Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos (27555 Views)

Stepmother Tortures 10-Year-Old Girl With Fire (photo) / Woman Tortures Boy With Bites & Razor Blades in Lagos (Pic) / Aunt Tortures Toddler To Coma For Defecating (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by olu4life(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2014
Egbagirl:
To those saying it's the couples fault for talking bsck to the police officer: since when did talking back or being rude become crime? Even if it is a crime, isn't there a procedure to follow? Why were they not arrested?

Enough with this "it's a naija thing". Must we continue to live in fear of the people that have taken an oath to protect us. Have we suffered too long to even demand some respect and justice? Smh.

I honestly wish they could get a good lawyer to defend them so the officer gets thrown into prison.
God bless u so much. Some Nigerians are so daft. How will the country grow when they are not ready to take the bull by the horn. Stupid Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by passionate88: 7:53am On Dec 10, 2014
jennykadry:

Tell me...I would like to know
Amebo, I no go talk
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Thinkr(m): 7:59am On Dec 10, 2014
M4gunners:
Thunder fire that Policeman. How can he beat a Lady to that extends? They should drag him to Court. Hungry policeman.
"gender inequality" na only the woman dem beat to that 'extends'? Abeg talk everything jare sad
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by seangy4konji: 8:05am On Dec 10, 2014
This is bad.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by seunoni34(m): 8:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Egbagirl:
To those saying it's the couples fault for talking bsck to the police officer: since when did talking back or being rude become crime? Even if it is a crime, isn't there a procedure to follow? Why were they not arrested?

Enough with this "it's a naija thing". Must we continue to live in fear of the people that have taken an oath to protect us. Have we suffered too long to even demand some respect and justice? Smh.

I honestly wish they could get a good lawyer to defend them so the officer gets thrown into prison.

what are you saying ? Nigeria is a lawless country and you know this fact . They were even lucky , what if the police man had shot them? The thing we're saying here is that they're uncivilized and the fact that they have a gun will channel any slight provocation towards the trigger and you know what next . You might not even be alive to tell your story .
You don't have any right in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Henrypraise: 8:06am On Dec 10, 2014
icebeatz:

Woooooow.... your view is immensely appalling.
You remind me of a slave that didnt know he was a slave.
Police men are not meant to be feared..... even if she insulted the police men, all he should is caution her or arrest her. There is no need being violent.

Why would you beat an unarmed civilian who poses no threat because he/she refuses to massage your ego!!

Woooooow...

No one is askin u to fear or not to fear policemen, just be careful how u talk to dem, de av rights also n de av wives n children. U av ur mouth de av dia gun, if u tro caution to d wind, de too will tro caution to d wind.

N for ur info, de ar not slaves, de ar citizens, don't insult dem.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by seunoni34(m): 8:08am On Dec 10, 2014
sunnshyn:
We know how these policemen 'shine' their touch directly on people's faces and eyes. Imagine the pain. Ehn?

There's so much anger within the police community, if not I see no reason why an officer of the law will be dragging innocent citizens and be punching them in the eye while his colleagues look on..even the DPO had the guts to say they(couples) deserved what they got. Imagine! Adding insult to injury..our society is such a pathetic one really.

How long do we keep quiet while this unnecessary evil continue? How long?

We've kept quiet for too long...our country shouldn't continue to be a place where 'anything goes' anymore...

Kai! See their faces! For what now?

what do you want us to do? We don't even have guns ? If we speak up they will shoot us down and we'll be history
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Akshow: 8:12am On Dec 10, 2014
Horus:

The police officer is is your father
no grin he is ur great gran faadaa
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 10, 2014
Henrypraise:

No one is askin u to fear or not to fear policemen, just be careful how u talk to dem, de av rights also n de av wives n children. U av ur mouth de av dia gun, if u tro caution to d wind, de too will tro caution to d wind.

N for ur info, de ar not slaves, de ar citizens, don't insult dem.
They are not the slaves; you are the slave and they are the slave masters.
Na your type go dey cry if they mistakenly get arrested.
You are a coward and disgrace to real men.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Misogynist2014(m): 8:13am On Dec 10, 2014
M4gunners:
Thunder fire that Policeman. How can he beat a Lady to that extends? They should drag him to Court. Hungry policeman.
Is it the lady alone that was beaten? Smh. The reason he beat her is because he believes in equality, where there is neither male nor female, man nor woman. angry
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by lonelydora: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2014
eleko1:
Wetin consign Ngozi Braide for dis mata?Is she the commissioner of Police? The useless corrupt DPO and the drunkard police that inflicted dis on the couple should be dismissed but Nig being a lawlessness country where everything/anything goes,they'll sweep the matter under carpet
I mean seeing this as to arrest the police officer the way she has been arresting lawless officers.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by seunoni34(m): 8:14am On Dec 10, 2014
og2711:

Its cowards like you that made the policeman in this story to have the balls that he has. If you report him just like the couple have done, he would probably be jobless by now.

