Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace (1334 Views)

Atheism Is A Religion / Is Franklin Graham Freemasonry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
Franklin Graham unloads on Islam as "a religion of peace" (PC alert) shocked

Rev. Franklin Graham: Islam ‘Is a Religion of War’
December 10, 2014 - 5:30 PM

By Michael W. Chapman

Reverend Franklin Graham, head of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and son of its world renowned founder, Pastor Billy Graham, said that Islam has not changed in 1,500 years and has “not been hijacked by radicals,” but is “a religion of war.”

He also said he wants Muslims to know there is hope beyond Jihad and that they “do not have to die for God,” but can attain “eternal life” through God’s Son, who “died for us.”

Rev. Franklin Graham made his remarks in a Dec. 6 interview with Ruth Gledhill of the London-based inter-denominational magazine Christian Today.

Reverend Graham was asked about comments he made in 2001 about Islam, following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. He said he had not changed his opinion at all and, when looking today at the Islamic State, the Taliban, or Boko Haram he thinks, “This is Islam. It has not been hijacked by radicals. This is the faith, this is the religion. It is what it is. It speaks for itself.”

Islam has not changed in 1,500 years, he asserted, and added, “It is the same. It is a religion of war."

As for how Christians should approach Islam and its followers, Rev. Graham said, "I think it is very important that we do all that we can to try to share God's love with Muslims because they have no hope outside of dying in Jihad. I want them to know, you do not have to die for God. God died for us. He sent His Son to die for us.”

“We do not have to kill ourselves to please God,” he said. “I want them to know that they can have eternal life."

Last month, Rev. Graham criticized a Muslim prayer service held at the National Cathedral, an Episcopal church established by a congressional charter more than 100 years ago, in Washington, D.C.

On his Facebook page on Nov. 18, Rev. Graham said, “It’s sad to see a church open its doors to the worship of anything other than the One True God of the Bible who sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to earth to save us from our sins.”

When asked by Christian Today about that incident, Rev. Graham said he was “sad” that Muslims had “turned their back on the Cross” in the cathedral to pray to “another God.”

"The God of Islam is not the same God of the Judeo-Christian faith,” said Rev. Graham. “The God that we worship in Christianity is a God that has a Son. To Islam, that is blasphemy, to say that God has a son. Therefore, they do not worship the God that we worship."

In addition to overseeing the BGEA, Rev. Franklin Graham is the president and CEO of the international relief group Samaritan’s Purse.

In further remakrs to Christian Today, Rev. Graham said, “As followers of Jesus Christ, we ought to forge our identity in Him. I want to take my life and the time I have on this Earth to try to tell others about Jesus, that Jesus Christ is God's son who took our sins to the Cross and shed His blood for our sins. If we are willing to put faith and trust in Him, God will forgive our sins, heal our hurts and give us eternal life."

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rev-franklin-graham-islam-religion-war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by holatin(m): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
What is this one saying.
Read the Quran and understand it before opening your mouth again.
Peace be upon you.
salam
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
holatin:

What is this one saying.
Read the Quran and understand it before opening your mouth again.
Peace be upon you.
salam

Did you read what he said in the excerpt below?

He also said he wants Muslims to know there is hope beyond Jihad and that they “do not have to die for God,” but can attain “eternal life” through God’s Son, who “died for us.”

1 Like

Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by holatin(m): 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Did you read what he said in the excerpt below?

And who told you, you can die for God
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
holatin:

And who told you, you can die for God

Are you given any other assurance of salvation?
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by holatin(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Are you given any other assurance of salvation?
I think you Ve been brainwashed about the the content of the Quran. but you got it wrong.
Y haven't I kill myself if Dats d way to salvation.
I marvel at your gullibility
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by vizier007(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
that niqqa is deluded, if he has nothing to say, he should just shut the F up...
I wonder how some people reason nowadays..
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
holatin:

I think you Ve been brainwashed about the the content of the Quran. but you got it wrong.
Y haven't I kill myself if Dats d way to salvation.
I marvel at your gullibility

Then tell me what assurance of salvation the Qu'ran gives you, since you don't have the courage to kill for Allah?
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
vizier007:

that niqqa is deluded, if he has nothing to say, he should just shut the F up...

