Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice (2383 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / Please, Teach Me How To Make Toast Bread / How Do I Prepare Ofada Rice And The Stew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by Yooguyz: 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
I need the recipe and steps to prepare that delicacy. Anybody with an idea?
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by SAMBARRY: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2014
Rinse and boil the rice like you do for regular rice only difference is that you have to rinse the rice extra ordinarily because ofada rice id usually filled with small small stones. As for the green soup ijebus with the ofada rice. I'll teach you that later
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by Yooguyz: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Rinse and boil the rice like you do for regular rice only difference is that you have to rinse the rice extra ordinarily because ofada rice id usually filled with small small stones. As for the green soup ijebus with the ofada rice. I'll teach you that later

Please teach me na.
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by SAMBARRY: 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yooguyz:

Please teach me na.
go to the market and buy red tomatoes and Green pepper or red pepper and Green tomatoes and onions.use manual blender to blend it . Don't ise electric blender o because you won't like the outcome.use those small red and white blender to blend it while you put add maggi and salt in your meat and pomo.put it on fire and when the

ill continue later mmy battery is almost flat
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by Yooguyz: 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
SAMBARRY:
go to the market and buy red tomatoes and Green pepper or red pepper and Green tomatoes and onions.use manual blender to blend it . Don't ise electric blender o because you won't like the outcome.use those small red and white blender to blend it while you put add maggi and salt in your meat and pomo.put it on fire and when the

ill continue later mmy battery is almost flat

Ok thank you for the little input, I await your other contributions.
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by SAMBARRY: 12:19am On Dec 21, 2014
Yooguyz:

Ok thank you for the little input, I await your other contributions.
ok continuation

when you finish using manual blender to blend the pepper, leave it in the glass then put the meat and pomo on fire . after you put it on fire, rinse the iru or locust beans and put it down

Once the meat and pomo is ready pour the water of the meat into a pot and pour the blended green pepper into the same pot . put it on fire and slice onions into it. Cover it and add moderate salt.no need of Maggi again since you have put it into the meat . While it's cooking put the burner at the lowest heat so that the pepper can properly boil

when the water is dry and you taste it and your senses tells you it's not ready add more water, add the iru inside so that everything can cook together.cover it so they can cook. Once it's ready and you're sure and your taste buds tell you it's ready. Remove it from fire then put palm oil on fire . make sure its very hot and it turns to red black, remove it and pour it into the pepper that's ready. Then add moderate water ok for the quantity and put it back on fire so that the palm oil can penetrate into the soup

Give it 35minutes to cook properly. Cover it . Once you notice the palm oil is properly cooked into the soup add the meat and pomo into it and then it's ready for consumption with offada rice. Hope you understand
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by itstpia8: 1:15am On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by dazzle5: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2014
The best way to prepare Ofada Rice:

Rinse ur Ofada rice & pour in a warm water on fire,par-boil
it.
Pour it into a sieve & give it a little wash using ur sieve to
separate d rice from stones. You'll be able to separate them
properly ds way because d stones will sink while d Rice will
float because it has bn par-boiled&now lighter than d stones.

Pour ur rice into another boiling water on fire&salt it to taste.
Give it some minutes to get cooked&dry. It ready!

Prepare a delicious stew of variety(crayfish,locust beans&
ponmo) to go with it.
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by Yooguyz: 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
SAMBARRY:
ok continuation

when you finish using manual blender to blend the pepper, leave it in the glass then put the meat and pomo on fire . after you put it on fire, rinse the iru or locust beans and put it down

Once the meat and pomo is ready pour the water of the meat into a pot and pour the blended green pepper into the same pot . put it on fire and slice onions into it. Cover it and add moderate salt.no need of Maggi again since you have put it into the meat . While it's cooking put the burner at the lowest heat so that the pepper can properly boil

when the water is dry and you taste it and your senses tells you it's not ready add more water, add the iru inside so that everything can cook together.cover it so they can cook. Once it's ready and you're sure and your taste buds tell you it's ready. Remove it from fire then put palm oil on fire . make sure its very hot and it turns to red black, remove it and pour it into the pepper that's ready. Then add moderate water ok for the quantity and put it back on fire so that the palm oil can penetrate into the soup

Give it 35minutes to cook properly. Cover it . Once you notice the palm oil is properly cooked into the soup add the meat and pomo into it and then it's ready for consumption with offada rice. Hope you understand

Thank you very much, I cooked it the way you told me but had a running stomach for 2days. Maybe I put too much spice. But thanks anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by SAMBARRY: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
Yooguyz:

Thank you very much, I cooked it the way you told me but had a running stomach for 2days. Maybe I put too much spice. But thanks anyway.
don't put too much pepper. Put moderate quantity your body can handle or maybe you didn't rinse the locust beans well. Anyway hope you sha enjoyed your Xmas . sorry I was unavailable. I was with my family doing Xmas things
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by okoji: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Yooguyz:

This had me laughing so hard

1 Like

Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by Yooguyz: 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
SAMBARRY:
don't put too much pepper. Put moderate quantity your body can handle or maybe you didn't rinse the locust beans well. Anyway hope you sha enjoyed your Xmas . sorry I was unavailable. I was with my family doing Xmas things

Now have seen the mistake I made, I did not rinse the locust beans at all. Merry xmas to you and thanks.
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by SAMBARRY: 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
Yooguyz:

Now have seen the mistake I made, I did not rinse the locust beans at all. Merry xmas to you and thanks.
haaasa don't you know it can upset your stomach/digestive system. You have to rinse the locust beans properly till the white stains go and then when you notice the water is transparent and clean. You don't see any cloudy whitish look on the water that is to tell you that the locust beans is clean

What you did is tantamount to putting raw meat on fire with the blood stains flies petching on it etc . It will affect the whole food . anyway how was your Xmas. Hope you enjoyed it
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by Yooguyz: 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
SAMBARRY:
haaasa don't you know it can upset your stomach/digestive system. You have to rinse the locust beans properly till the white stains go and then when you notice the water is transparent and clean. You don't see any cloudy whitish look on the water that is to tell you that the locust beans is clean

What you did is tantamount to putting raw meat on fire with the blood stains flies petching on it etc . It will affect the whole food . anyway how was your Xmas. Hope you enjoyed it

Yes I did, thank you very much smiley
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by SAMBARRY: 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
You welcome but the bottom line is that you know how to prepare it now? smiley
Yooguyz:

Yes I did, thank you very much smiley
Re: Someone Should Please Teach Me How To Prepare Ofada Rice by projectorz: 12:07am On Dec 31, 2014
You can actually get a fully destoned Ofada Rice. With 100% stone free guarantee. Call 08077778991, trust me its affordable. You can call her anytime of the day.

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits of Eating Rabbit Meat / Baking Soda And Baking Powder / Your Views On My Plans To Create New Seasonings/ Diets For The Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.