Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Month Of Ramadan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Month Of Ramadan (2099 Views)

China Government Bans Muslims From Fasting In The Month Of Ramadan / Few Common Mistakes During The Month Of Ramadan / Holy Month Of Ramadan - Quotes; Tips; Advise; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Month Of Ramadan by azeez06(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2006
Muslims when is the month of  Ramadan?
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Orlaitan: 10:42am On Aug 12, 2006
Towards d end of sept/oct.,since we ar in RAJAB now,SHABAN comes afta,then comes RAMADAN,so u can depict wut month it falls.Massallm.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by htukura: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2006
please does any one have special prayers to perform during this month and is willing to share? pls i will like to have some.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 24, 2006
htukura:

please does any one have special prayers to perform during this month and is willing to share? please i will like to have some.

O Allah, protect the world from the the vagabonds and murderers who call themselves your slaves!
Re: Month Of Ramadan by ZuluNation(m): 2:51am On Aug 24, 2006
azeez06:

Muslims when is the month of Ramadan?

What happens in Ramadan, is it when the start killing the infidels? I need to know so I could tell my family in the North to go back home.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by firdaus4us: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2006
Assalam alaykum ala moni taba'al huda,
In Sha Allah, the month of Ramadan will comences on Sunday, 24th September, 2006, according to Saudi Arabia but basically it can start on saturday, 23rd depending on the sighting of the crescent.

Shahaban will start tomorrow, Friday, 30th of August, hence you can fast for the first 15days to act in accordance with the sunnah of the prophet Muhammad (SAW), though not compulsory.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2006
ZuluNation:

What happens in Ramadan, is it when the start killing the infidels? I need to know so I could tell my family in the North to go back home.

LOL.I laughed uncontrollaby on reading this.

No Zulu,they are fasting at this time,so there is no energy to kill  hopefully.
I remember when I used to go on holidays to Jos,we would have Muslim neighbors give us fried and roasted ram meat after the ramadan.
But tell your relatives to be extra vigilante as always,you just never know when the next cartoons will make it to the papers.

No other Southerner should be caught unawares.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by ZuluNation(m): 10:54pm On Sep 01, 2006
babyosisi:

No Zulu,they are fasting at this time,so there is no energy to kill hopefully.
I remember when I used to go on holidays to Jos,we would have Muslim neighbors give us fried and roasted ram meat after the ramadan.
But tell your relatives to be extra vigilante as always,you just never know when the next cartoons will make it to the papers.

Thank you my sister, "like you said" you can never be too carefull with those people. My Dad would always say they think with there feet if one of them starts moving the rest just follows like ATULU awusa.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2006
ZuluNation:

Thank you my sister, "like you said" you can never be too carefull with those people. My Dad would always say they think with there feet if one of them starts moving the rest just follows like ATULU awusa.

You cant really blame them if all they've got are cows and goats for company!
Re: Month Of Ramadan by firdaus4us: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2006
Assalam alaykum ala moni ta'al huda. Wa lan tardo anka li yuhudi walan nasaro ataa tatabi'a miilatahum. Kul innal hudallahi huwal huwa.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2006
@ babyosisi; I thought you are aDoctor, having studied and in practice in the USA, you have better control of your emotion. I am shocked that you are in cohort with the likes of people who because they are Ibo, not even alive when the civil war took place, yet they are still aspiring for Biafran Nation. Yet it is clear that Ibo women are marrying the northerners in droves. Gowon during the war married Victoria. Babangida's wife is an Ibo woman, though bendel Ibo, she is Ibo nonetheless. A flood of Ibo makes their livelihood in the communities of the Northerners which you hate so terribly. You spent at least your holidays/vacations in jos, a seudo Northern City and you never forgot the experience.

By the way, I am a Yoruba man and I would have defended the Igbos if it was Northerners of Westerners that will paint the people with a terrible brush, the northerners are more than what you and the others think of them. You have a people who can take care of themselves and your generalization is very tacky and uncalled for. Your problem is their Islamic religion. By the way Gowon is a christian, so was Joe garba, Theo Danjuma to name a few from the Northerners, who are national figures, yet not Muslims.

I wonder what you will do if you were to have a northern Muslim as your patient and the condition of the patient is very critical. As I remembered there was still Hypocrtical oath that the Doctors have to take. Maybe Dr. Ekpo Eyo's statement that the Days of Humanitatian Doctors are gone still applies. Unfortunately, you allow it to show its ugly face in your thought. I think you need to apologize to the Northerners as a people.

If we want nigeria to remain as One, the young will have to be different from their Old folks. We have to erase the barriers between the tribes. For example, if you can live with the people who are from different colors, cultures, lands and the likes, how is it impossible that you could not be able to live with people from the country of your forefathers. How will you trat the Christians from the north. Not like christians. What wil you say about the Yoruba Muslims or an Igbo muslims; this this about Islam. I have news for you Islam is here to stay, no one can obliterate it because God will protect it.

