Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab (23742 Views)

Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2014
tbaba1234:

Men should take responsibilty, true but in their basic biological make-up, there are very attracted by what they see.

Men are more likely to think filthy thoughts about a half -naked woman than one that is decently dressed.

It does not mean that they do not do it for both. Just one is more likely to get undesired attention.

It is said that a person is addressed the way that he/she is dressed.
Oh please! Women don't get r*ped in countries where women have to cover everything even their faces too? Every human being is attracted by what he/she sees, bottomline is control yourself, your body, thoughts and urge is subject to you.

I know a full clothed virgin who was r*ped by 3 men even from the annus, so don't tell me about getting undesired attention as that is not what causes r*pe or perverted lusting, yea, you may get starred at and all because it is not news that people wonder/judge whatever seems to deviate from what is considered norm.

How were your ancestors who roamed the streets almost nakid addressed in their days?

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by myhero4eva: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2014
Oh my gudness! Not only are they fashionably modest or decent, but they are naturally beautiful and attractive. I love this... Maybe i will be A Hero to one o
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 13, 2014
texanomaly:
Hijab with style.
classic.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2014
tbaba1234:

Well, this is debatable.

It takes a trully depraved person to rape. That person would probably do it, to anyone

When i said sexual harrasment, i did not mean rape

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by intergral(m): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2014
Lovine:
Immorality is a demon, it does not matter how good or bad a woman dress. Even in the countries where woman cover head to toe rapes are also being reported, why? Muslims marry many wives to avoid fornication, yet all these could not stop it. Christians claimed holiness, yet there are immorality and waywardness, demons of sex does not mind what you wear or put on, some demons even love more of those who cover their bodies completely others half clad. So the solution is when these demons are cast out of ones life, unclothedness does not mean anything to him to her because he's dead to them through Jesus Christ.
thank you, but let me ask you one simple question. Why is the statue of Holy mary shows that she was wearing something like hijab that covered her body. I am a Man and let me be honest with you, when a girl dress bad the first thing that goes to my mind is sex! But we a girl dress good and decent the first thing that goes to my mind is marriage........... Don't deceive yourself dress decent and see the type of men that will approach you.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ALISMILE(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2014
Men I luv them all! Jus take a look! The first lady there is Buhari's wife!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by WaleGent(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2014
Op may God Almighty bless you for this write up.
This is d best I have seen on nairaland. So inspirational and words are just on point.
God bless you once more and again and again.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2014
dicefrost:

While i agree that men should control themselves, you must also understand that a man is aroused by what he sees. If you keep flashing the candy in his face, he is gonna want some.
And I can't get aroused watching that sexy man washing his car with only a boxer short on? Or the man who goes about shirtless? Spare me the double standards please.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by lomprico(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2014
texanomaly:
Beauty does not equal more skin...
Boko haram no go still gree.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ALISMILE(m): 8:39am On Dec 13, 2014
stoketem:

you guys are brainwashed . there should be no Brazilian hair in the first place.
U er jus too ashamed to admit that u opined that there shud be no freedom of dressing.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 8:40am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
Oh please! Women don't get r*ped in countries where women have to cover everything even their faces too? Every human being is attracted by what he/she sees, bottomline is control yourself, your body, thoughts and urge is subject to you.

I know a full clothed virgin who was r*ped by 3 men even from the annus, so don't tell me about getting undesired attention as that is not what causes r*pe or perverted lusting, yea, you may get starred at and all because it is not news that people wonder/judge whatever seems to deviate from what is considered norm.

How were your ancestors who roamed the streets almost nakid addressed in their days?

You have moved to a completely different conversation.

I have said earlier, that rape is a sign of a depraved character who would do it to anyone. Such depravity is usually borne from the upbringing and the highly sexualised nature of society, where women are seen primarily as a function of their sexuality.

Our forefathers are not exposed to the same conditions that we are and we can not really assess their level of morality. Such comparison would not be a fair or accurate one. Stay off tv for three months and assess the difference in your thought process.

