Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,576 members, 7,955,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:34 PM

We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) (1430 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2014
This is the American version of your favourite story, WE ARE ABLE. sit back, relax and enjoy yourself. Update is twice or three times a week, based on your comments and encouragement. Do well to remind me to continue the story because I am a very busy man.

Don't steal my work because I won't take it serious with anyone who steals my work. If you want to copy my work somewhere, please let me know before you do so.

Copyright(c) SammyHoe2014

I LOVE YOU ALL cheesy
Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by talk2riel: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2014
Earlier bird cool

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2014
We Are Able (From Detroit School Of The Disabled)

Chapter One

THUG OF WAR

Smith Clinton needed twelve students to form his Tug of War team. He mustn't flop this time. Last year, he had no motivation, so he lost just at the beginning of the competition. Smith was worried over the team he would choose. No one was showing interest in his formation. They thought it was a joke.

"Mr. Smith, you're just gonna keep ridiculing yourself because you can't win," the principal of the school at Detroit told Smith, point-blank.
"Excuse me sir, why do you say so?" Smith asked immediately.
"Because it's not done. You can't go win competitions with just a bunch of mere disabled people. We have our able-bodied department, go train them up instead."
"But I've tried it with them, they lost in the preliminary stage two years in a row!"
Mr Smith said. He had some wrinkles over his face. "They didn't wanna learn anything."

Mr Dennis peeped above his glasses and pushed his nose with a finger as he adjusted the glass. He seemed irritated at the decision of Mr Smith. It sounded so unnatural to his hearing. Maybe something had gone wrong in Mr Smith's brain, he thought.

Detroit school for the less privileged had been established many years back, yet the school hadn't made its mark in sport. Mr Dennis had remained the principal for twenty years. He had waited to get an award in sport, but it now seemed too late. He was already close to retirement.

Just two years before, the TUG OF WAR inter-college competition came up. Mr. Dennis felt his school could make a mark there, since basketball had been a no-go area for them. He called Mr Smith to step in.

Mr Smith was in his thirties. He loved being too pragmatic. Aside that, he was religious and would always love to express his belief publicly and anywhere.

Mr. Smith took up the challenge just the year before, to help the school earn victory. He lost out completely. Too many pompous people on his team made him lose.

Jackson was the guy who felt he could singlehandedly pull down the defense of the opposition. He had a huge body. His muscles were left to bring up permanent biceps and veins.

Jackson was unruly. He never listened to Mr. Smith. He was the marksman for the Smithan's team. He was at the forefront, pulling the rope. A little lack of concentration on his part cost the whole team winning the first game in the competition the year before.

Jackson thought it was going to be an automatic qualification for him this year, but Mr. Smith stunned him and the rest of the team.

"You'll all have to work hard to earn a place on my team," Mr Smith declared. They all laughed.

"You can laugh if you wanna, but be sure you won't get a space on my team if you ain't ready to play."

"Sir, and who will get the space if none of us has no space?" Jackson asked foolishly.

"Even if shadows are trained for these, they'll come with trophies. Just one thing, belief. "

" Ha! ha! Ha!" they laughed Smith to scorn.

Smith began to look above their heads. He was going to prove to them that he wasn't stereotypic.

"To earn a spot on my team, you've gotta sweat for it," Mt Smith said the umpteenth time. His face was ever cool, lacking the vigour to carry the message he was delivering. No one would take him serious in such face. He needed a rough frown.

Jackson came close to Mr Smith and tucked out a hair on his moustache.

"Sir, how come you've got this white hair on your moustache?" the mannerless boy said. The whole team laughed. Mr Smith felt abased, but he wouldn't just show it. He left them all in the gym.

The Tug of War game was a game little known in America. It was recently introduced to the colleges and high schools as one of the inter-school sport game. Mr. Smith had much to do in bringing up the available students. They were just nonchalant.

Mr. Smith had a twist of thought after visiting the department of the handicapped. The deaf, the blind, the lame--such wonderful kids.

Mr. Smith began to develop liking for them. His inner eyes had spotted some sparkling potentials in them. They were going to make such a wonderful team. He would try them out.

It wasn't a welcome idea by anyone. What would the disabled do in this?

Mr. Smith received severe lambastement from his able-bodied team when he introduced the disabled ones to them.

"They'll form a part of our team, " he announced.

"You're joking, right?" Jackson was smiling. He was huge enough to scare the coach himself.

Jackson was just sixteen. Anyone would freak out for him. He had hooded eyes, a long ear and a wide nose. His hair was brown and his face had some black spots on it.

Jackson peered at the disabled kids Mr. Smith had brought. His face was scaring them out.

