Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities (17024 Views)

Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity / UNILORIN Law Students Rated Best In 2014 Bar Final Exam. / Covenant University Tops In Nigeria, West Africa Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Ilekeh(f): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nigerian students are the best - by Nigerian people.

Okay.............but where are the facts?
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Ilekeh(f): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
” In spite of the challenges in the country, Nigeria is the only place where you can be honoured, there is the need for you to give back to the society upon graduation,” he said.

Olorun maje!
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
TANK GOD

CHICK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by holatin(m): 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
wetin I fit talk if not
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
CSTR:
I dont see how being rated 'top' in US and UK unis translate to making Nigeria proud when there is very little skills and technology repatriation back to Nigeria.
Making the US and UK proud is more like it.

Ok sir.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by GboyegaD(m): 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
I think it is just the norm that when you read smart and well, you make the good grades. Most of my friends all did well except some spoilt brat who do not know why they are in school and the value of the money their parents pay to send them to school. This is not about the president and they should stop seeing it as an accomplishment.

More so, the white and other kids also get good grades. The rule of the game is read smart, take your quizzes, home works, mid terms, and finals seriously and you sure will get your A.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by rbjimoh: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
What was the selection process? Are the so-called students not the children of the thieves running Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by CSTR: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ilekeh:

Olorun maje!
oh well.
And some people are saying Nigerians should be proud because some Nigerians are succeeding academically in the US and UK.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Why spend so much sending our students abroad when we can build world class training center and graduate school in Nigeria. This is serious wasteful spending. What next after they're through with their studies? They port back to Nigeria band start applying for jobs. They would still pass through the same process a Nigerian graduate would pass through:aptitude tests, skills test and interview or assessment centre. Govt can save lots of money by building world class institutions here in Nigeria and research centers strictly for graduate studies. Center of excellence in Benin is a typical example. Its high time govt stopped wasting money on things that adds no value to our nation.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by AK481(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
gej is not advertising himself properly,this is a selling point for him.

almost all the first class graduates from engineering in unn are studying abroad,this should have been publicized by abati and okupe instead of defending a very difficult stance like subsidy,curruption etc
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by AK481(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
harde2lah:
Why spend so much sending our students abroad when we can build world class training center and graduate school in Nigeria. This is serious wasteful spending. What next after they're through with their studies? They port back to Nigeria band start applying for jobs. They would still pass through the same process a Nigerian graduate would pass through:aptitude tests, skills test and interview or assessment centre. Govt can save lots of money by building world class institutions here in Nigeria and research centers strictly for graduate studies. Center of excellence in Benin is a typical example. Its high time govt stopped wasting money on things that adds no value to our nation.

they will become lecturer for 4yrs (a mild bond),i think that is nice
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Confirm jist grin grin

Gba!!

The school wey I dey, na like child's play. Na me dey dey always answer question pass and carry first for every test.

Some people dey always wonder, "who is this Jamaican nigga sef." grin grin

Dem think say I be Jamaican grin
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
AK481:

they will become lecturer for 4yrs (a mild bond),i think that is nice
That's not true bro for the MSc guys because most of them went for industry MSC (1 year) and not academic Msc (2 years).
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
AK481:
gej is not advertising himself properly,this is a selling point for him.

almost all the first class graduates from engineering in unn are studying abroad,this should have been publicized by abati and okupe instead of defending a very difficult stance like subsidy,curruption etc
Bro, they're not really adding value because most of them would still come down to Nigeria to struggle for jobs. it would have been better if industries would absorb them immediately. If you doubt me, try to find and question some recipients of the various govt scholarships (NDDC, PTDF, PRESSID etc)
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Ilekeh(f): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
CSTR:
oh well.
And some people are saying Nigerians should be proud because some Nigerians are succeeding academically in the US and UK.

You guys understand that if western educated Nigerians come back, today's unemployment rate will look like Christmas season to Nigerian educated Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
Urine:

Lool. PTDF guys are still better...NDDC folks are worse.

How will nigeria get better with this rubbish?

Engineers that cannot balance simple chemical equations.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nigerian government should do more to develop Nigerians universities to standard and bring in bright minds from abroad. This scholarship is not going to make much impact on the nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bingham University: Postgraduate Admission For 2023/2024 Academic Session / Invisible Teacher By Dele Ashade For Jamb Use Of English ...where Can I Get It L / How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.