply my pm. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by okchris: 7:16am On Dec 21, 2014
Good Day Wonderful People in The House, A.K.A E-Family. Checked my cic account this morning and I saw this Update: Review of biometric information: Not needed at this time. Prior to this morning, it always said ''We Have Received Your Biometrics'' Just wondering if anyone had similar experience? Or what that means? Wishing You All A Successful Week Ahead. Bless...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 21, 2014
okchris:
Good Day Wonderful People in The House, A.K.A E-Family. Checked my cic account this morning and I saw this Update: Review of biometric information: Not needed at this time. Prior to this morning, it always said ''We Have Received Your Biometrics'' Just wondering if anyone had similar experience? Or what that means? Wishing You All A Successful Week Ahead. Bless...

You mean review of medicals: not needed at this time? Biometric is all about "we need the applicant's biometrics/we haven't received the applicant's biometrics" or something like that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2014
okchris:
Same with mine, anyone else experiencing this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by okchris: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2014
Amefrica:

You mean review of medicals: not needed at this time? Biometric is all about "we need the applicant's biometrics/we haven't received the applicant's biometrics" or something like that.
@ Amefrica. I mean Biometrics Bro. Not medicals. It's confusing cos I did my bio over 1 month ago. Anyways, hoping for the best cos it's almost 8 weeks for me now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2014
9jabiggurl:

oh ok....that questionnaire...i get it now...done already sef... thanks @ Amefrica you are far too kind

please which questionnaire is this one again? i guess there are two? i only got the one posted by joe980
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2014
Hello house. @amefica @pchax. Nd other gurus in the house. Please when dey deny cos of travel history does it mean one must ve travelled outside Nigeria or must have a valid visa to other country or wat. D question sound stupid but I'm just confused seeing many pple being refused on the ground of travel history.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2014
@Mrnilobrawn, saw same on my profile now. Review of biometrics not needed even though it had biometrics received all this while.
Is anyone experiencing such and what does it mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2014
misszionboo:
Hello house. @amefica @pchax. Nd other gurus in the house. Please when dey deny cos of travel history does it mean one must ve travelled outside Nigeria or must have a valid visa to other country or wat. D question sound stupid but I'm just confused seeing many pple being refused on the ground of travel history.
Thats just a silly reason..as oga siga would have it.

If that wad the only reason ticked, you dont have to worry about it... just refire with same docs.

When did you apply?

God ain't sleeping.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 11:36am On Dec 21, 2014
diamondsare4eva:
@Mrnilobrawn, saw same on my profile now. Review of biometrics not needed even though it had biometrics received all this while.
Is anyone experiencing such and what does it mean?
Yea! It is probably on everyone's account.
Do not panic. It could be their new way of saying; "we have received your biometrics."

God ain't sleeping. Be sure to recheck ur account later this evening. And wait on a mail from them tomorrow. Good luck to all of us.

God ain't sleeping
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2014
Could be bcoz of their recent system maintenance/upgrade. It could b there new way. #NoWorries

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2014
blink6:

Thats just a silly reason..as oga siga would have it.

If that wad the only reason ticked, you dont have to worry about it... just refire with same docs.

When did you apply?

God ain't sleeping.
. My dear I'm applying by January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
misszionboo:
. My dear I'm applying by January.
Oh! But u have made an initial application that was refused abi? Or you're building ur defenses?

Nonetheless, good luck with it. GOD WILL BE THERE FOR US ALL.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by double08(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
kennybravo1:
Please can I make a reference to my first application that I was deny and reasons for the denial or I should not and secondly how many pages will my SOP be. Thanks sir

You can make reference to it but it's not compulsory since you will have to state your uci number.

About the sop, its imperative you don't beat around the bush but if you feel 2 pages won't be enuf you can make it a 3 page sop. Mine was 3 pages and I did not make any reference to my first app

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
blink6:

Oh! But u have made an initial application that was refused abi? Or you're building ur defenses?

Nonetheless, good luck with it. GOD WILL BE THERE FOR US ALL.
. No application yet. Just building defences. Thanks. We will all laugh @ d end
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
sup bro mrnilobrawn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Damolaay(m): 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pls house, I apply to humber college last week and they send a mail to me the following day requesting I should pay my application fee but I don't know how, I already send a mail to them but no reply yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
realone01:
sup bro mrnilobrawn
So loyal boss. How is the cold treating u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
okchris:

@ Amefrica. I mean Biometrics Bro. Not medicals. It's confusing cos I did my bio over 1 month ago. Anyways, hoping for the best cos it's almost 8 weeks for me now.

It should be an error I guess. Success man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
misszionboo:

Travel history really doesn't matter like that when it comes to Student Visa. Just tackle other angles and refire.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
check ur mail bro
mrnilobrawn:

So loyal boss. How is the cold treating u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
So I have this issue yea, I graduated with bachelors of architecture june 2013 and I've been working as a director with my dad's company ever since graduation. A job totally totally totally different from my undergraduate course Architecture.

Now I want to go for masters of architecture. Common sense of course is, when I apply to the embassy, I cannot use my current job for job experience. Because it conflicts with the masters im going for. I also understand I have to be as honest as possible with the embassy. So what do I do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
realone01:
check ur mail bro
Tnx, Replied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Femicrux: 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Do the police run a background check on you before issuing a character certificate? Also, can the character certificate be issued at any police station?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Femicrux:
Do the police run a background check on you before issuing a character certificate? Also, can the character certificate be issued at any police station?
Thanks.

I don't think so.... House, police Character Cert is it same as Police Clearance Cert? which one is required.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by double08(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
5p1naz:
So I have this issue yea, I graduated with bachelors of architecture june 2013 and I've been working as a director with my dad's company ever since graduation. A job totally totally totally different from my undergraduate course Architecture.

Now I want to go for masters of architecture. Common sense of course is, when I apply to the embassy, I cannot use my current job for job experience. Because it conflicts with the masters im going for. I also understand I have to be as honest as possible with the embassy. So what do I do?

Tot architect in nigeria always do their masters after the BSc? How many years was ur course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Inkblood:

please which questionnaire is this one again? i guess there are two? i only got the one posted by joe980

if you are going online route there is a compulsory questionnaire you must fill before you can get the checklist code for online route....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
double08:

You can make reference to it but it's not compulsory since you will have to state your uci number.

About the sop, its imperative you don't beat around the bush but if you feel 2 pages won't be enuf you can make it a 3 page sop. Mine was 3 pages and I did not make any reference to my first app

@double08 i am in ur boat of SOP more than 2 pages.... Mine is unavoidably 3 pages...i just could not help it.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.