Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34299 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by jameeel: 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
Feminism is a collection of movements and
ideologies which share a common stated aim: to
define, establish, and defend equal political,
economic, cultural, and social rights for women.
ISLAM DOES NOT APPROVE ITM. Shines

1 Like 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

The same Bible said we should not build balconies, wear clothes with mixed material (90% cotton, 10% wool), practice mixed cropping etc.

We should learn to understand the context per scripture

Acquilla taught Apollos the scriptures; she also taught with her husband in the synagogue

Besides, that particular scripture the OP referenced did not back up whatever he was proposing.

Ok then, whatever makes you sleep @ night cheesy

Please please stop quoting the bible out of context! The marriage arrangement is carefully spelt out in the bible, the man is the head of the family. It is not a democracy. If you don't like it, then don't marry, or better still find a man who shares your 'belief'

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
As far as am concerned, if feminism were to be about 50:50, how sweet it would be, but it seems to me that it wants to remove headship title given to maliness by the most High, that I vehemently reject. Apart from that, women are too poor to stand side by side with manliness. To me, no insult as great as feminism. I cur*e all feminists in the name of the LORD.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
holatin:

May God bless your descendant for this post.
Baddest analysis
so you are of the opinion that there's hierarchy in God's kingdom, and yet you ask the same God to bless a fellow in the same school of thought?. Ok.

@topic, I know one or two people who'll have one or two things to say.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Explain this "equal but different idea". What does it mean to say that two things are both equal and different at the same time?
I don't know what you are talking about but you do know what "roles" mean, right?

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014:
As far as am concerned, if feminism were to be about 50:50, how sweet it would be, but it seems to me that it wants to remove headship title given to maliness by the most High, that I vehemently reject. Apart from that, women are too poor to stand side by side with manliness. To me, no insult as great as feminism. I cur*e all feminists in the name of the LORD.
Chai! gringringrin
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by guardian09(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ilekeh:
No, what threatens marriage is sexism. Men aren't used to strong women in a marriage role yet. They're still adjusting and processing it. Humans are slow to process change.

Give or take 50 years, feminism won't be seen as a threat.

Gen 2: 15 "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. "
Gen 2: 18 "The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
Eph 5: 22 "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord."
Eph 5: 23 "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Saviour."
Eph 5: 24 "Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Dont get me wrong am not saying a man should maltreat his wife or treat her like a slave or anything after all the same also said

Eph 5: 25 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. "
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:
Hmm. I don't see how feminism is evil or devilish. It's just an avenue which women are using to fight and promote gender equality which has been denied for them. An avenue to structure peoples mind that it's nobody's world and your deed/success would determine your rank/worth regardless of your gender.

It's evil in the eye of misogynists who can't imagine seeing a successful or industrious woman. They view all of them as a sex object, submissive thing etc

By the way, the whole tag/naming ish is annoying to me. I believe a woman should be whatever she wishes, without being tagged as a feminist or think about what a man/someone else would say.

Just be you.

Gender equality will never be possible

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by joseph1832(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
I really don't need to read this post to express my views on this issue of feminism! Any woman advocating for equal rights for females should take the first step in showing that she indeed deserves it by proving.

Let's face the abject fact: Male and Female where never created equal. So the movement by some females advocating for equal rights is so far fetched!.

Of course feminism advocacy is killing marriages here in Africa! Any woman who really intends to keep her marriage should know that her husband stands superior to her. Plain and simple.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014, I don't see why you should be wary of feminist.

There are many uneducated women who are not feminist. You can marry from there.

Any man that loves a feminist will marry her and any man that loathe them should find wife elsewhere.

Hian! I don't see a reason why we are restless about something that we can do nothing about

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by 5minsmadness: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
yungcyrus:

me for anything biliv in equality, the way sum men are treatin their wives all in d name of marriage n religion is demeaning...