If only the Muslims of the world can practice Islam the way it should be practised, then you will not have to be coy in your deridation of any group of people who practise this religion. Every people on earth have good and bad amongst its group. Here in america, some of the worst people on earth are from the white race. You also find bad people amongst the blacks as well as the recent immegrants, blacks and whites and in between.

I pray that you and others will turn back and know that people are people all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Month Of Ramadan by ayinla2005: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2006
Am so surprised that Babyosisi can descend so low,you call yourself a doctor and hate your country men so much cos of their religion,tell me as a doctor/ missioner is what you are doing part of ethic of your profession,or is that what your bible asked you to do.we can now see through you how a typical christian/missioner/doctor behave.its easier to find other people`s fault.what example are you?i will advice you to do " self appraisal " before you star quoting and use your dirty mouth on your country men-the northerner.for your information,i am a yoruba muslim/banker and have both hausa and ibo ,christian/muslim as friend and they earn my respect not fools like you.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 05, 2006
olabowale and ayinla2005 I hope you guys did not drink ogogoro before reading my post.
Please read it again and tell me if you were still referring to me then I'll give you a proper response.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 05, 2006
babyosisi:

No Zulu,they are fasting at this time,so there is no energy to kill hopefully.

Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 4:53am On Sep 05, 2006
@babyosisi; I do not drink. I was not surprised at the others, but you it was very shocking. I read your entry, again and I came to the same conclusion. I am not a person without my bad side, but I must say that it was impossible for me to swallow you entry about the NORTHERNERS.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by ayinla2005: 8:12am On Sep 05, 2006
i did not drink ogogoro,infact am not used to that,your entry still surprised me.finish.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2006
@Babyosisi; I checked your profile and if I had seen any private means of contacting you I would have done it before my public entry on your agreeing with those people who had something to say about Ramadan,. It is your fried/roast lamb and the cartoon issue warning all southerners that I can not accept. The others, I did not care too much about their entry, but you, maybe I expected different. If I am wrong about you, then accept my apology.

By the way, they sell Ogogoro in the Northeast of the USA. Thats poor man's wine. All alcoholic are bad.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2006
ayinla 2005 and olabowale.
The Northerners need to apologise to me and thousands of Southerners for the slaughter of our loved ones.Islam owes us retribution for inciting these attacks.
My statement though in humor,is so true,you don't know how many relatives I've lost in the religious riots started by Northern Muslims,you don't know how many that had lost everything they ever owned just because they were living in a city with a large Muslim population.
The singular reason they died is because they were Christians.
You will never understand this until you've experienced something similar but I don't wish untimely on anyone.

If you guys must promote your religion which you are entitled to, you must teach and practice tolerance to eveyone around you. and accord others the same freedom to worship whom and how they choose.
We are past the times of the crusades and Mohammeds attacks on innocent citizens,there are human rights laws today and Islam must be forced to abide by it whether they like it or not.

Individuals must have the freedom to convert to Christianity from Islam just like they could convert from Christianity to Islam or buddhism if they choose.IT is a free world but Islam denies man that ability.
Until you can generally accept the fact that there are other people in this world and that Islam has no right to tell its adherents that they are bound to die Muslim or die otherwise,you are fighting a losing battle in the PR department.Why do you think Islamic human rights advocates only speak up when they are out of Islamic shores?,we all know the answer.
So much for the 'peaceful' religion

Having said that,have a happy Ramadan and let people who choose to celebrate Easter and Palm Sunday in Zamfara state  and  anyone who chooses to join them do so without fear of death.
If you think the southern Christians who have been killed in Northern Nigeria are less human because you and your religion have labelled them infidels and the innocent Lebanese women and Children killed in the war by Israelis are more valuable then I doubt if I need to be carrying on a conversation with you.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2006
@Babyosisi; I understand. I am sorry that you and others have lost family members in religious clashes in your country. First I am a Nigerian Muslim, a Human being who understand the pain of losing a loved one.

In my understanding of Islam, the things muslims do, can sometimes be against the teneants of Islam itself. The best of the Muslim was the prophet (AS) himsef. You need to read the story of his life and pay attention to how merciful he was towards his enemied, Idol worshippers, Jews and Christians. There were so many stories about his goodliness and then you will understand that the bad behavious of the muslims through the ages and up to now that you are talking about your country folks, those bad behavious are really unislamic.

If the messenger were to have been alive, he would have disapproved of the bad behavious. A muslim is to be kind to his/her neighbors. A muslim is a person whose neighbors should feel safe around him/her.

I pray that God the Almighty relief you and all those who lost loved ones in these unnecessary clashes. Its a shame that the large numbers of Muslims are behaving badly. However, you must understand that islam is pure and different from its adherents. You judge the Muslims by the books of Islam, Qur'an and Sunnah. A case in point, if it true, the supposed new group in Gaza strip stating people must convert to Islam or the Al Qaeda statement about the same suibject; this is not allowed in islam, because there is no compulsory in religion. No muslims can confirm that from the two holy sources.

For me, I know what islam is not. If it does not agree with human heart and prper reasoning. However if you lock yourself away from people because of their religion, then you may miss out of a potentially good experience.