I know the OP is not PC so you can hide under that excuse.
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by holatin(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Then tell me what assurance of salvation the Qu'ran gives you, since you don't have the courage to kill for Allah?
The Qur'an suggests four pathways to salvation, belief,
works, repentance and predestination. When
discussing how one can be saved Muslims also will
mention things like intention, the intercession of the
prophets and a purgatory like state, but these are not
really separate categories but fit under one or more of
the above four. Our intentions will be taken into
account when our works are weighed, the prophet’s
intercession is part of Allah’s merciful actions, and the
idea of spending a short term in hell is payment for
our evil deeds.
The real important questions are how do all of these
relate together, and which teachings(s) is (are)
primary? At my talk in Montreal some of the Muslim
respondents emphasized faith, others works and yet
others Allah’s mercy, and a few felt one’s intentions
were of paramount importance. None believed in
predestination but this doctrine, historically, may be
the most common position held by Muslims. Probably
the average modern Muslim, however, would believe
that salvation is by works, though some modern
Muslim debaters, in response to the Christian
affirmation of salvation by grace, are particularly
starting to emphasize belief and repentance. From my
study, however, it seems clear that the Qur'an puts
works and/or predestination as the primary concept
(s). Belief then, in effect, is the first and most
important work, and repentance impacts the Balance
as a work which removes some of the weight of our
evil deeds. The issue then is this: Does Allah
predetermine all of our actions or do we freely choose
them? We will now discuss the Qur’anic teaching on
each of these pathways in some detail.
should I analyse d four pathway to salvation for you
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Dec 14, 2014
holatin:

The Qur'an suggests four pathways to salvation, belief,
works, repentance and predestination. When
discussing how one can be saved Muslims also will
mention things like intention, the intercession of the
prophets and a purgatory like state, but these are not
really separate categories but fit under one or more of
the above four. Our intentions will be taken into
account when our works are weighed, the prophet’s
intercession is part of Allah’s merciful actions, and the
idea of spending a short term in hell is payment for
our evil deeds.

It is either the idea of the purgatory is the evidence that Islam was the invention of the Vatican or that hell is the only assurance that Allah has given to all faithful Muslims.

holatin:

The real important questions are how do all of these
relate together, and which teachings(s) is (are)
primary? At my talk in Montreal some of the Muslim
respondents emphasized faith, others works and yet
others Allah’s mercy, and a few felt one’s intentions
were of paramount importance. None believed in
predestination but this doctrine, historically, may be
the most common position held by Muslims. Probably
the average modern Muslim, however, would believe
that salvation is by works, though some modern
Muslim debaters, in response to the Christian
affirmation of salvation by grace, are particularly
starting to emphasize belief and repentance. From my
study, however, it seems clear that the Qur'an puts
works and/or predestination as the primary concept
(s). Belief then, in effect, is the first and most
important work, and repentance impacts the Balance
as a work which removes some of the weight of our
evil deeds. The issue then is this: Does Allah
predetermine all of our actions or do we freely choose
them? We will now discuss the Qur’anic teaching on
each of these pathways in some detail.
should I analyse d four pathway to salvation for you

Let us see what the authentic hadith says in Vol.5 No.266 where Muhammad said the following about his fate:

"By Allah, though I am the apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me"

At least Muhammad was being sincere about his fate, not knowing what will befall him on Judgment Day. Our fate should not be played like Russian roulette.
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
vizier007:

Have you got any rejoinder to the OP? undecided
Re: Franklin Graham Unloads On Islam As A Religion Of Peace by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
Religion of peace undecided

(1) (Reply)

Two Question. / Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad / Florida:satanic Books To Be Made Available In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.