Does an indecently dressed woman have a higher tendency to be harassed? Absolutely. But it can happen to anyone.

3 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by owolawee: 8:43am On Dec 13, 2014
ALISMILE:
please I want to find out if d season five of game of thrones is out?
its not out yet....it wd be out nxt year.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by yuncka: 8:51am On Dec 13, 2014
holatin:
Do you Ve to exhibit your foolishness on every thread

grin Yes, I hav to. Especially when I want say a bitter truth. Do U hav a problem wit dat.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2014
tbaba1234:

You have moved to a completely different conversation.

I have said earlier, that rape is a sign of a depraved character who would do it to anyone. Such depravity is usually borne from the upbringing and the highly sexualised nature of society, where women are seen primarily as a function of their sexuality.

Our forefathers are not exposed to the same conditions that we are and we can not really assess their level of morality. Such comparison would not be a fair or accurate one. Stay off tv for three months and assess the difference in your thought process.

Does an indecently dressed woman have a higher tendency to be harassed? Absolutely. But it can happen to anyone.

If it can happen to anyone, why then are we talking about the supposed indecently dressed ones? Shouldn't we be talking about every woman then?

And you know that staying off TV will affect my thought process how?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ALISMILE(m): 8:53am On Dec 13, 2014
Christians shud stop deceiving themselves that dressing doesn't count! It actually does!
Here is a list of top 10 Countries With Highest Rape Crime, witout d presence of any muslim country!

