Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery (30904 Views)

Behind The Wheels Of A Murder / Mystery Man (short Story) / The Murder Case- A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by missterious(f): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
I can't believe you stopped there cry Next update, please.

Happy new year. smiley

Hey, kingphilip. smiley
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
Getting nearer to the truth........happy new year touchmeder and everyone in the house

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
Timothy3113:
HAPPY NEW YEAR Touchmeder,
9ce story here. Na dem mod ban me.

LOLZ wetin you do nah?
@everyone thanks for the comments and happy New Year wishes. @omokoladele now can you see why i asked if you want to work as a private investigator?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
''Chichi, something is not right and I can feel it tingling in my spin.''

''You better scratch that sh*it'' she swore. ''I'm so done with this case Unique. We have not only solved a murder, but have dealt with the robbery attacks in that area. Oh my God, wait until oga hears this!''

We got to the car and stopped while I searched my pocket for the key. It was a very hot day and I could see Chichi shading her eyes with her palm. I was by the driver's door but I didn’t want to drive - I wanted to think. I whistled at her and dangled the key then she smiled at me. I tossed the key at her and she caught it in mid air.

''Good catch'' I said.

''Lazy man'' she teased.

''Drive real slow I want to think'' I replied.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
I brought out my pink diary and began to write. I loved writing in my diary. It is one of the best things my father ever bought me. It's pink in colour with a beautiful ballerina in front. And its best feature is the small lock at the side. It's my most treasured item, I may be careless with something's but not my diary. I used to wear the key around my neck but after it got lost, I panicked and when I finally found it, I decided to start hiding it with the diary.

I know Osas wanted something like this but he can never have it. He does not like writing anyway and I know if he ever had a diary, he will spoil it with drawing those useless cartoon characters: Ben ten, Scooby doo, Sponge Bob Square Pant et al.

Any way back to the main gist; I still feel sad about what has happened in our home. My mother went to the station yesterday and when she returned her eyes were very red. She told us Uncle Nathan was never coming out of Oko prison. Uncle Nathan had confessed that he and Niyi were responsible for the robberies in our area. She could not believe it and I remember Osas was so shocked he could not close his mouth!

Unfortunately Niyi ran away and Uncle Nathan is on his own. My mother even reminded Osas about the danger of stealing and said that's why she had to flog him the other day. I don’t think it's really good to flog a child but Osas's head is strong like coconut so maybe it was okay to flog him.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
q
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by kanechimex(m): 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
Touchmeder happy new year. Your story is still nice

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by stonecoldcafe: 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
shocked shocked shocked Nathan a thief? The stranger a thief too? What is going on?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Me pity Nathan oan free am.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
candy:
Me pity Nathan oan free am.

I'm curious why should he be free? I notice some readers are a bit sympathetic towards that character? He has confessed to being a robber so should it be any easier on him because he is a medical student? #confusedmuch
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
kanechimex:
Touchmeder happy new year. Your story is still nice

Thanks bro.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
touchmeder:

LOLZ wetin you do nah?
@everyone thanks for the comments and happy New Year wishes. @omokoladele now can you see why i asked if you want to work as a private investigator?
Happy New Year
Dis story is getting interesting more nd more
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:28am On Jan 03, 2015
Like Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot would say let me tease your 'little grey cells' this morning. wink
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:30am On Jan 03, 2015
q
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:31am On Jan 03, 2015

''What do you think this is - CS fu ck*ki ng I? This is not an American crime series you know!''

''Think Chichi think; where is the motive? There is no logical reason why either of them would want that man dead. He was the experienced rogue amongst them. They were looking up to him in this operation. He was the goose that laid the golden egg; the boss, the Capone. Even if they wanted him dead, it would have been after the operation. Now we know there was no operation because the last break-in was three weeks prior to that day. Besides if they wanted him dead, it had to be outside that house. It had to be far from them. Killing him in that house would have been too messy. That singular act was their undoing.''

''You have a point there but you know what this means right?'' She smiled and began to tap her biro on the table. ''Are you trying to say …''

''Yes I am Chichi; the killer came from within! Forget the broken ceiling board theory - that is a distraction from the pit of hell. The broken boards are along the corridor that leads to the bedrooms. There is no way someone would have come through that route and not woken a single person. You would have to jump from the ceiling to the floor and it's pretty high; this is no Tom Cruise Mission impossible stunt.''

Next the doors leading outside that house are iron clad. The doors were still intact; there was no damage to the handles or hinges. I inspected them myself. I repeat the murderer came from inside that house or was led in from within. It cannot be the younger kids; they are too weak to carry out such a vicious crime. They can barely strangle a goat let alone a mature man like the stranger. This was a calculated attack on an unsuspecting individual. Three stab wounds to the chest all within the same region. This was done by a vindictive woman or a scheming teenager - Ms Imade or her intelligent daughter Pamela Jubril! Perhaps it was one of them with the help of a 3rd part or maybe a mother and daughter team.''

Chichi opened her eyes wide and inhaled deeply. I could see she was beginning to sweat even though the fan was still twirling above our head.

''Let's do a recap maybe something will jump at us'' she said.

I drowned a glass of water and wiped my forehead ''are you ready?'' She nodded at me and I started speaking.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by vickyozohu(f): 9:45am On Jan 03, 2015
Pamela!!! Noooooo
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2015
Pamela cant do dis!!! Nathan is still d number one suspect to me angry
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by kingphilip(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2015
missterious:
I can't believe you stopped there cry Next update, please.

Happy new year. smiley

Hey, king Philip. smiley
Gudam dear
n Happy new year
Wishing u greater heights
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2015
This is getting interest. Buh y is no one suspecting EDUGIE?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Queening(f): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2015
Toeyean1507:
nope u r wrong i suspect EDUGIE
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
when you visit a Nigerian prison, then alone will u realize that the best things in life arr FREE(DOM) grin grin

touchmeder:

I'm curious why should he be free? I notice some readers are a bit sympathetic towards that character? He has confessed to being a robber so should it be any easier on him because he is a medical student? #confusedmuch

why won't we be sympathetic towards him?? you've succeeded in endearing us to him
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Toeyean1507:
Why will u suspect her
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Lilyomi(f): 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
I think is Nathan's sister. Probably she did not get what she wanted after warming the stranger. This woman is strange. Jus a day and a total stranger has his way with her . There is more to it.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lilyomi:
I think is Nathan's sister. Probably she did not get what she wanted after warming the stranger. This woman is strange. Jus a day and a total stranger has his way with her . There is more to it.

it can't be anyone else except niyi or Nathan. if it was ms imade, Niyi would not have had knowledge of the murder which is why he has absconded
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by drollster(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
Glad I stumbled on this thread. @ touchmeder, you just got a new admirer of your works. Love the language, character development, logic and the realistic settings of this story. Kudos.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Frankenstein: 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lilyomi:
You think he's actually a stranger to her?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
touchmeder:

Yea, go easy on him! Free him from that hell hole called naija prison, let him write his exams jor. Afterall, he is just an armless robber tongue
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
Queening:
nope u r wrong i suspect EDUGIE
That makes d 2 of us then. Dat little gurl strikes me like one dat knows too much despite her delinquency
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
omokoladele:

Why will u suspect her
Well,she strikes me like one dat knows too much. Isn't it obvious already?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2017-2018 Chatbox / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.