"Wars are not fought only by childless men"
You are the real coward here , didn't they report to the divisional police and were told by the DPO that they deserved what they got ?
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by resocorp: 8:15am On Dec 10, 2014
Some people dont know when to shut up! Improperly trained, frustrated police with rifle is flashing torch at you and you open your mouth to complain.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by geedot: 8:20am On Dec 10, 2014
Are U̶̲̥̅̊ sure say this police-man no get anything wey hin wan take left eye ðo?
Most of those policemen re illiterates Ãήϑ should be handled with care, cos ℓ can't imagine what would Havε happened if †ђξ husby had stood-up against him, na to get coffin be tha̶̲̥̅̊t °ºoo..
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by tivta(m): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2014
M4gunners:
You are a sexist, was it only the woman that was beaten? Later you will say what a man can do a woman can do it better. Absolute rubbish.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Henrypraise: 8:24am On Dec 10, 2014
ogmask:

i disagree with u. Some of this things must stop somewhere somehow. So many cases like this happen daily amd nobody talks about them. We should advocate citizen right and not put our tails between our legs as if we are cowards. No pain no gain. If pple like martin luther king jr ddnt die obama would best be an adviser to one white senator. You do not do the same thing all the time and expect a dffnt result. If things must change we must commend and file behind couragous pple like this couple.

I really don't understand ur stand of debate, howeva read were I said d nigerian police ar not very civilise, not been cautious makes u not civilise.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by boladez(m): 8:26am On Dec 10, 2014
This is so wrong and I hope the DPO and all the officers involved will get punished severely for this ..........very stiff punishment. how do you beat up a woman like that and beat up the guy in front of each other.The Dada guy is an animal and I know the police authorities will come out denying.

However the reality of Nigeria Police foot soldiers of today is ;

1. They are under paid and under motivated
2. Work under the harshest conditions
3. Are used and abused by their superior officers
4. Lack knowledge , instruction, guidance, morals and discipline
5. Morbidly frustrated, depressed and depend on drugs , cults and alcohol to get through their lives
6. .......carry assault weapons

I would not talk back or argue with such a person. The lesson for me is to respect yourself and don't get on the wrong side of those men at checking points. Its cheaper , more convenient and better to PLAY nice and report afterwards. You don't argue with a man behind a gun at 10 pm! There are no rights in the grave.

Men should learn to keep their wives under control to avoid complexities in their lives. During my last trip to UK a police officer stopped my cabbie for speeding and he shone the torch into our eyes........its not out of place to do so. They check the eyes for evidence of guilt and fear as part of their work.

Finally Policemen are not from outer space, they are our families and blood....... they reflect our values and ways as a people we cannot play ostrich by demanding them to act like American police.

Just my opinion not a point for arguement

3 Likes

Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by itohanmercy(f): 8:30am On Dec 10, 2014
sadThat policeman should serve as xmas goat to others who r useless n hungry like him
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by angelsing(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2014
Henrypraise:
In as much as d policeman acted babaric, u will discover from d story dat d woman was d cause of d problem, if a policeman is beaming his light @ u, he has his reasons, I knw she must av talked rudely to him now de ar blamin d police.

Since we knw our policemen ar not very civilise, we ought to learn how to manage dem, by talkin rudely to dem, u too ar not civilise.
What are u saying?..so because she sounded rude she shud be beaten and dragged on the floor?. Are u a police officer or any of ur family a policeman?..I hate to say this and am sorry to pass judgement on u without knowing u but I think u will like violence..beating up husband wife because they were rude, u think if not for the Gun we bought for them to use to protect the community he won't be beaten to stupor. Let's call a spade a spade nigeria police are not our friend!
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by eleko1: 8:31am On Dec 10, 2014
Ngozi Braide is no longer Lagos State Police PRO.Even if she's,they'll twist and and turned it to frustrate Persin.Trust Niagra Police @ Ur own risk
lonelydora:

I mean seeing this as to arrest the police officer the way she has been arresting lawless officers.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Henrypraise: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2014
icebeatz:

They are not the slaves; you are the slave and they are the slave masters.
Na your type go dey cry if they mistakenly get arrested.
You are a coward and disgrace to real men.

