Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,540 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

How Well Do You Drive At Night? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Well Do You Drive At Night? (1325 Views)

SHOW OFF TIME: Let Us Know The Car You Drive And How Much You Bought It / Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? / Why Do You Drive With Your Headlights On During The Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Well Do You Drive At Night? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
Driving in the rain, I guess, is the most difficult time to drive and next to that is driving when night comes. How can one enhance his driving experience at night? Considering the fact that a lot of drivers use their full head light. I am not thinking of those WICKED white halogen lights. But are those white lights better than yellow lights. My people, what do you think?
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by waleadex(m): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
I am a more perfect driver at night than during the day. With a/c on I can drive too well in the rain. For me halogen lights are no better than the yellow bulbs. Best way to drive well at night is not to look at the lamps of approaching vehicle but to site the edge.
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
waleadex:
I am a more perfect driver at night than during the day. With a/c on I can drive too well in the rain. For me halogen lights are no better than the yellow bulbs. Best way to drive well at night is not to look at the lamps of approaching vehicle but to site the edge.

AC is meant for a quick clear of the screen, after clearing you set it up the setting that wont let the screen and windows mist
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 15, 2014
chiebube:
Driving in the rain, I guess, is the most difficult time to drive and next to that is driving when night comes. How can one enhance his driving experience at night? Considering the fact that a lot of drivers use their full head light. I am not thinking of those WICKED white halogen lights. But are those white lights better than yellow lights. My people, what do you think?

The HID (white lights) are brighter than halogen (yellow) lights. But require special headlamp case units during conversion from Halogen to HIDs so as to prevent shatter of beams and blinding oncoming drivers.
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by AutosBay(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2014
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:57am On Dec 15, 2014
lomomike:

The HID (white lights) are brighter than halogen (yellow) lights. But require special headlamp case units during conversion from Halogen to HIDs so as to prevent shatter of beams and blinding oncoming drivers.

thats a lie

if the lights are blinding others the next step is reconfigure them to point more down and bit a side

here in UK headlight are part of the MOT test aka roadworth test if there are out of position they fail and they have to be reset by a machine

if you didnt know every headlamp has part for reposition the beam
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by abatically(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

thats a lie

if the lights are blinding others the next step is reconfigure them to point more down and bit a side

here in UK headlight are part of the MOT test aka roadworth test if there are out of position they fail and they have to be reset by a machine

I don't see any lies here. Using HID xenon bulbs on a casing not designed for HID is waste of time and the result will be shattered light that is blinding to upcoming drivers and at the end of the day the visibility will end up poorer than normal halogen lamps. Been there, done that.

This is not to say halogen lamps are better, but if u must use HID it must be with the right casing. I see a lot of people using HID xenon ligts on 1999 Camry and trust me the result is abysmal.
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

thats a lie

What's the lie there?
Before you put me off, take time to read through

www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

oppositelock.jalopnik.com/headlights-explained-1262237738

local.dexknows.com/pros-and-cons-of-hid-headlights/
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
All of you above are all liars!! tongue

This is the best form of light to use at night. . put in ur head lamp and you will see 1km ahead. grin

Source: chaidarisgodooo.com

Mean while the topic is how well do you drive at night.

I do most of my very long trips at night, I prefer the night travel (just you, ur God and the bois on the road). I've tried the halogen lamps but they didn't work out well, switched back to regular bulbs.
Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
lomomike:

What's the lie there?
Before you put me off, take time to read through

www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

oppositelock.jalopnik.com/headlights-explained-1262237738

local.dexknows.com/pros-and-cons-of-hid-headlights/

yes you lied

like i said what needs done is readjusting the focus

so after fitting the HID lights you need the focus to be readjusted and the video showed you how out of focus was HID but they didnt mention anything about refocusing which is what is supposed to be done

Re: How Well Do You Drive At Night? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

yes you lied

like i said what needs done is readjusting the focus

so after fitting the HID lights you need the focus to be readjusted and the video showed you how out of focus was HID but they didnt mention anything about refocusing which is what is supposed to be done

I don't know who is being misled, you or the OP. Let me correct you here and now. Adjusting the aim of a retrofitted lamp will do little or nothing to normalize it. A casing, lens and reflective surface meant for halogen lights may NOT have a cut off, a casing, lens and reflective surface designed for HID will always have cut off.

Cut off is meant to prevent glares, and throw the beams on the road (observe all vehicles with OEM HID lights at night).

Installing HID in a halogen lamp casing won't shine and illuminate down the road, rather it will produce glare.

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Overheating Of Honda Eod / One Word For This Bus (pics) / Honda 2002 (EOD) AC Evaporator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.