Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't (1095 Views)

Your Favourite Hip-hop Artiste(s)/group Of All Time... / Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video / Everybody Loves Ice Prince Album Art + Track Listing [iceprince #eli] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
Everybody has at least one artiste everybody likes but you just don't like. Maybe it's their music you can't relate to or their perceived personality you find repulsive or for no reason at all.

Mine might be a little shocking considering she is popular than the Pope and the US president combined. Not to mention she is the most consistent and talented entertainer of her generation (both gender in case you are wondering). She has a stable personal life, amid the chaos and soap opera that is the entertainment world she is in. In short, there is nothing not to like.

I was watching an MTV awards show and she performed the snippets of all songs in her last album and there wasn't a single one not impressive but you won't find any on my music library except for the one she had Jay Z on. Step forward, Beyonce.

Closer runner up is Kenderick Lamar; regarded as Hip Hop savior, critically acclaimed, not your stereotyped blink dangling rapper, conscious lyricism, but too taken up in his wide adulation. Believes his own hype (no wrong there of course) and quick to rub it in the face of anyone who cares to listen. Then I find his delivery dodgy, forced and unnatural.

Notable mentions: Wizkid, Don Jazzy, Ice Prince and half of the Nigerian music industry.

Waiting for your reasonable comments and the less than thoughtful ones as well. For those coming with sticks, shove it up your a**** in advance.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Beesluv: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
DRAKE
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by wizard007(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lady Gaga
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
Beesluv:
DRAKE

Oh! Why now? I love Drake. Good one.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
wizard007:
Lady Gaga
Indifferent about her. Don't understand the hype tho.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by wizard007(m): 11:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
Graham123:

Indifferent about her. Don't understand the hype tho.

Indifferent is a mild word, that gurl is too weird to be that popular, acts like a junkie atimes, if na my model of human being full this world her musical career will be over before it starts, but those Caucasians love her to the bone marrow, why? i dont know
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 11, 2014
Emma nyra, I just don't like her..

op nawa for you o,hating Beyonce, fits person I'm hearing this from
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2014
Jregz:
Emma nyra, I just don't like her..

op nawa for you o,hating Beyonce, fits person I'm hearing this from
Lol. Hate is a strong word. I don't hate her but I don't like her. Importantly, her music just ain't for me.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by nickz(m): 12:17am On Dec 12, 2014
Beyonce
Miley cyprus
Justin beiber
Wizkid
Big sean
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 5:21am On Dec 12, 2014
nickz:
Beyonce
Miley cyprus
Justin beiber
Wizkid
Big sean

Good one there man. Big Sean can be forgiven cos he isn't half as popular as others in your list.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Indifferent(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2014
Op, you are not alone in this. Me 2 I don't like Beyonce and Nicki Minaj.
In Nigeria Iyanya, Wizkid, Wande coal can't rember the rest.
Funny thing is, I've tried to like and fan these guys cos poeple like them but just couldn't.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by MrTeymee(m): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Indifferent:
Op, you are not alone in this. Me 2 I don't like Beyonce and Nicki Minaj.
In Nigeria Iyanya, Wizkid, Wande coal can't rember the rest.
Funny thing is, I've tried to like and fan these guys cos poeple like them but just couldn't.
Good to know I'm not alone.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrTeymee:
In Nigeria;
1. Iyanya
2. Emma nyra
3. Seyi shay(dafuq z she singing?? Major dislike)
4. Davido(inconsistent, untalented buh rich)
5. Tiwa savage(seems to me like she sings with phonetics... Her voice be like optimum prime its fiction very unreal...then she tries too hard to form sexy. My definition of sexy is wen ure fully clothed and still make ma D stand...)
6. D'prince(dis guy don finish notin more to offer)
7. Ice prince(Rap z nuh good enuf to me weak lines)
8. Sean tizzle(untalented too buh has a good producer).
NB; there z a lotta them. These are the few I could rmbr atm

This got me laughing. I agree with your perspective to an extent. I do believe Davido is talented tho'.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by MrTeymee(m): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
Graham123:

This got me laughing. I agree with your perspective to an extent. I do believe Davido is talented tho'.

Baba davido nor get talent to me. His voice sounds like its getting cracked or smfn.....besides hez not consistent. He only drops tracks once in a while and most of dis tracks are laced wif controversy
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by D9ty7(m): 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
I think my list starts with Olamide, then Tiwa savage and who again? Maybe Illblis. That will be all.
Its not like I like the likes of sean tizzle, Emma nyra, Sheyi shay, Ice prince, but I still listen to their songs.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by lilmax(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
OLAMIDE
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by TrishaP(f): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sean tizzle: he could be a nice person buh I don't enjoy his music.

Justin bieber: Nahh.. not gud to me. He is popular because of the ladies grin

Usher: Used to be my fav buh his line of music has gone down the drain to me.

2chainz: Good producer buh his lyrics sucks tho

Nicki Minaj: hmm.. Great body, nice voice, good rhymes buh lyrics sucks tho.

Tiwa savage: Just try concentrate on ur marriage. E don too much jare

I don't dislike them or their personality, just their uneducating lyrics
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by OasisofRefuge(f): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nicki M
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by Graham123: 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nice entries guys. keep them coming. I must say however that I respect these artistes as they all found a way to make money out of their talents or lack thereof. Pulling that off deserves respect.
Re: Artiste/s Everybody Likes That You Don't by nickz(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
Graham123:

Good one there man. Big Sean can be forgiven cos he isn't half as popular as others in your list.
gringrin nigga always shouting about the streets

No one knows him theresadsad

(1) (Reply)

SICK ANIMATED VIDEO !!! Double Six Ft. Terry Tha Rapman - Oyibo Man / New Music: Vector – Kingkong (remix) Ft. Sarkodie / MUSIC/RADIO SECTION'S NOMINATION THREAD FOR N.A.I.R.A AWARDS 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.