10. Ethiopia
Ethiopia is estimated to have one of the highest
rates of violence against women in the world. A
report by the UN found that nearly 60% of
Ethiopian women were subjected to sexual
violence. Rape is a very serious problem in
Ethiopia. The country is infamous for the
practice of marriage by abduction, with the
prevalence of this practice in Ethiopia being one
of the highest in the world. In many parts of
Ethiopia, it is common for a man, working in co-
ordination with his friends, to kidnap a girl or
woman, sometimes using a horse to ease the
escape. The abductor will then hide his
intended bride and rape her until she becomes
pregnant. Girls as young as eleven years old are
reported to have been kidnapped for the
purpose of marriage. Also the Ethiopian military
has been accused of committing systematic
rapes against civilians.
9. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka’s security forces are still raping and
torturing suspects. There have been recent
allegations that rape and torture by the Sri
Lankan security forces have continued four
years after the civil war ended. The UN Multi-
country Study on Men and Violence found that
14.5% of the sample of Sri Lankan men had
perpetrated rape at some point in their lives.
4.9% had raped in the past year. 2.7% had
raped another man. 1.6% had took part in a
gang rape. 96.5% of the men who had raped
experienced no legal consequences. 65.8%
didn’t feel worried or guilty afterwards. 64.9%
of rapists had raped more than once, and 11.1%
had raped four or more girls or women.
8. Canada
It is an Amercing continent and the total
reported cases of rape in this country are
2,516,918. These are only six percent of the
total rape cases. It is reported that over one in
three women had experienced a sexual assault
and that only 6% of sexual assaults were
reported to the police. According to Justice
Institute of British Columbia, one out of every
17 women is raped, 62% of rape victims were
physically injured, 9% were beaten or
disfigured.
7. France
Rape was not a crime in France until 1980. Laws
reinforcing women’s rights and safety are
relatively recent in France. The law making rape
a crime dates back only to 1980. Earlier decrees
were based on 19th century moral codes. A law
on sexual-harassment was approved in 1992
and one on moral harassment was passed in
2002. The last bill to fight violence against
women was passed last year. Government
studies show there are 75,000 rapes a year in
the country. Only about 10 percent of the
victims filed complaints. France is at the 7th
position with the total reported crime of
Advertisement
6. Germany
An estimate of 240,000 women and girls has
died up till now in Germany because of this
crime. Germany is on the number six in the
highest rape crime with the figures of 6,507,394
in this year which is really a big figure. German
Catholics have allowed the morning-after pills
for the victims. The country moving forward in
technology is actually moving really backward
in humanity.
5. United Kingdom
Many people wish to live or even visit UK as it is
one of the most developed countries. But they
surely must not be aware that this country is
also involved badly in the crime of rape. In
January 2013, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ),
Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Home
Office released its first ever joint Official
Statistics bulletin on sexual violence, entitled
An Overview of Sexual Offending in England
and Wales. According to report: Approximately
85,000 women are raped on average in England
and Wales every year. Over 400,000 women are
sexually assaulted each year. One in 5 women
(aged 16 – 59) has experienced some form of
sexual violence since the age of 16.
4. India
India is the place where sexual assault is rapidly
increasing. Rape in India is one of India’s most
common crimes against women. According to
the National Crime Records Bureau 24,923 rape
cases were reported across India in 2012, but
experts agree that the number of unreported
cases of sexual assault brings the total much
higher. Out of these, 24,470 were committed by
parents/family, relatives, neighbors and other
known persons implying that , men known to
the victim committed 98 per cent of reported
rapes. The latest estimates suggest that a new
case of rape is reported every 22 minutes in
India.
3. Sweden
Sweden has the highest incidence of reported
rapes in Europe and one of the highest in the
world. One amongst every four women comes
out to be the victim of rape in Sweden. By 2010,
The Swedish police recorded the highest
number of offences – about 63 per 100,000
inhabitants. The country has third-highest rape
crime in the world. In 2009 there were 15,700
reported sexual offenses in Sweden, a rise of
8% compared to 2008, of which 5,940 were
rape and sexual harassment (including
exhibitionism) accounted for 7,590 reports. In
April 2009, it was reported that sex crimes had
increased by 58% over the previous ten years.
According to a 2009 European Union study,
Sweden has one of the highest rates of reported
rape in Europe. (source)
2. South Africa
The country has one of the highest rates of rape
in the world, with some 65,000 rapes and other
sexual assaults reported for the year 2012. The
incidence of rape has led to the country being
referred to as the “rape capital of the world”.
One in three of the 4,000 women questioned by
the Community of Information, Empowerment
and Transparency said they had been raped in
the past year. More than 25 per cent of South
African men questioned in a survey published
by the Medical Research Council (MRC)
admitted to rape; of those, nearly half said they
had raped more than one person. Three out of
four of those who had admitted rape indicated
that they had attacked for the first time during
their teens. South Africa has amongst the
highest incidences of child and baby rape in the
world. If the rapist is convicted, his prison time
would be around 2 years.
1. United States
The super power of the world is at the first
position in the race of rapes. Males are majorly
the rapist holding a proportion of 99%. Out of
all the victims, 91% are females while 9% are
males. The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics
states that 91% of rape victims are female and
9% are male, and nearly 99% of rapists are
male. According to the National Violence
Against Women Survey, 1 in 6 U.S. women and
1 in 33 U.S. men has experienced an attempted
or completed rape in their lifetime. More than a
quarter of college-age women report having
experienced a rape or rape attempt since age
14. Out of all, only 16% of the total cases are
reported. Outdoor rape is not common in USA
rather most of the rape cases takes place inside
homes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2014
How do you expect to see Muslim countries in the list when women actually get punished for being r*ped in those countries? Duh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
If it can happen to anyone, why then are we talking about the supposed indecently dressed ones? Shouldn't we be talking about every woman then?

The likelihood of getting sexually harassed is less for women that are decently dressed.

I am not just talking about rape.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by webincomeplus(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2014
hungryboy:
Absolute rubbish,
a girl doesn't have to cover her face like a masquarede to look modest,
Can someone help me tell this fo.ol the meaning of "face"? Which of the pictured ladies has her face covered?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by webincomeplus(m): 9:05am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
How do you expect to see Muslim countries in the list when women actually get punished for being r*ped in those countries? Duh!
Proof pls?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2014
tbaba1234:

The likelihood of getting sexually harassed is less for women that are decently dressed.