I wish you well. Ndo, Obigaylee. laugh. this is the playful side of me.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by kazyjabani: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2006
wow!!! Ramadan is coming soon, If only the Muslims of the world can practice Islam the way it should be practised, then you will not have to be coy in your deridation of any group of people who practise this religion. Every people on earth have good and bad amongst its group. Here in america, some of the worst people on earth are from the white race. You also find bad people amongst the blacks as well as the recent immegrants, blacks and whites and in between.

kazyjabani omojagun 1, one guy battalion, mandator de emperor, iku-baba-yeye
Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2006
@Kazyjabani; Okare. Washere Bami. Beni tienri. The only thing I disagree in the way you describe yourself is the Iku-Baba-yeye thing.

If you see Iku, you will want to run, but you can't.

I wish you well. If you are a muslim, Happy ramadan. If you are not, i wish you well, too.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 13, 2006
Is it called ramadan because you eat ram at the end of it?
This is a sincere question.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by ZuluNation(m): 12:22am On Sep 13, 2006
I remember a long time ago when we used to live in Jos and it's Ramadan, we used to stay way from the Muslims because the would be so crankey and abusive angry
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 13, 2006
My rejection of Islam is not based on the bad deeds of the Muslims but on the bad teachings of its holy book and on the bad deeds of its founder. Many cruelties and heinous acts of violence, perpetrated by Muslims throughout the centuries were inspired by the Quran and the Sunnah (the examples of the prophet). That is why I condemn ISLAM for the bad things that Muslims do. Any effort to humanize Islam is a waste of time. The obstacle to any reform is Quran. The enemy is Islam and that is the target of my attacks. I do that, despite knowing that I have become the magnet of the hatred of fanatical Muslims and my own life could be in danger. Yet I know that by eradicating Islam we can save the world from the dangers of a catastrophe that otherwise is looming over our heads and could cause more disaster than the 1st and 2nd World Wars combined. Eradication of Islam means restoring peace among humanity and civility, democracy and prosperity in the Muslim world.

Ali Sina
Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 11:41am On Sep 13, 2006
You can even stay away from the topic that was meant for Muslims, strickly. You must have had a bad experience. I think you need to take a course in comparative religion. If you want I will connect you with a woman like yourself, well educated, black or white your choice. They were not born muslims, they discover it at age of maturity.

Your hatred of this religion will amount to Zero. God Almighty has committed Himself to protect it. If anyone were to apostate, it is because God knows the true nature of the heart of His servant/slave. For those of you who are arrogant and call yourselves sons/daughters of Almighty, I guess you will find out your true position with God Almighty, in the day after.

Those whose hearts are not deseased will hear the Word of god being recited and they will submit. We all die individually. Regardless of your position, President or others. Your time and my time are coming. You will not be punished for my bad deeds and I will not be punished for yours. If your belief is that Jesus (AS), an innocent man was punished for your sins, you will find out that you have mistaken later on, when the judgement of God is pronounced.

My only hope is that you will see the wrong of your way and change. God is always ready to receive the repentance of His creations.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 14, 2006
Unfortunatelly allah and his mo have no power to forgive sins.
Only Christ can forgive and cleanse.
This is your chance while you still have breath.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 1:59am On Sep 14, 2006
@Babyosisi; Wait and i will wait along with you. In the day of judgement, we shall see who will be fuel for Fire of hell.

You will never delay the appointed time. No, no one can do it.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by ZuluNation(m): 2:06am On Sep 14, 2006
Olabowale abeg when you get to heaven, save me some virgins tell the seventy virgins to wait for me, I'm not far behind sad
Re: Month Of Ramadan by olabowale(m): 2:19am On Sep 14, 2006
@Zulunation: There is no virgin for the people of Hell fire. thats where your kind belong. So don't worry about it. it is forbidden for people of hell whatever the felicities of paradise. Paradise is forbidden for those who associate anything with God, Allah the all powerful.
@Babyosisi; I am not surprised that you turn out to be this anyway. Afterall, you are from the group that belief that they will cheat death,. Every soul shall taste death. None will be spared of it. I guess you will find out when its your time. You can wait for the rapture that will never come.
Re: Month Of Ramadan by saddik(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2006
im really upset by some of u who posted on this message, why do u have to critisize, u have ur own religion and i have my own religion, lets not be arrogant and leave in harmony.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Pain(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2006
Month of Pain? angry
Re: Month Of Ramadan by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2006
olabowale:

@Zulunation: There is no virgin for the people of Hell fire. thats where your kind belong. So don't worry about it. it is forbidden for people of hell whatever the felicities of paradise. Paradise is forbidden for those who associate anything with God, Allah the all powerful.
@Babyosisi; I am not surprised that you turn out to be this anyway. Afterall, you are from the group that belief that they will cheat death,. Every soul shall taste death. None will be spared of it. I guess you will find out when its your time. You can wait for the rapture that will never come.

Zulu,someone is about to blow up,you better take cover

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adam Committed Fornication With Eve. / "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor / Why Did The Magi Bring Gold, Frankincense And myrrh to Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.