Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals (531 Views)

I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / "Good Atheists Will Go To Heaven" - Pope Frances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals by Solozzo(m): 4:47am On Dec 13, 2014
What's your view ? Do you agree with the Pope? Do al animals go to heaven. Read pope Francis' views below.

Pope Francis, already hailed for progressive views about homosexuality and the origins of the universe, has contradicted his predecessor and conservative Catholic teaching by suggesting that animals may go to heaven when they die. According to Italian media reports, Francis made the comments during an appearance in St. Peter’s Square, when trying to console a little boy who had told him that his dog had died.“One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ,” the reports quote Francis as telling the child. “Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.”

The comments were clearly made in private conversation with the child and were not meant as a papal decree.
And yet they are the latest in a string of more progressive statements from a Pope who has adopted a man-of-the-people persona.
In October, Francis delivered a speech in which he said the theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God did not wave a “magic wand” to create the universe.

And earlier this year, he asked, “Who am I to judge?” when discussing homosexuality.
As for his most recent comments, it’s perhaps no coincidence that Francis chose his papal name in honour of St. Francis of Assisi, who not only left a life of wealth and excess to devote himself to a life of poverty and preaching, but also regularly preached to animals.
St. Francis of Assisi is now known as the patron saint of ecologists for his love of animals and nature.
Francis’s predecessors were divided on the issue.

Pope Benedict rejected the notion that animals might go to heaven in a sermon, suggesting that when they die it merely signals the end of their life on earth. However, Pope John Paul II before him suggested that animals do have souls and are “as near to God as men are.”

Source

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/do-all-dogs-go-to-heaven-pope-francis-leaves-pearly-gates-open-to-animals-1.2145039#ixzz3LkHezYkv
Re: Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals by Ezedon(m): 5:02am On Dec 13, 2014
Catholics beware, homosexuality may come to your church
Re: Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals by gede7744(f): 5:11am On Dec 13, 2014
d Bible in acc said d spirit of man goes upward while d spirit of animal goes downward. which means no hereafter for animals. it is only from human that God demands an account and will be rewarded accordingly
Re: Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals by yuncka: 5:43am On Dec 13, 2014
LOL! Religion no go finish us for this world.
Re: Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals by KELVINXY: 6:34am On Dec 13, 2014
Heaven is paradise Right
If YES,then what is the beauty of paradise if there's no Animals there? undecided

God knows that i will prefer seeing my dead Dog "Buffer" in heaven than to see some people i know on earth there.angry
Lord forgive me!
Re: Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals by leonard509(m): 6:45am On Dec 13, 2014
No pic?

Next
Re: Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? Pope Francis Leaves Pearly Gates Open To Animals by Orunto: 7:05am On Dec 13, 2014
Dogs in the Manger do and those associated with the Virgin Mary. All other dogs go to hell.

(1) (Reply)

/ Amazing And Sensitive Points About Christianity In Nigerian Constitution. / Vicar Of Baghdad: ISIS Beheaded 4 Christian Children, They Said 'We Love Jesus]'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.