Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl (1288 Views)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Urgent! 3-year Old Boy Declared Missing In Lagos [photo] / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by klem93(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
Parents please be careful with the kind of people you bring around your children. It is your responsibility to protect them. I know with work and other engagements it is almost impossible not to have someone to help with the kids but make sure it's someone you can trust with the lives of your children. Last month, we all watched in horror as a Ugandan maid battered a 2 year old girl.

This week we heard about the maid who took two young boys from their home in Lagos after just a few weeks of working with the family. And I just heard about a maid in Abuja who strangled a 3 year old girl recently just because the girl's mum told her she couldn't travel to her village for Christmas.

The disappointed maid was said to have killed the little girl in anger because the girl's mother had insisted she had to stay in Abuja to look after the child. Please mothers, be more careful. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Being-Nigeria/404717316349673
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by DesChyko: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
Scanty info
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by mutter(f): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Years back we were being abused and I thought that was the most terrible thing that could happen to a child.

Now we are grown we didn`t learn from what happened in our time, our own kids are getting killed.

1 Like

Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by Kimoni: 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
How bad can things really get
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Devil on the prowl..
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by pickabeau1: 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Housemaids are human beings

I hear the kids have been found
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by cococandy(f): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
The season of evil housemaids
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by thorpido(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2014
How are the Ogas/madams treating the housemaids?
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 12, 2014
Why would you deny anyone the chance of seeing her own family during a holiday? Is she a slave?
You want to deny someone the right to a personal life because you pay them lousy 8000 without a job description haba.

Do Nigerians who hire maids know the definition of job description?
A maid is to help with cleaning and errands, a maid is not a cook, a maid is not a nanny, a maid is not a laundry man or woman, a maid is not gardener haba.

We employ people because circumstances doesn't permit us to do some of the work not because they are animals.

You get someone who lives with you 24/7, no.resuming or closing time, no job description, no personal life then you feel you have the guts to even deny them their only holiday once a year haba

Most of us work.
Our job description is clear
If we work overtime we get paid
We resume late yet we want to sneak out before 4pm
We get our weekends
We get our casual leave
We get to have personal lives
We get our holidays leaves observe all public holidays and even take days extra
We get our annual leave with full pay

Yet

We employ maids some underage under the guise of " helping ", if you want to help put them on scholarship and leave them to be kids with their families, you are not a saviour taking away their childhood so your own kida can have one

No clear job descriptions, maid turns to gardner, cook, gate woman, laundry woman, cook and nanny without harmonising payment for the different jobs
You deny your maid resuming and closing time
You deny them a personal life whose life ambition is it to run after you and your kids forever?
You deny them public holidays, even when you get a holiday from your job they must be there to serve you
Haba

I feel like getting these maids together to form a union, we are very abusive as a people. Let maids set terms and conditions of employment, Register a union,define work hours and have a register to trace members to prevent cases of theft kidnapping and fraud.

Being a maid is a job like any other job. They provide services we are unable to provide and should be treated as a respectable professsion and not this master crumb nonsense we have going on

4 Likes

Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by SUV(f): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2014
Pls don't generalise. I hv a maid dt resume by 6.00am and close 7pm and she works half day on Saturday and free day on sunday. I pay her, N20k per month wit feeding n other benefits.

Yet, I don't get full value frm her, she's lazy and only eat and sleep in my house, most work undone. Brings men into my house when am at work, watched blue film and behaves as she likes, untop was spoiling my kids.

I fired her!!! Some of them don't see it as work rather as doing u a big favour. I just employed Smone else now and not much different except dt this new one doesn't bring men. Same lazy ass. Mchwww!!!
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by ifyalways(f): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2014
SUV:
Pls don't generalise. I hv a maid dt resume by 6.00am and close 7pm and she works half day on Saturday and free day on sunday. I pay her, N20k per month wit feeding n other benefits.
Yet, I don't get full value frm her, she's lazy and only eat and sleep in my house, most work undone. Brings men into my house when am at work, watched blue film and behaves as she likes, untop was spoiling my kids.

I fired her!!! Some of them don't see it as work rather as doing u a big favour. I just employed Smone else now and not much different except dt this new one doesn't bring men. Same lazy ass. Mchwww!!!
Lazy how?

What's her job description and what's she not doing?

Am I the only one with an awesome help in this lagos? Make I share my own positive story sha.

My help is a part time student. She's absolutely the best and have been with us for 4 years plus now. My children sees her as their big sister and she's a small sister to me. I travel a lot and she holds the forte, no shaking or fear!!!

She's simply God's blessing to me and my household. Her salary is fair and well earned. She'll be getting married soon and I'm happy and sad. Lol

I love herrrrrrrrr like kilode.
Re: Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl by Kimoni: 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
My family has always been blessed with awesome helps too, the few bad ones who could have been terrible left on their own. Infact, one abandoned my baby at home and left the house, thank God for the security guy who called me from the office. My prayer though has always been for God to make the bad ones very uncomfortable in my house and they should just leave somehow so I didn't take it too badly. I therefore understand there can be natural bad ones and it's by the grace of God you get good ones.

But after that, I've had awesome ones. I travel a lot but I am always at peace though I took one step further to install a CCTV so I get to watch them anywhere I am in the globe. While my colleagues are busy getting disturbed and monitoring their maids and kids in the office, it's almost like I don't have kids at home cuz I never get agitated about home affairs while at work.

There was one I had that came back after the Xmas break but had to leave urgently during the course of the year and I left searching. Cuz it was mid year, I couldn't get easily and was becoming desperate only for the lady that left to send her immediate younger sister to me. OMG, I was so happy and just kept blessing her wherever she was. I thought the elder sister that left was the best ever but the younger sister proved me wrong. She is just awesome!

God bless them for taking care of my family. But one thing I know is, it has to be a symbiotic relationship for it to work. They have to be kept happy and have a sense of belonging in the house and NEVER take underage girls.

(1) (Reply)

What`s The Best For A Man With N6.0m? / Step Mothers In Nigeria / 24 Things A Mother Should Teach Her Daughter Before Marriage!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.