Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories (4336 Views)

FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" / Lastest Info For New Admitted Student Unibadan Distance Learning Centre (ui Dlc) / Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by bookwoman(f): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2006
Hi,
I graduated in 1988 from FGGC Benin.
I am working on a collection of Boarding School short stories, and I am trying to recall a couple of things from FGGC Benin and would appreciate any help:

Names of house dorms.
The housedress colours
The dinning hall meal prayer in the evening.

Some of the posts here have been empowering for me, in terms of sharing and understanding collective experience, particularly the painful ones.

Many thanks,
bookwoman
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by Hotstepper(f): 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2006
I can help you with some information since I have sum friends that went there, FGGC BENIN gurl, come out and support
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by ayomorocco(f): 1:38am On Jan 10, 2007
Hiya,

My name is Ayodele (fediben class of 1990). What is your name? maybe you are someone I know.

The house names with colours were: Tinubu (purple), Eweka (red), Emotan (brown/pink), Jaja (Blue, Amina (yellow) and Moremi (green).

The meal prayers were:
(a) For the food we are about to eat, thank you oh lord; and
(b) Some have food, but cannot eat; some can eat, but have no food; we have food and we can eat; glory be to thee oh lord; Amen.

Hope that this is of some help to you. I know your post was made several months ago.

There are a few people I will like to get in touch with (1) Yvonne Nwokolo (Class of 1988 - your set); (2) Obosa Uwaifo (Class of 1986); (3) Stella-Maris Ighodalo (Class of 1986).

If you know them could you please send me a message on nairaland and I'll get in touch with you. This applies to anyone out there who might know them.

All the best with your short stories.
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by ladykay(f): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2007
Hi Bookwoman, my name is Kofoworola Belo-Osagie. I finished from FGGC B/C in 1996 (after urself and Ayo must av long forgotten about secondary school). I had a swell time during my stay.
I like the idea of the Short stories you are compiling. I actually tried to open a website for our dear school (i even got to the point of getting it designed) but many of the old girls i met then were not so enthusiastic so i lost interest - particularly when i thot of the sheer volume of data i had to gather. I'm sure i would have fared better if i had people who were enthusiasit to work with.

Almost all that Ayo said is correct except that Tinubu house is now known as Macaulay house. It was called New Dorm One when i entered Fediben in 1991. Then it housed JS3 girls. By the time i moved to the dorm in my JS3, it had been renamed Macaulay House. All the other houses still exist and even more. One dorm has been added to old site. It is called Omigie house, and guess what? Old site has been fenced round. Also the houses do not exist in the 'format' we once knew. now its the junior girls who are in old site instead of seniors. I knw this becos i still used to visit the school long after i had finished. But now, i dnt thnk i'm so current. maybe many more things have changed.

Now concerning ur book project. I would love to contribute fond memories to it. I'm including one for ur consideration. But if you need more, ive got lots of them and i would be glad to write about the fun and pains of federal benin. Pls check out one of my fond memories below:

One evening, myself and Fifen Ayonmike were going to Macaulay house (former Idia/Tinubu House and New Dorm 1 when we were in SS3) where we were prefects. As we crossed to the footpath that led to our dormitory, two shining eyes approached us in the dark.
We recognised them to belong to the stray dog federal benin girls nicknamed 'Bingo Alutu' because we had erroneously thought it belonged to Mrs Alutu (a teacher) before he was renamed 'Uncle Ray(bies)'.
Out of fear we made a detour towards Eweka house without losing sight of the dog which kept coming. With my eyes firmly on the dog, i held Fifen's hand and adviced her in low tones "Fifen don't run." She replied, "Kofo leave my hand." I refused because i thot she would bail if i did, but i kept repeating myself and she kept giving me the same response.
When it was obvious i couldn't keep her against her will, i dropped her hand but immediately bolted without looking back until i got to Eweka House - followed closely by a panting Fifen who managed to say: "Well done. You said i should not run but u were the first to run." I was only trying to save my skin. But it seemed the dog did not even notice us, i guess it was thinking of its dinner.

Painful memories? i could tell of when a senior (names withheld) punished myself and a friend in Jaja house till past 12 midnight becos our senior friend punished her own junior friend.

Funny memories? i could tell of the famous massacre that happened in my JS2. I can also remember the time that kitchen women had to cook for my set alone becos we went to complain to princi that our food was small, and the time Princi drove us out of school in SS3. There's so much to tell. Just ask me to tell it.
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by BabyCakes(f): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2007
Hi
this msg is for Ayodele, unfortunately I dont know any of the people you listed, but I was in FGGC benin as well, I was in the class of 92, and I was in Eweka hse. In my JSS 1, i was Yewande igbokoyi's bunkmate! Whatever happened to her? Are you in touch with any of the girls from our school?? If you send me your email address, i'll send u some photos and my details, I dont want folks here to access my personal stuff.
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by ayomorocco(f): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2007
Babycakes,

Sorry I am just replying. I did not know that you had written and I forgot about this thread.
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by fedibengal: 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2007
ladykay could you email me please. i want to ask u for more info.
thanks
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by trendy(f): 11:02am On Oct 05, 2007
my sister just finished last year, i would get info from her and paste her
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2007
, May God bless and preserve our dear school, Federal College Benin. I finished from '98 and thanks to u book worm for bringing back all the good,bad, annoying and ugly experiences of fediben. Has anyone heard from uncle Aurthur again? I will never 4get the day when js 3 girls raided adesuwa house. Mrs Omigie was the principal then and she put all the ss3 girls in adesuwa house and i in js 3 were in daffodil house. All of a sudden an announcement- daffodil girls our neighbours have gone to write their english exams. Oh my good we invaded their privacy we were really naughty then. Our joys and conquests were short-lived when they came back and found their stuff upside down. Its was squatting till the wee hours of the morning. I still laugh about it even now. I think it was 93/94 set. Well i will be willing to help you out. @ Snr kofo we also had Annex/5G complex In the days of her glory i never liked the Almighty Eweka house, blue checker come here. It was terrible.
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by ladykay(f): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2007
fedibengal:

ladykay could you email me please. i want to ask u for more info.
thanks

Hello fedibengal, pls send me your email address, and, if u don't mind, what info do u want me to include in the mail? mine is kofosagie@yahoo.com
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by fedibengal: 12:08am On Oct 08, 2007
hi

for anyone intersted i have created a fediben alumni site

http://www.freewebs.com/fggcbenincity

Enjoy
Re: FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories by bennnie(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2007
ladylak ,how u dey? i,m benjamin olude ur cousemate at federal polytechnic auchi. i
read you a lot on the nations newspaper. keep up the good work and keep the flag flying.my regards to razak oboirien and stella bamawo.miss you all.

(1) (Reply)

Easiest Universities To Get A 1st Class / NANS Suspends Planned Protest In Abuja / ASUU Strike: ASUU Concludes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.