Steven was the first to begin the jittery move. He was almost going to wet his body with urine.

"So, you one-eyed little boy, you wanna join the team, huh, " Jackson addressed Steven harshly.

" Y-yeah, " Steven stammered. The able-bodied students laughed. They were having fun.

" Wouldn't you mind losing your second eye in the Tug of War tussle?" Jackson said, almost poking a finger into Steven' eyes.

Steven felt inferior. He felt like leaving immediately.

"Sir, can I take my leave? "Steven asked Mr. Smith.

" Why? " the coach asked.
Steven was looking at Jackson. He was scared to death.

" Sir...I don't wanna do this anymore, " Steven said and turned around. A burst of laughter erupted.

" One-eyed guy wanna join the team, ha, ha, ha," they laughed.

Steven ran away.

"Do you guys still wanna do these?" Jackson said. "One-legged, iron-legged, deaf, dumb, hunchback..."

"Shut up!" Leo screamed at Jackson. He was the only person beaming with courage, yet he was a dwarf with a hunched back.

"What the hell!" Jackson shouted. It was unbelievable!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 13, 2014
talk2riel:
Earlier bird cool
Bros so you are here?
Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by talk2riel: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2014
SammyHoe:
Bros so you are here?
Free saturday to lazy around in the literature section

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2014
talk2riel:

Free saturday to lazy around in the literature section
Me too, so busy nowadays. Saturday inclusive sef. If only I could get a job to write stories and be getting paid, I won't do any other job. I love writing.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by dastancypayne(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2014
Boss.....carry me along oo.....need to learn more about writing ads.......carrydeygo...

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 16, 2014
dastancypayne:
Boss.....carry me along oo.....need to learn more about writing ads.......carrydeygo...

Okay, time to update
Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 16, 2014
[b]Jackson lurched towards Leo to give him a kick. Leo dodged the kick and grabbed ulled him and he fell.

An outburst of laughter erupted. Jackson was ashamed. He couldn't stand before Leo to do him anything at that moment, but one thing was certain, Leo is in trouble.

Jackson snapped his finger, dust his body and left.

"Lazy fowl," Leo said without an iota of fear.

Smith didn't want this. He was not happy with the two fighters. Maybe he should just leave them out of his team, he thought.

Jackson's huge stature would have been a big plus to the team. He would be at the forefront of the battle line. Leo would be good for a make-weight, having a low center of gravity. It would help the team a lot.

Mr. Smith called Leo to caution.

"You shouldn't have fought back, Leo, " Smith said." Don't you know how notorious Jackson is? He won't take it lightly with you."

"I don't fear any man," Leo said confidently. Smith wondered at his level of courage. If only Leo's courage could be transfered into the game at hand, then the Tug Of War competition would be a done deal for them," Smith thought.

Leo was being followed. He knew it himself. He had seen two familiar faces maintaining a distance behind him all the while. He gave them much space, but they were closing in on him. Leo entered a public toilet. He had behind the door, waiting to see if they would come for him. As expected, two teenagers got in.

Leo was back on the street.

"Yes! Those fools will search in the sink holes for me. Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Leo began to walk towards the taxi Park. A hard knock rocked his head from behind. He fell like a dead soul. He was dragged away. The street was too lonely for anyone to notice.

Mr. Smith was on the assembly ground. It had been announced, Leo was missing.

Mr. Smith could guess what had happened to Leo, but since he wasn't sure, he had to keep silent. Leo had definitely gotten himself into Jackson' trouble.

The search for Leo began. All extra-curricular activities were suspended in honour of Leo's parents. They had gone to every extent to make sure he was found.

Jackson suddenly became a gentle being. Surprisingly, he called at Smith's office one day.

"Sir, you might be thinking that I was responsible for Leo's kidnap. Sir, I swear to God, I know nothing about this."

The man was in doubt whether to believe him or not. [/b]
Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by bookj(f): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Hmm, interesting, sammy continue o

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
bookj:
Hmm, interesting, sammy continue o

Okay ma.
Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by dastancypayne(m): 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
I did nt read English and Literary studies or any course related to that in school. Though, I worked in one of the publishing offices. But, the Nairalanders has taught me alot of things here. I Appreciate ur works.
More ink to ur pen Bro...........
Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
dastancypayne:
I did nt read English and Literary studies or any course related to that in school. Though, I worked in one of the publishing offices. But, the Nairalanders has taught me alot of things here. I Appreciate ur works.
More ink to ur pen Bro...........
Thanks
Re: We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) by Horluwahighdee(m): 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
great work sir! tz interesting!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NINJA (Traitor's Blade) / Skilled Writers Needed For Long Term Collaboration / Ebiag Reloaded: The Citizens Of Gyrus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.