Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Body Odor 101 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Body Odor 101 (999 Views)

Here Are Some Facts You Should Know About Body Odor,deodorants & Antiperspirants / Natural Remedies For Body Odor / Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Body Odor 101 by osile2012: 12:55am On Dec 12, 2014
[size=15pt]

I have noticed there are alot of threads about body odor on Nairaland, This suggests that alot of Nairaland member suffer from body odor grin grin

Most times when Nairaland members are victims of some condition, they set up threads like "help I love him but his mouth smells bad " meanwhile they are actually the ones with the mouth odor. Some will say "help my gf wets the bed, what can i do? meanwhile they are the ones that wet the bed and need solutions.

I have heard the cry of all those nairaland members hiding behind body odor threads trying to know if they will get a solution to their problem while pretending they need it for someone else.

What is Body Odor?

Well u know as u dey smell, thats why u keep opening those threads grin grin grin

In the old days, strong male body odor was a huge attraction to women, but today its tom ford . grin grin

What causes Body odor?

--> Bacteria on the skin:- The sweat that comes out of the armpit or other parts of the body with concentration of sweat glands dont actually smell. It is when the bacteria that resides in the area feed of the sweat that they release the odor.

SOLUTION

-Shower regularly with anti bacteria soaps
-Always keep your armpit shaved, as the hairs make the bacteria comfortable to reproduce
- Ensure your towel is always clean and dry, bacteria reside on those towels and grow, after taking your bath, u reapply the bacteria back from the towel .
-Stop scrubbing your armpit hard with spunch. I know some of you believe the harder you scrub the armpit the cleaner it becomes. Well the more you scrub hard, the more you wound yourself and provide bacteria with enough dead skin to feed on. Scrub your armpit gently if possible with towel. The armpit is very sensitive and most time we wound ourselves scrubbing, after-which we apply deodorant to the wounded skin. causing alot of dead skin and free food for bacteria.

-Shave at Night. Most times when we shave we wound ourselves and if we apply deodorants to the wounded skin it complicates the situation. If you shave at Night, your skin has enough time to heal by morning.

--> Choice of Deodorant/Antiperspirant:- Deodorants kill bacteria and makes the armpit smell fresh, it also tries to ensure the environment is not bacteria friendly.
Antiperspirants on the other hand stops the body from sweating, while providing a refreshing smell. The problem is that sweating is natural and essential for the body to cool the temparature, reduce sugar and eliminate toxins. Antiperspirants disturb this process, causing the pores in the armpit to become clogged . This provides a welcomed environment for bacteria. It can also cause other health conditions. People who sweat alot in the armpit in most cases suffer from what is called hyperhidrosis . Sometimes a cream called Drysol is used to treat this.

SOLUTION

- Use deodorants instead of antiperspirants.
-Apply lime or lemon to your armpit for 30mins to 1 hour before you shower. The acidity in lime kills bacteria and protects the environment. Some people actually use only lime on their armpits after they shower and smell fresh all day. You can try using lime.

-Try using natural deodorants made off only natural ingredients .A good brand of Natural deodorants is ARM & Hammer.
-Wipe your armpit with Medicated spirit or alcohol after a shower before your a deodorant to your armpit, as this really kills bacteria, removes the oil in the armpit which bacterial love, unclog the armpit and keeps it free from bacteria.

--> Digestive Issues:- When you have tried all the above and nothing works, then your odor is caused by an internal health condition. This conditions always relates digestion, absorption and metabolism issues. When there are problem with your metabolism, your body start to lack some essential minerals.The food you eat is not properly digested and undigested food is stored in the gut. They ferment and encourage the growth of bad bacteria. When this happens the body becomes so toxic and these toxins are eliminated through the sweat glands, causing very strong odor. Is some cases, spicy foods like garlic, curry and alcohol trigger body other too.

SOLUTION
See your doctor to examine your digestive tracks, detoxify your system, change your diet, introduce good bacteria and digestive supplements .

So all those posting threads on body odor claiming its someone else that needs help, i hope this is helpful grin grin grin

[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Speaks Out: Real Reasons Why Obasanjo Is After Me / Am New Here / Here Are The Picture Of Those Underage Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.