Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? (5830 Views)

Washing Automobile Mechanical Parts With Petrol; Is It Really Wrong? / Cost To Ship A Bus From Arkansas To Lagos. / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? by Gcoach(m): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2008
Hi everyone,
I would like to know, how much does it really cost to ship a car from USA to Lagos, Nigeria? I am also looking for someone who can help me ship cars at reasonable prices. Thanks.
Re: How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? by gaddafi81(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2008
Best ways to ship cars from US to Lagos:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-43149.0.html
Re: How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? by OCEANLANE: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2008
OCEANLANE SHIPPING SARL
PK 10 Route PORTO NOVO
02 BP 1542 COTONOU - BENIN
E-MAIL : oceanlane-shipping@hotmail.com
Web : www.oceanems.com
Office Tel / Fax : +229 21 37 71 84
Mobile Tel : +229 97 97 40 40 / +1 678 389 9840

You can contact us in COTONOU ( Benin ) ; we have a shipipng company in USA and in West Africa .

We can offer you very competitive rates with 5 to 6 direct monthly sailings for your Vehicles / Trucks / Containers to BENIN or NIGERIA

Price per vehicle : $ 75 Doc Fees + $ 1 250 Sea Freight

Best Regards
Management
Re: How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? by sojioguns(m): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2008
That would depend on whether you are containerising or RORO (Roll on Roll off). Containerising ensures more security of your good but is more expensive. The recent charge for a 40' container is about $7,150. This container can take 4 normal size sedans so if you divide the cost by 4, you get about $1,787 for each car. Friends usually get together to ship cars to complete a container.
RORO is a lot cheaper and could be about $1,100 (not sure though). The myth about the insecurity of cars shipped via RORO is now extinct, thanks to the new RORO port at Apapa.
The choice is up to you.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan GT-R50 By Italdesign Celebrates 50 Years Of Two Icons / Pls Help Me With Suggestions On This Nissan Xterra Transmission Issue / Does The Use Of Air Conditioners In Cars Affect Fuel Consumption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.