Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Computer Repair Needed!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Repair Needed!!! (1003 Views)

Computer Repair Gurus Help Me!!!!!! / DELETED / Computer Repair, Virus, Malware, Anitispy, Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Repair Needed!!! by ogtavia(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
I am sorry for dt sorta heading,it was to capture ur attention...now dt I have it,here goes....Recently,my desktop computer won't come up...prior to dis time,it won't boot until I set d date in d log on settings option...it said there was a problem with the on board battery,d system is jst a mere backup,albeit a very important and quite expensive one at d time I bought it....

Now,last week,it won't even boot,it will say windows has suffered a recent hardware change..dt I av to load d OS from its CD,didn't do dt anyway,I took it to a technician who attends to my computer problems and I don't doubt his expertise in anyway...he said,I must buy a new on-board battery,replace d HDD cos its corrupt and won't load....I av no problems with replacing d harddisk if only dt I av very very very and highly important stuffs there,I am an architect so I av pricey backups therein...

I av rare apps,media and download softwares there....I av big bang theory 1 - 7,modern family 1 - 4 to mention a few...I dnt mind buying a new harddisk....but I can't afford to lose any data on it,my dad's backup data are dere as well,backup from office drive,so its kinda sensitive...pls I really ideas on hw to retrieve my stuffs therein...and also d cost of a 160gb or 250gb desktop HDD...and if its possible to get d system HDD back...

The engineer has promised to do his best and I believe and trust him,but it won't hurt to explore my options...I appreciate every assistance that will be rendered to me in dis regards...tnx a lot..

1 Like

Re: Computer Repair Needed!!! by koseepaaro(m): 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
OP, what did the computer repair technician that you took the system to say is the nature of the old hard drive before telling you that it would need to be replaced? Is it that the systen can no longer detect it again or the drive won`t allow one to install fresh copy of windows on it? If the system can still recognize the old hard drive, your files can still be recovered.
Re: Computer Repair Needed!!! by ogtavia(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
koseepaaro:
OP, what did the computer repair technician that you took the system to say is the nature of the old hard drive before telling you that it would need to be replaced? Is it that the systen can no longer detect it again or the drive won`t allow one to install fresh copy of windows on it? If the system can still recognize the old hard drive, your files can still be recovered.

He said he tried installing a new OS to no avail,he said d HDD panel isn't rolling,I dnt knw wat dt means...he said it has a bad sector since d system can't boot up,it keeps saying,windows suffered a recent hardware change....now he is saying d harddisk is inaccessible..I am really confused...
Re: Computer Repair Needed!!! by koseepaaro(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
Na wa o! If the hard drive is having bad sector, that shouldn`t stop one from recovering saved files from it. But now that the technician said the drive is not accessible again, I`m a kind of speechless at this point. If you really need to retrieve those files you said you have on it that are very important, if you stay in lagos, I would advice you to tell the technician that you will come and change the hard drive after this festive season. Then, let me take a second look at the hard drive for you whether those files can still be retrieved.
Re: Computer Repair Needed!!! by ogtavia(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
U jst scared me shitless...I dnt live in Lagos,I live in Akure,d engineer has promised to help me in d best way he can...I am planning to buy a new drive but I need those files out...tnx for ur time bro..God bless you.
Re: Computer Repair Needed!!! by koseepaaro(m): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
Good luck to you. I thought you stay around Lagos.
Re: Computer Repair Needed!!! by Darey00(m): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
OP,if the technician says d HDD is inaccessible, it likely means that the system can no longer detect it.. to the best of my knowledge, the hard drive is good as gone, since any recovery work on it would require d drive to b detectable anyway
Re: Computer Repair Needed!!! by cctvwizard(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
OP, just tell ur engineer to remove d hardisk & put in external disk enclosure, it will be accessible thru USB in other system

(1) (Reply)

Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This / Get This Brand New Lenovo Laptop For A Discounted Price Now / How to update System Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.