Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! (3636 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / How To Make Your Relaxed Hair Grow Longer And Fuller. / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hi guys. Many people doubt that we black folks can grow our hair past our shoulders. The doubt escalates when they see that we have our hair relaxed. Well..... I'm here to tell you that it is highly possible and we can grow our hair to whatever length we desire (with a lot of patience of course). So, whatever questions you have about your relaxed hair, lemme hear it and we'll solve the mystery of our hair together.

1 Like

Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by mofehintoluwa: 6:48am On Dec 20, 2014
Hi. I'm so glad that you decided to start this thread because most people only think of the naturals. Please I want to ask if my hair is still growing. Its been at the same length for ages and I would really love to grow it past shoulder length.also its very hard and coarse. Please what do I do?
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Uglyduckling: 10:40am On Dec 20, 2014
Following
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by whitemosquito(f): 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
wat do I do abt dandruff? Its driving me insane! When my hair's due for a retouch, the dandruff stays away, but as soon as I relax it, they flood back in like shoppers on Black Friday! Its a free for all.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by whitemosquito(f): 7:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
double post error
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by stalker(f): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
@ white mosquito look for tea tree oil or peppermint oil. They work for dandruff. Please note that these oils are essential oils so would have to be mixed with penetrating oils, sealing oils or deep conditioner for them to work. Better still mix with with coconut oil and olive oil and do a hot oil treatment (this is warming up the oil mixture with warm water)
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by stalker(f): 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
@ mofe ur hair is growing just that it is not retaining lenght. You have to start obseving healthy hair practice by embarking on a healthy hair journey. This would include
Deep conditioning regularly (@ least once a week). Moisturise and sealing (once a day) protecting ur ends etc. For a full regimen pls check on the natural thread ( dose methods apply to relaxed hair 2) or u can ask for an abbrevied version here. Will try and explain to the best of my ability
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 21, 2014
Hey guys. sorry for the late reply

mofehintoluwa:
Hi. I'm so glad that you decided to start this thread because most people only think of the naturals. Please I want to ask if my hair is still growing. Its been at the same length for ages and I would really love to grow it past shoulder length.also its very hard and coarse. Please what do I do?
If you have to keep relaxing your hair, then rest assured that it is STILL GROWING. The only issue as dear stalker has said is that you're not retaining length.
Now our hair type, 4a, 4b or 4c in most cases, is really prone to dryness and this makes it brittle and break off. what you have to do is ensure that your hair is well moisturised with a good moisturiser. Could be in cream form, or in form of a leave-in conditioner or even water. After that you should seal in the moisture with am oil or butter e.g. coconut oil, olive oil, Shea butter, Castor oil etc.
This will prevent the oil from escaping into the atmosphere. It will also work for the coarseness of your hair. You should moisturise between 3 times a week and 3 times a day. hope this helps.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 21, 2014
whitemosquito:
wat do I do abt dandruff? Its driving me insane! When my hair's due for a retouch, the dandruff stays away, but as soon as I relax it, they flood back in like shoppers on Black Friday! Its a free for all.
The reason why you experience dandruff, especially after relaxing is because your scalp is dry. It can also be because you experienced burns in the process of relaxing. What you can do is to heat an oil, preferably coconut or olive oil, and massage it into your scalp for about 10-15 minutes. Do this 2 to 3 times a week.
You can also use baking soda. On wash day, wet your hair and rub some baking powder into your scalp. Leave it on for about 10 mins and then rinse out thoroughly. do not shampoo hair after. or you can simply add the baking soda to your shampoo and wash hair as normal. Hope this helps.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by anthoniaz(f): 2:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Cool.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by firstlady4(f): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2014
Ride on op, am tired of all this natural hair discussion everywhere. Mine is 20inche long fully relaxed hair hope to retain more length sooner.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by whitemosquito(f): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2014
Tommywa2:
The reason why you experience dandruff, especially after relaxing is because your scalp is dry. It can also be because you experienced burns in the process of relaxing. What you can do is to heat an oil, preferably coconut or olive oil, and massage it into your scalp for about 10-15 minutes. Do this 2 to 3 times a week.
You can also use baking soda. On wash day, wet your hair and rub some baking powder into your scalp. Leave it on for about 10 mins and then rinse out thoroughly. do not shampoo hair after. or you can simply add the baking soda to your shampoo and wash hair as normal. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Figured out that it had something to do with relaxing the hair tho. Saw this a lil late, Sunday's hair wash day. Will try the olive oil treatment. Hope it doesnt cause a breakout on my face...
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please what's the cause of severe itching while on weaves. I wash my hair before fixing. What are the solutions, cos it's making me uncomfortable.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 22, 2014
whitemosquito:
Thanks. Figured out that it had something to do with relaxing the hair tho. Saw this a lil late, Sunday's hair wash day. Will try the olive oil treatment. Hope it doesnt cause a breakout on my face...
please let me know how it turns out. Good luck
cocospice:
Please what's the cause of severe itching while on weaves. I wash my hair before fixing. What are the solutions, cos it's making me uncomfortable.
Itching is experienced when your scalp is dry. Try oiling it with either coconut oil or olive oil. massage the oil into your scalp and you'll see the difference. Hope this helps
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Tommywa2:

please let me know how it turns out. Good luck

Itching is experienced when your scalp is dry. Try oiling it with either coconut oil or olive oil. massage the oil into your scalp and you'll see the difference. Hope this helps
Thanks wil try it out
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 22, 2014
cocospice:

Thanks wil try it out
You're welcome
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Florblu(f): 9:46am On Dec 22, 2014
Well done.....pls I av a stubborn hair.av tried so many relaxers including kits but none seems to work.help.....
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 22, 2014
Florblu:
Well done.....pls I av a stubborn hair.av tried so many relaxers including kits but none seems to work.help.....

You should try doing GHE (green house effect). This simply entails moisturising and sealing your hair and then covering it with a plastic cap (or a shower cap) and as many scarves and bonnets as you can find. This will keep the heat in your hair and allow the moisture to penetrate your hair leaving it soft and manageable especially if you have loads of new growth
note that ghe is done overnight. hope this helps
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by royalnikita(f): 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
Urgent help is needed.
Av been on natural hair bt jxt relaxed yesterday wt UB relaxer. My hair burnt like food even when it was stl being relaxed, it was so painful and d burns are stl on my hair, hw do I remove them? Cos I want to do parking gel by weekend.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by royalnikita(f): 10:30am On Dec 24, 2014
Pls oooo, I nid a reply asap
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2014
royalnikita:
Pls oooo, I nid a reply asap
I'm so sorry. You should just keep putting oil, either coconut oil, olive oil or Vaseline. then you should wash your hair before doing the packing gel. The scabs should come off when you wash your hair. Hope this helps.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by royalnikita(f): 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Tommywa2:

I'm so sorry. You should just keep putting oil, either coconut oil, olive oil or Vaseline. then you should wash your hair before doing the packing gel. The scabs should come off when you wash your hair. Hope this helps.
Tnx dear, will do so.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
royalnikita:

Tnx dear, will do so.
You're welcome. Lemme know how it turns out.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas to everyone who can see this. Live you guys loads. Enjoy your Christmas and get ready for a wonderful new year.
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by tollu: 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
Signing in. I have relaxed hair too and it grows well on its own without much help.
I would like to help it along so it can achieve maximum health and length BUT I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to all this regimen nonsense.

Attached is a picture of a trim I had a couple of months back. The strands on my palm is a sample of what I cut off before taking the picture on the left.

That much was trimmed because my hair ends were really thin (A result of profectiv relaxer - worked well for my sis but not for me)

Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
Happy new year to everyone. 2015 is definitely going to be a great hair-growing year for us all. Happy healthy hair journey cheesy
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by tollu: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tommywa2:
Happy new year to everyone. 2015 is definitely going to be a great hair-growing year for us all. Happy healthy hair journey cheesy

Happy New Dear. Do you have any challenge in mind?
Re: For The Relaxed Sisters- You Can Grow Your Hair! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
tollu:

Happy New Dear. Do you have any challenge in mind?
I was actually thinking of participating in one
But now that you mentioned it I guess I could start one. Hmmmm....... Any suggestions house?

(1) (Reply)

FACES: When A Lady Upload Pics On Social Media, But... (pics) / Who Know Dis Cream / Check Out These Wedding Gowns. They Are Lovely And Unique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.