Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? (14789 Views)

LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy / Why Young People Should Invest In Shares / How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by tygaweezy(m): 11:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
So this has to do with the character of most young people today,saving money is really one hell of a task for them because they believe somewhere in their heads that their savings should have a limit and most of this young people don't even realise they do such things.
For example, you see a hard working young boy and obviously he's making alittle change from the work he's doing but you'll be suprise to realise that he only invests the money in irrelevant things like mobile phones,tablets,cloths and so on, but saving the money to migrate to a better business is kind of not on his dictionary.
Now am wondering if this kinda attitude is normal or man made , just curious... Drop your opinions

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by motherlode: 12:01am On Dec 09, 2014
They seem to love and want to get many things @ the same time grin and this discourages savings smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by yuncka: 1:20am On Dec 09, 2014
Keeping a leech in female clothing.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by ayogabriel(m): 6:39am On Dec 09, 2014
Guys do a better job in this than the ladies. Check well.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by frisby: 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
It's simple,
It is man-made.
Businesses these days are doing everything possible to sell their services n goods.
Social n mass media are doing everything to pass the msg of "spend-to-show-your-status" to everyone.
Young ppl are the most affected because older ones like us have known from own experiences that there's sooo much more to life than luxury and pleasure.

The younger minds are easily influenced.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by edogho(m): 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
...double quote....
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by edogho(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
frisby:
It's simple,
It is man-made.
Businesses these days are doing everything possible to sell their services n goods.
Social n mass media are doing everything to pass the msg of "spend-to-show-your-status" to everyone.
Young ppl are the most affected because older ones like us have known from own experiences that there's sooo much more to life than luxury and pleasure.

And the no.1 guilty fellow is MEEEE. I don't even know how I manage to finish all Mi funds. buy when I need even 70k, somehow I still got it under 3wks from the same biz.

I just dey vex for misef. in fact, I should be flogged seriously. can't even Behind Mi apartment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by tygaweezy(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
frisby:
It's simple,
It is man-made.

Exactly
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by frisby: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
edogho:

And the no.1 guilty fellow is MEEEE. I don't even know how I manage to finish all Mi funds. buy when I need even 70k, somehow I still got it under 3wks from the same biz.

I just dey vex for misef. in fact, I should be flogged seriously. can't even Behind Mi apartment.

Made 70k in 3 weeks, not terrible.
If u can make more than u spend, then u'll do just fine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
They do not see the need for saving or investing. Young people feel that the joy ride is for ever. By the time they get married and start having kids, they think back with regret on the 50K timberland boots and the 150K iphone6 that could have been used to buy 2 plots in a former rural village, now posh housing estate. Of course, the realisation always comes too late. By that time, there is house rent, school fees for 3 kids, food, in-laws and aged parents... you just struggle to swim against the tide.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by edogho(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
frisby:

Made 70k in 3 weeks, not terrible.
If u can make more than u spend, then u'll do just fine.
only when it's like I'm facing a gun o.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by tygaweezy(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2014
edogho:
only when it's like I'm facing a gun o.
I'll gladly face that gun everyday 4 daht kinda money mehn
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by braintext(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dunno
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by QMark: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Because there are still beer and girls out there

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by NaijaOptimist: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Abuamam:
They do not see the need for saving or investing. Young people feel that the joy ride is for ever. By the time they get married and start having kids, they think back with regret on the 50K timberland boots and the 150K iphone6 that could have been used to buy 2 plots in a former rural village, now posh housing estate. Of course, the realisation always comes too late. By that time, there is house rent, school fees for 3 kids, food, in-laws and aged parents... you just struggle to swim against the tide.

well said.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by KidProgrammer(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Fresia01(f): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
too many things to buy.. buh i am a master in saving.. i dnt joke with my money.. i fit use 1000k for two weeks..lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by bastien: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Flexing lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by JoeCutie(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Save? For where?

Even the 'Save' sef no safe. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Tuljaking(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
@op y did oloshoz find it hard not to exist
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by hazyfm: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
STILL DON'T KNOW
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ok. am here to read comment.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by hayoakins(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
i dunno oh embarassed

Perhaps because they are not certain of what the outcome of 2015 election would be and naira may stop being the legal tender should Nigeria divide after the election, hence they live for now and not the future grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by KidProgrammer(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
Cus girls are still out dia

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by BruzMoney(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
No time

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by sukkot: 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
they buy recharge card for their galfrens. they are suckers cheesy
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
Extravagant lifestyle
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by braintext(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fresia01:
too many things to buy.. buh i am a master in saving.. i dnt joke with my money.. i fit use 1000k for two weeks..lol
If i....
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Greenified(m): 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
It has to do with upbringing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Happening To MMM, December 2016? / closed / What You Can Do With $2(#650) In This Economic Reccession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.