I am not just talking about rape.
How did you arrive at that conclusion? You said it could happen to anyone, what does 'anyone' mean?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 9:08am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:

It is simple, we are all a function of the things, we are influenced by. If I change things in my life, it will definitely affect the way, I think.

The op's visit to Zamfara affected his thought process.

Our forefathers did not have the same influences.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2014
webincomeplus:

Proof pls?
What do you mean proof pls? Do you know anything about these Muslim countries and their laws at all?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by holatin(m): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2014
yuncka:

grin Yes, I hav to. Especially when I want say a bitter truth. Do U hav a problem wit dat.
Bitter truth or foolish words. nonsensical dembelu of towerish level
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
How did you arrive at that conclusion? You said it could happen to anyone, what does 'anyone' mean?

Anyone means everyone.

It is more common to see a woman dressed indecently get cat-calls than a decently dressed woman, for instance.

It does not mean, it does not happen to both of them.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Stillfire: 9:19am On Dec 13, 2014
This would have been a plausible argument if muslim men don't marry more than one wife despite their women covering up.
At least a Southerner may argue his women are too provocative to him so he needs to marry more than one. What is a muslim man's excuse?
The thing is men are hypersexual animals, and you all are fighting a lost cause. Rotflmao.
When you can contain the animal in your groin, come back to me. Funny people. grin

It's just like King Solomon writing about the 'Virtuous Woman' and then having 700 wives and 300 concubines.
So in all of Israel, Solomon could not find that one virtuous woman to curtail the beast in his groin for? Rotflmao.

3 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Tee99(m): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Dikolas:
one of the best write up I have ever seen on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2014
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by yuncka: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2014
holatin:
Bitter truth or foolish words. nonsensical dembelu of towerish level

Eiyaaa, e dey pain U?

#teamCoverBoobsNotBombs
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2014
So, to you OP, its only a hijab that can cover a womans body? Instead of you to fight against indecent dressing, you are here imposing hijab on all our women?
Its well. Why not just call for boko haram to capture naija and give us the real sharia.
Next thing is after the hijab you will say the womans face is tempting you now and then impose full facial cover and then you will say the mere sight of the female being is tempting enough and call for all women to be locked up.
We can stand up against indecent dressing which by the way is commited by men too. And try to re educate our youth but to say the hijab should be imposed on our women? That is going too far.
What will we impose on sagging boys? Boys that wear flashy clothes? Nothing? Just a warning to change? Some strict rules to guide them? Why not impose the hijab on them too. Ooooo, they are not women ba? Only the woman can be forced to wear what you call an "oversize bedsheet". Will you like to be in one of those or is it because you are not the one wearing it so you dont care about how it feels to be inside one. Have you walked in the hot sun before? Can you live comfortably as a human being wearing those things?
Its well.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by aadoiza: 9:38am On Dec 13, 2014
I pray to Allah (SWT) to bless and reward whoever wrote this in multitude. I couldn't have written it as beautiful and concise as you have.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by godofwar666(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2014
Tberry01:
Nice write up, thank God am not the skimpy type
hello! Its been awhile I hope you're fine? Sorry I havnt introduce myself to you, I sent some msgs to u is like u can't access it but no problem. Take good care of yourself thanks. Yours sincerely godofwar(ur_follower)
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by honeric01(m): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2014
muafrika:
True, but doesn't cultural orientation of the mind play a bigger role. I mean my grandparent wore basically nothing till just the other day and their generation had a higher level of morality than ours.

There is something you don't understand about the mind, the mind gets interested in things that are partly revealed, the mind wants to know the full details of everything, hence the reason we get to lust after half naked women.

When everything is in the full, the interest reduces because there's nothing else to uncover..

In the old too, too much publicity was not given to sex and women, everyone was more concerned about survival unlike now..

Lastly, no idolizing of sexuality then, unlike now that sex is what sells almost everything on earth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Creative Braided Hairstyles For Little Girls / 27 Big Braids Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next "Do" / Good Cream For An Oily Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.