Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( (1888 Views)

Current Jobs Opening In Owerri In A 70 Room, 3 Star Hotel / My Experience Today As An Applicant. / New Jobs Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by hardworkpays(m): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
I used to think there are no jobs in Nigeria till I started connecting with lots of recruiters and many of whom are having a hard time filling their open position because of lack of qualified candidates. For the past few days myself and other recruiters have posted a couple of jobs at http://www.hireanigerian.com/?page_id=14 but very few qualified candidate have applied. These are jobs posted by recruiters themselve and your application goes directly to them ensuring faster processing. I am particularly concern a legal counsel job listed at http://www.hireanigerian.com/?page_id=14&job_board=/view/-7/ because I just spoke with the recruiter here and they are seriously trying to fill this position. These are all multinational companies looking for highly skilled Nigerian. Please if you know any lawyer that is qualify for this job please share.

Thanks
Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by SIRKOL(m): 11:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
Do u know what ur saying? Few qualified applicant?? Pls mk research b4 posting.
Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by hardworkpays(m): 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
SIRKOL:
Do u know what ur saying? Few qualified applicant?? Pls mk research b4 posting.
Ok Let me say we are not seeing application from qualified candidates. Do you know anyone qualified for any of the jobs I mentioned? please share. Thanks

1 Like

Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by ITbomb(m): 8:27am On Dec 13, 2014
You are right bro,
I went to your site and saw the openings and your clients are also right "finding it difficult to fill a vacancy" But you should note these.

1. Most of the openings you have there are experienced, your clients are to lazy to pick graduate trainees and groom them to managers, they want to pick what another company developed.
2. Most experienced peeps are already working, the other small number that are not working rarely come online to look for jobs, rather they use their own networks and word of mouth within their industry to get a new hire.
3. They should have a long term planning for filling top management by going for graduate trainees when picking one or two experienced hands to guide the up coming ones

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by hardworkpays(m): 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
ITbomb:
You are right bro,
I went to your site and saw the openings and your clients are also right "finding it difficult to fill a vacancy" But you should note these.

1. Most of the openings you have there are experienced, your clients are to lazy to pick graduate trainees and groom them to managers, they want to pick what another company developed.
2. Most experienced peeps are already working, the other small number that are not working rarely come online to look for jobs, rather they use their own networks and word of mouth within their industry to get a new hire.
3. They should have a long term planning for filling top management by going for graduate trainees when picking one or two experienced hands to guide the up coming ones
I understand your point but with this kind of mindset you might find it hard to get a job. There are very few entry level jobs this days however many of the so called experienced jobs can equally be filled by bright entry level candidates, all they need to do is to make sure they update their resume to fit the job description rather than sending the same resume for every job application. Most companies are looking for "I can do it" attitude but unfortunately most job seekers disqualify themselves after seeing the job description even before applying, that's really sad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by ITbomb(m): 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
hardworkpays:

I understand your point but with this kind of mindset you might find it hard to get a job. There are very few entry level jobs this days however many of the so called experienced jobs can equally be filled by bright entry level candidates, all they need to do is to make sure they update their resume to fit the job description rather than sending the same resume for every job application. Most companies are looking for "I can do it" attitude but unfortunately most job seekers disqualify themselves after seeing the job description even before applying, that's really sad.
Understood

1 Like

Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by wisestman(m): 10:25am On Dec 15, 2014
yes i know someone qualified for this job but the cant access the link on the site....check the link to apply
Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by hardworkpays(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
wisestman:
yes i know someone qualified for this job but the cant access the link on the site....check the link to apply
fixed! thanks for the feedback.Please update back if your friend got an interview invite or the job.
Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by cutiez2: 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Any job vacancy for a mechanical engineer with experience in turbines
Re: New Jobs Opening Everyday In Nigeria But Very Few Qualified Applicant :( by hardworkpays(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
cutiez2:
Any job vacancy for a mechanical engineer with experience in turbines
sure , you can use the search botton and put in the keywords of jobs you are looking for.

(1) (Reply)

Oaknut Recruitment / SumeruNG / From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.