Bros I no in insult u o, y dis insult? Say u de run ur mouth, no mean say u no be coward. I 4 giv u a betta dose of ur drug, u lucky m goin home from work today n m very happy

Imagine say I be d police n u be d couple, tell me y I no go fire u n ur wife 4 dis ur talk? Common discussion u no fit discuss n u de talk of coward. Mumu
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by TheMadame(f): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2014
This is the height of tyranny and should be resisted by any sane being. So because the woman complained about the rays of the torchlight in her eyes,this animal in human skin has the right to brutalise and inflict such a level of violence on herself and her husband? What have we as a people become?
As for the DPO, she is an embarrassment to the uniform she wears and a perfect example of how women are their own worst enemies. This couple need a good and sound lawyer that can battle and get justice for them.
The man dies,that keeps silent in the presence of tyranny.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by ikeno(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2014
tivta:
You are a sexist, was it only the woman that was beaten? Later you will say what a man can do a woman can do it better. Absolute rubbish.
No matter how provocative the woman words must have been that doesn't quantify the beating.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Skmoda360(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2014
temitemi1:
This is one of their madness... I hate police ehen.
NOT ONLY YOU
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by M4gunners: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2014
tivta:
So in the Environment where you live,you didn't know beaten a woman is prohibited abi? Bush boy,i only metion woman because it's a man that beat him.If it were a policewoman that beat her, that is different.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Henrypraise: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2014
angelsing:
What are u saying?..so because she sounded rude she shud be beaten and dragged on the floor?. Are u a police officer or any of ur family a policeman?..I hate to say this and am sorry to pass judgement on u without knowing u but I think u will like violence..beating up husband wife because they were rude, u think if not for the Gun we bought for them to use to protect the community he won't be beaten to stupor. Let's call a spade a spade nigeria police are not our friend!

Even ur own dog dat u bought n fed will bite u if u mistreat it, talkless of hu u buy gun for.

U ar free to ur opinion about me. I don't av any police friend/ relative n if u view sum of my post, u will notice I av bin against bad practices in d police force especially on dia press release n statements.

If d police man were to be a soldier man, fear for make d woman open her mouth?
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 8:51am On Dec 10, 2014
I know wisdom is profitable and all but these policemen bite more than they can chew so often, the light was on, why point that very harsh torchlight in their faces if not to abuse your office?

The woman may have not been rude when she said whatever she said sef, even making a face at these beasts in uniform is enough to set them off, they just like oppressing people. How long will people keep avoiding them even when they are clearly in the wrong?

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by ogmask: 8:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Henrypraise:

I really don't understand ur stand of debate, howeva read were I said d nigerian police ar not very civilise, not been cautious makes u not civilise.

my dear to be coutious is not to be stupid. Rights are dffnt frm previleges. Thats my point my brother. I think we swallow to many crazy things and thats why our police and military see themself as demigods.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by Henrypraise: 8:53am On Dec 10, 2014
dicefrost:

The woman had every right to tell the officer to redirect the light! Being rude or sarcastic is not a criminal offence

Yea n see were it has landed she n her husband.

Sumtyms retreating/ caution is a tactical term dat gives u oppurtunity to live and fight anoda day from an advantage point.

Dis tym d couples ar lucky, nect tym, de may not be dat lucky.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by M4gunners: 8:56am On Dec 10, 2014
Thinkr:
"gender inequality" na only the woman dem beat to that 'extends'? Abeg talk everything jare sad
When 2 men are fighting, it's different from a man fighting a woman.
Re: Pictures: Policeman Tortures Man, Wife In Lagos by ogmask: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2014
The police and the military have gone far beyond the bar.
The only thing that can put them back in shape is the north africa style response.
Soon and very soon tgings will change. A lot of pple have been wounded physically and emotionally by police action, including myself. I know that some day soon something will trigger a revolution and things will change.

The ordinary man has too much to contend with in this man made (politicians & military dictators) hell hole shaped country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 3 FAAN Staff For N100m Fraud Using 8 Accounts / 39-Year-old Ghanaian Shot Dead In Toronto 3 Months After Moving To Canada / Mastermind Of Orekoya Kids Kidnapped By Nanny, Arrested 3 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.