Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Medical School(s) You Must Avoid - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical School(s) You Must Avoid (2929 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate / Ireti Grammar School S.w Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Doclight(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
IF U WOULD KNOW OF ANY NOVICE WHO WOULD WANT TO STUDY MEDICINE IN NIGERIA. WHAT ARE THE SCHOOLS U WOUDN'T RECOMMEND? FOR ME IT'S EKSU. WHAT'S URS?
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
if they're accredited, then they're all supposed to be up to standard.

the problem should be if they're not.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Doclight(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
itstpia8:
if they're accredited, then they're all supposed to be up to standard.

the problem should be if they're not.
that they are accredited doesn't mean they can't lost it.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Peppermum(m): 1:53am On Dec 13, 2014
OAU medical school
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 2:01am On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight:
that they are accredited doesn't mean they can't lost it.

the point of accreditation is to make sure they remain in compliance with the stated standards and guidelines as defined by the accrediting authority.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 2:01am On Dec 13, 2014
Peppermum:
OAU medical school

your reason or reasons?
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by charleff512(m): 2:29am On Dec 13, 2014
OP, I feel this thread is out to educate intending students on probable reason(s) why studying in some medical schools might be inimical to achieving their dreams or career goals.
You might do us a great pleasure by furnishing the right information on why students should avoid these medical schools.
Is it that the courses are not accredited? or is it that the institution lack the required manpower? Or is it that the admission process is watered down?
Biko educate us more.thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 2:52am On Dec 13, 2014
charleff512:
OP, I feel this thread is out to educate intending students on probable reason(s) why studying in some medical schools might be inimical to achieving their dreams or career goals.

medical schools have limited admission quotas, so i dont think its very wise to diss some medical schools, which are fully accredited by the relevant authorities, based on nothing more than mere sentiment or mercenary motives.

running down med schools and discouraging people from applying to certain ones, will put pressure on the other med schools which are already highly competitive to begin with.

this is the list of accredited med schools in Nigeria, together with their admission quotas:

https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/index.php/training/accredited-medical-institutions

imo,as long as the school is accredited, it should be ok to go there save for security reasons as is happening in parts of the north.

Nl typical behaviour of running down institutions and personalities with the full connivance of certain folks here, should not really be encouraged.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 2:54am On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight:
IF U WOULD KNOW OF ANY NOVICE WHO WOULD WANT TO STUDY MEDICINE IN NIGERIA. WHAT ARE THE SCHOOLS U WOUDN'T RECOMMEND? FOR ME IT'S EKSU. WHAT'S URS?

what is your reason for mentioning EKSU?
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 2:58am On Dec 13, 2014
this is the list of foreign med schools accepted outside the country:

https://imed.faimer.org/results.asp?country=690&school=&currpage=1&cname=NIGERIA&city=&region=AF&rname=Africa&psize=50

for those who are planning to emigrate.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by deylex77: 7:14am On Dec 13, 2014
undecided
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by deylex77: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2014
instead of u to look for a the good ones, u are busy fishing out the bad ones...smh
btw...i'd recommend unijos n unilag for medicine. I cant say which school to avoid
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Kennethco(m): 7:26am On Dec 13, 2014
Recommendation of those highly competitive schools is totally wrong, even if u beat there cut-off and u are admitted...
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Doclight(m): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2014
@Deylex77 and All. I dnt advising sum1 to put in for those extra competitive schools is right. i'd rather ask them to go for any of they choice, bt must warn them abt sum they shud stay away 4rm to avoid regrets
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Zikdik(m): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight:
Are you a medical student in EKSU?
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Doclight(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2014
Zikdik:

Are you a medical student in EKSU?
Any p.? Do i hv to?
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Zikdik(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight:
Any p.? Do i hv to?
No. Just curious has to how you formed your opinion of EKSUCOM being the worst. Accreditation comes up tomorrow and the academic calendar is now close to lightning speed, facilities: top notch, teaching and non teaching staff, qualified and dedicated.
So, how did you come to that conclusion?
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by omowolewa: 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hey yeah!
I understand.

Peppermum:
OAU medical school
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zikdik:

No. Just curious has to how you formed your opinion of EKSUCOM being the worst. Accreditation comes up tomorrow

Really? And he opened the thread today?
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight:
@Deylex77 and All. I dnt advising sum1 to put in for those extra competitive schools is right. i'd rather ask them to go for any of they choice, bt must warn them abt sum they shud stay away 4rm to avoid regrets

Why don't you leave that for the relevant authorities to decide.

If your main reason for running down some medical schools is the fact that they are not among the schools accredited abroad, then that is not a big enough concern to warrant this thread.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2014
As per the ones mentioning OAU, still waiting for your explanations if your writing skills will allow.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Zikdik(m): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
itstpia8:

Really? And he opened the thread today?
Of all days..lol
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Johnfavour(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
What problem do you have with others school? Go and read for your jamb
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by itstpia8: 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zikdik:

Of all days..lol

he has written another essay here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2042490/medical-schools-should-go-find

i guess his real intention is to diss OAU in particular, his amugbalehin were trying to back him up here but they were a bit limited by the fact that they cant type english.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Doclight(m): 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
itstpia8:

i guess his real intention is to diss OAU in particular, his amugbalehin were trying to back him up here but they were a bit limited by the fact that they cant type english.
POPPYCOCK! Stop typing gillberish! u can make ur point without any direct or indirect word-war. btw i said "for me...." gosh peeps with such incorrigible attitude disgust me
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Zikdik(m): 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Doclight:
POPPYCOCK! Stop typing gillberish! u can make ur point without any direct or indirect word-war. btw i said "for me...." gosh peeps with such incorrigible attitude disgust me
No name-calling. Your opinion was overly critical without facts so it is quite plain that it was going to come under heavy criticism. Anyway, it's a relief to see that someone is educating the would-bes but, try to avoid misrepresentation or exaggeration of facts.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Zikdik(m): 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
itstpia8:

You've got an heck of a sense of humor tho. Me likey.
Re: Medical School(s) You Must Avoid by Doclight(m): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Zikdik:

You've got an heck of a sense of humor tho. Me likey.
I'd say d guy's kinda jealous of nothing. check his recent post on something abt state medic. uni. i'd tell it is clueless, and nt comprehendable

(1) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University MBA Programme / 2019/2020 NDA Postgraduate Students / Let See Who Can Solve This Simple Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.