Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,526 members, 7,840,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities (17016 Views)

Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity / UNILORIN Law Students Rated Best In 2014 Bar Final Exam. / Covenant University Tops In Nigeria, West Africa Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by PromixTuhh(m): 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
Great
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Ahmed4002(m): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
Obiwannn:

u sure say oil go still de valuable for 2016 so
with the way oil prices are falling

No be only naija get Hydrocarbon. check out the OpeC list.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Mosb(m): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
naija sha
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
ThankGod for Gej..

GEJ till 2020
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Obiwannn: 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ahmed4002:

No be only naija get Hydrocarbon. check out the OpeC list.

hahahaha...
so u wan carry 9ja scholarship take go work for another man country?
I pirry u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by CSTR: 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
iwriterng:
Given an enabling environment, Nigerians Rocks!
If they rock that much , why can't they create the enabling environment in their own country.?
rubbish.
The amount of dollars we use in feeding foreign unis should be as high the GDP of a small 3rd world country.
pathetic.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by GateKeeper247: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by oladayo042: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Let's not forget we are talking about first class graduates here. Not even everyone that applied was selected; meaning those selected students are the best of the best. I am not expecting less from them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by freezyprinzy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
lemmi hear dat i will come back 2 nigeria worst come 2 worst ild fake my death

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Run, and don't look back kids.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by qtx(m): 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
lalasticlala:
London – Beneficiaries of the Presidential Scholarship Scheme studying in the U.S. and UK have been rated among top grades by their various universities.

It would be recalled that President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012, established the scholarship scheme for innovation and development in order to further the education of students with first class degrees to 25 top rated universities in the world.

Prof. Julius Okojie, Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission said during an interactive session with the students in London, said he was glad that the scheme has taken -off.

” The American system has a 4 point maximum scale, most of our students are on 3.8 or 4 points which is very outstanding, and no student has failed to transit from Masters to PhD, this is also a good record.
” It means that this scheme itself shows that the quality of our product is good,”he said.

Okojie who also doubles as the Chairman of the Scheme, said that the performance of the students were being monitored on a regular basis” we monitor them and get reports from their supervisors.”

According go him no student has dropped out of the programme since it began, noting that such scheme is one of the administration’s best scholarship programmes.

While addressing concerns of delayed allowances and entitlements raised by the students, Okojie said that the issue was being addressed by a new project implementation strategy committee.
He tasked the student on the need to return home upon completion of their studies” you are the next generation , on completion of your courses you are expected back to the country”.

” You are all expected to return back home to contribute to nation building by bringing innovations that will drive the economy,” Okojie told the students.

Also speaking, Kunle Gbamgbose, Deputy High Commissioner to the UK urged the students to continue to strive for excellence in their studies.

” You are Nigeria’s testimony, you have done well to have been selected, it is time to make the nation proud. your success will determine the continuity of the Programme.”

He said that most developed nations invested in their people and that was what Nigeria was emulating in building the capacity of the students .

” In spite of the challenges in the country, Nigeria is the only place where you can be honoured, there is the need for you to give back to the society upon graduation,” he said.

Some of the students who spoke expressed gratitude for the opportunity to further their education and promised to return home after their studies.
Beneficiaries of the scheme in the UK are studying various courses in five universities namely the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge , Edingburg and the University College London as well as Imperial College.(NAN).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/nigerian-students-rated-tops-u-s-uk-universities/
good news.... eemmmmm buh come to think of it, are u sure this is really good news to some poeple here? nor nor nor nor nor i don fink sor.. tongue
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Sunnex4life(m): 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
They are genius
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by AreaFada2: 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
englishmart:
what about France?
Aren't our people here (on nairaland) doing well there?

Bien sur! Of course!

They are doing well in womanology and wine-ology at Sorbonne University, Universite de Paris Rene Descartes and others.

No cause for alarm.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by sukkot: 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
what difference that make if they cant apply it to better nigeria ? wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
The PTDF scholars in my school are absolutely dumb, because most of them didn't merit the scholarship.

They might be "dumb" when you knew them but now they are better. People improve with time.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by lonelydora: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
englishmart:
what about France?
Aren't our people here (on nairaland) doing well there?
Not only in France, also in Otuoke here.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by iwriterng(m): 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
CSTR:
If they rock that much , why can't they create the enabling environment in their own country.?
rubbish.
The amount of dollars we use in feeding foreign unis should be as high the GDP of a small 3rd world country.
pathetic.

Your response is filled with so much anger, I don't know why that is, however, I would give a very brief response.

Who's fault is it that we don't have the enabling environment? Obviously not an error of this generation misdoing.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by mya1: 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
oladayo042:
Let's not forget we are talking about first class graduates here. Not even everyone that applied was selected; meaning those selected students are the best of the best. I am not expecting less from them.

Exactly!
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by roxell120(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
thats a good development
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by osimataylor(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
An yet fools say President Jonathan is clueless.An innovation that is set the country on the right pact.Our biased and compromised press are not seeing this.GEJ for life.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nigerians studying overseas never disappoint. cheesy #MakeNigeriaAndAfricaProud.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by hasshams: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
SaiBuharii:
Went for the test in Abuja, hope it turns out positive.
Ameen,gud luck
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by CSTR: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
iwriterng:

Your response is filled with so much anger, I don't know why that is, however, I would give a very brief response.

Who's fault is it that we don't have the enabling environment? Obviously not an error of this generation misdoing.
My post is filled with anger?
you must be high.
And yes, keep blaming your fore fathers, i am sure your children will blame you too.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by CSTR: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Amefrica:
Nigerians studying overseas never disappoint. cheesy #MakeNigeriaAndAfricaProud.
Making Nigeria and africa proud?
how?
is it through the transfer of skills and technology?
How are they making africa proud?
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
CSTR:
Making Nigeria and africa proud?
how?
is it through the transfer of skills and technology?
How are they making africa proud?

What's the topic about, sir? I typed regarding the topic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by iwriterng(m): 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
CSTR:
My post is filled with anger?
you must be high.
And yes, keep blaming your fore fathers, i am sure your children will blame you too.
I'd rather not trade words with you. I am of the opinion that, you're not opportuned to study outside of Nigeria, hence the hating.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by CSTR: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
iwriterng:

I'd rather not trade words with you. I am of the opinion that, you're not opportuned to study outside of Nigeria, hence the hating.
lol.
You are seriously deluded.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by daveP(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Prof Julius said he was glad. Like really. I rarely hear his name with any tangible positive development in Nigerian education sector.

Meanwhile.....

I know the students will never disappoint, its just the Govt that needs to treat our future with respect like it does the Federal Reserve.

https://www.nairaland.com/2029519/suggestionbox-restructuring-education-sector
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by CSTR: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
Amefrica:

What's the topic about, sir? I typed regarding the topic.
I dont see how being rated 'top' in US and UK unis translate to making Nigeria proud when there is very little skills and technology repatriation back to Nigeria.
Making the US and UK proud is more like it.
Re: Nigerian Students Rated Tops In U.S., UK Universities by Urine: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
The PTDF scholars in my school are absolutely dumb, because most of them didn't merit the scholarship.

Lool. PTDF guys are still better...NDDC folks are worse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice On Starting An Extramural Classes For Waec, Neco, Nabteb, Jamb / How Many Time Did You Write WAEC/GCE? / JAMB Releases 2024 UTME Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.