Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? (584 Views)

Check Out The Hilarious Sign Church Uses To Stop People From Urinating Around / Is It Proper To Label Pastors As Crooks? / The Holy Spirit, My Senior Partner - Understanding The Holy Spirit & His Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? by dein77(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2014
Good morning, my people.
It's my pleasure to meet with you here this morning.
There's this senior colleague of mine in the office. She most times doesn't come to work that early. And then after arriving late, she will spend minutes praying and studying the Bible instead of doing the job she's paid to do.

Oftentimes, she almost spend the better part of the day doing religious activities.

I'm deeply saddened by this attitude of hers. But how do make her see this is wrong, knowing she's my superior in the office?

Please advise me. Thanks.
Re: My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? by Ukeachu1(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2014
if she is not doing her job,those above her wud notice and deal with it. till then just do urs
Re: My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? by asalimpo(m): 9:58am On Dec 09, 2014
how will they notice wen theyre not with her every work hour? The op is d one in her proximity.

Op, report her. For serious querying.
Re: My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? by dein77(m): 10:32am On Dec 09, 2014
asalimpo:
how will they notice wen theyre not with her every work hour? The op is d one in her proximity.

Op, report her. For serious querying.

Thanks for the advice dear.

Reporting her, like you suggested, seems the best thing to do. The problem is, coworkers almost always believe you've a sinister motive whenever you REPORT them to their superiors.

I think I will have to do that.
Re: My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? by DeepSight(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
dein77:

Thanks for the advice dear.

Reporting her, like you suggested, seems the best thing to do. The problem is, coworkers almost always believe you've a sinister motive whenever you REPORT them to their superiors.

I think I will have to do that.

Do you have any idea if her productivity is thereby affected? Does her activity disturb the productivity of others or a team? Are there any complaints from her supervisors regarding her performance? If the "prayer" was done without you knowing - such as silently at her desk without assuming any particular posture, how would you know, and how would it be your concern? If the reading of scripture is done online, or perhaps on a tablet or phone, would you know, and would it be your concern?

Finally, if you worked in a multi-national with Middle-Eastern Muslim Arabic colleagues who took time out at various points everyday for their prayers, would you raise this same concern and "report" them? I once worked in just such a place where my colleagues from Pakistan would do just that, even using a meeting room for same, with prayer carpet and all.

Just a few posers for you to think on before embarking on your Police Inspector moves, o.
Re: My Senior Colleague Uses Company Time For Devotion: Is It Proper? by Ukeachu1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
DeepSight:

Do you have any idea if her productivity is thereby affected? Does her activity disturb the productivity of others or a team? Are there any complaints from her supervisors regarding her performance? If the "prayer" was done without you knowing - such as silently at her desk without assuming any particular posture, how would you know, and how would it be your concern? If the reading of scripture is done online, or perhaps on a tablet or phone, would you know, and would it be your concern?

Finally, if you worked in a multi-national with Middle-Eastern Muslim Arabic colleagues who took time out at various points everyday for their prayers, would you raise this same concern and "report" them? I once worked in just such a place where my colleagues from Pakistan would do just that, even using a meeting room for same, with prayer carpet and all.

Just a few posers for you to think on before embarking on your Police Inspector moves, o.

senior man. respect to u. help me tell am o

(1) (Reply)

Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God’ – Uma Ukpai / Isis Fighter Converts To Christianity After Allah Refuses Him The Gate Of Heaven / Nairalanders Let Us Pray!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.