Small time una go say eating CARROT is a sin...
So go to the source of the problem. Teach the men to be real men; responsible, loving, supportive, custodians and protectors of their families.

Making a woman change her nature from kind and caring to selfish, self-centred(this especially) and un-nurturing all in the name of feminism is not the answer.

I am yet to see a happily married feminist.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
I don't know what you are talking about but you do know what "roles" mean, right?
Ok. Let's look at it like that then. Equal things that have different functions. Besides man and woman, can you give any other examples of things that are equal but have different functions?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:

aren't roles similar to sexism and gender stereotyping?

since roles are what you're supposed to do; your duties as a man or a woman.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by adebisicutie: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

Any man that loves a feminist will marry her and any man that loathe them should find wife elsewhere.

Hian! I don't see a reason why we are restless about something that we can do nothing about

Thank you, there are many none feminist in Nigeria so I really don't get the point of all these rantings about feminists everyday

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
dicefrost:

Gender equality will never be possible
Let my gender not deceive you. I'm much a male. I will see my future wife as equal to me.

Gender equality depends on the heart of any man not a general thingy for all men.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by guardian09(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

So go to the source of the problem. Teach the men to be real men; responsible, loving, supportive, custodians and protectors of their families.

Making a woman change her nature from kind and caring to selfish, self-centred(this especially) and un-nurturing all in the name of feminism is not the answer.

Spot on...

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

I've always thought you are a guy. Nice pic though. wink
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

To the best of my understanding, marriage demeans women according to feminists! Why would they be a part of an instituition that they claim add more chains to their already shackled selves ? undecided

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by yungcyrus(m): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

yeah bro, i catch ur Jet.,.....BUT WHO WILL BELL THE CAT
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by seunoni34(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Feminists - Group of frustrated bitter hearted women who wish they were men

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ETHIX(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
If you are not married it's easy to write and quote any lines. Marriage crashing and it's challenges is sometime spiritual than absence of love. The devil hates family and the best way to destroy any society is to start from the family.

There are some facts and truths that can help

1. Never sleep without resolving the issues or quarrel you have with your partner. If you do, the devil will come and strengthen it before morning. He smiles when there is divorce.

2. Couples must pray together at least once a day. The Bible said woe unto the families that do not pray together because they have eaten up Jacob.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by kandiikane(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
If only the women will refrain from commenting and just enjoy the show with popcorn and coke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
adebisicutie:

Thank you, there are many none feminist in Nigeria so I really don't get the point of all these rantings about feminists everyday
Babe, no be me open thread o. Of what business of mine is feminism when I have 5 wives. grin I can easily buy a wife. cool
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I've always thought you are a guy. Nice pic though. wink
I am a guy not female.

Just playing around.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
seunoni34:
cheesy
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

I am a guy not female.

Just playing around.
That lady tongue
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
BABE3:

aren't roles similar to sexism and gender stereotyping?

since roles are what you're supposed to do; your duties as a man or a woman.
Similar you said.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ilekeh:
No, what threatens marriage is sexism. Men aren't used to strong women in a marriage role yet. They're still adjusting and processing it. Humans are slow to process change.

Give or take 50 years, feminism won't be seen as a threat.
Women are so weak that they need 'strong' to prefix that weak word called 'woman'

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
naijababe:

To the best of my understanding, marriage demeans women according to feminists! Why would they be a part of an instituition that they claim add more chains to their already shackled selves ? undecided

Most of the married ones are not feminists. They are only feminists in theory. But in practice? Nah. They are feminists when it's convenient. grin

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Dragonking: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
seunoni34:

Exactly.. just observe u will notice that most females here supporting feminism are mostly lesbians who are the males in their relationship.. the OP might be right..

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
I will cut my precious dïck the very day women achieve equality. grin

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Similar you said.

and, what are the roles of a man and a woman? Who made the roles? What are they based on? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Drop Your Date Of Birth, You Might Find A Match / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.