Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. (853 Views)

Nigerian Girl Chills, Places Her Feet On Obama’s Desk | PHOTOS / Weight Mounts On Obama To Call Islamic State Assaults On Christians "Genocide" / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by cooldud62: 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2008
On Wednesday, the Republican congresswoman got a call from President-elect Barack Obama, didn't believe it was him, and hung up on him. Twice.

According to Ros-Lehtinen's flack Alex Cruz, the congresswoman received the call on her cell phone from a Chicago-based number and an aide informed her that Obama wanted to speak to her. When Obama introduced himself, Ros-Lehtinen cut him off and said, "I'm sorry but I think this is a joke from one of the South Florida radio stations known for these pranks." Then she hung up.

Moments later, Obama tried again, this time through his soon-to-be chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel.

"Ileana, I cannot believe you hung up on the President-Elect," Emanuel said. And then--yes, you know what's coming--she hung up on Emanuel saying she "didn't believe the call was legitimate."

A short time later, Ros-Lehtinen received an urgent call from Rep. Howard Berman (D-Calif.), the chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, who informed her that she indeed hung up on Obama.

So, Obama tried again and this time he was successful. (Phew!)

"It is very funny that you have twice hung up on me," Obama said. Ros Lehtinen responded by telling Obama that radio stations in South Florida always make these sorts of jokes. Obama said similar pranksters reside in Chi-town.

"You are either very gracious to reach out in such a bipartisan manner or had run out of folks to call if you are truly calling me and Saturday Night Live could use a good Obama impersonator like you," Ros-Lehtinen joked with the president-elect.

Ros-Lehtinen then congratulated Obama on his victory and pledged to work together on behalf of all Americans. She also asked Obama to call Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Rep. Albio Sire (D-NJ) to discuss Cuba policy.

Here's hoping they don't hang up on him.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081203/pl_politico/26780_1

if this were Nigeria, the woman will never get re-elected if she plans on coming back lol,
drop a call on Obasanjo?
you go hear weeeeeeeeen grin grin grin
Re: Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by OBVIOUS(m): 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2008
I don't see how this is cause for news!!
Re: Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by cooldud62: 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2008
isnt it funny?
if it were Nigeria, do you know what woulda happened to the woman?

common, free your mind obvious!
what i dont know is if it shoulda been in joke section undecided
Re: Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by Moyola(f): 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
hehe. . . .

Sarah Palin once received a prank call from a comedian posing as French President tongue
Re: Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by cooldud62: 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2008
yup, read that too,
i guess this woman must have been thinking towards that line too.
By the way, When obama gets to white house, i'm sure his caller id will be WHITE HOUSE lol,
then, no one will take him for a prank caller grin
Re: Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by SeanT21(f): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2008
I am with this woman.I myself would have hunged up the phone.
Re: Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by cooldud62: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2008
LOL, i guess she wasnt even expecting Obama will have her on his list in the first place.
Re: Ros-lehtinen Hangs Up On Obama. Twice. by arramyjay: 8:27am On Dec 06, 2008
I dont care if she did.

(1) (Reply)

Pakistan Let China See Crashed U.s 'stealth' Chopper / Gaddafi Turns Grand Dad / Iowa Caucus Results: Angry Newt Gingrich Bolts After Bad Finish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.