Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols (10216 Views)

Things To Consider When Choosing An Event Venue / How To Become An Event Planner In Nigeria / Ex-corp Member Weeps In Court When Asked To Show Her Private Part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by allisonluvsu(m): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
Get up leave
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by adepiero: 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
I will stand up and leave the event. that means I am not recognized undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by OnyeEgo1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
Shey na my papa seat, d way i go commot eh lol

1 Like

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by dhamstar(m): 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
If it con happen I go stand up laye laye
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by condralbede(m): 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nobody fit do am to me,that's why I usually occupy my normal position in a party.... last end back seatgrincheesy
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Olutola88(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Any right-thinking and properly educated person will stand and respect himself. There's nothing bad in leaving a seat because it was reserved. I will gently leave the seat cos I know they will reserve seats for me too in the nearest future. The only thing that will make my head touch is if the usher is not polite about it.

1 Like

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by buoye1(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mayb politely depending on how the fellow approaches me!
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
When I used to be a boy I will quietly change seat, but for now I will leave the occasion. All invited guests are equal minding you do not sit in positions (high table) meant for important guests or dignitaries when not called upon. When seating with the rest I see no reason one should be asked to stand up for a so-called "special guest" to sit down. Once a person is invited to an occasion, he should be respected as such. I support what the guy did, I will do same by walking out. #never go to places whr you are not invited#
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by onadana: 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
You no get eye before you go siddon there

2 Likes

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Rapsainot(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tallesty1:
Luke 14: 8-11 “When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

no one could have said it bettet

That Young Man Is Not A Christian walahi.
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by superfavour(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
patrickdarlins:

for me...i will just stand up and go to the nearest available seat...with style..Lols...

i was in a wedding ceremony last week-end..when a guy was asked to leave the seat he was occupying for other dignitaries...the guy just flair up...."conversation"..

USHER:...please sir..can you take the next seat..

GUY MAN:..wetin happen??

USHER:...these seats are for guest..

GUY MAN:...wetin i be??ghost??abi u nor well ni??..i nor be human being??because say i no wear suit now..i nor be guest for ur eyes abi??i belike who con wash plate for here??....abeg free me jor..

USHER:....please kindly leave sir..or we would be forced to force you out...
(all eyes were now on that location were there is commotion..that whole area was getting tensed up)

GUY MAN:...dey smart oo...na ordinary usher u be here..u just de show urself...(and he was already standing up from the seat)see him bend waist...be like bonga fish..bla bla bla bla.......

after creating scenes..he still stood up and went out straight because he couldn't bear the embarrassment... and all eyes were on him as he walked out in anger and in shame...i just felt sorry for the guy...

then i was like...he should have just stood up quietly and grab the next seat peacefully ...instead of those drama...

if it were to be you...what would have be your reaction and your responds.....getting up quietly or doing worse of what guy man did....

and when being asked to leave a seat...in church..wedding...or any sort of an event...HOW DID YOU FEEL...??

SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE...
.....SNOW......

It has never happened to me tho. At that situation,will just smile and get another seat
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by englishmart(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tallesty1:
Luke 14: 8-11 “When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

this is not about Christianity. It's not every Christian that reads the bible. Even if they do, they might not have come across those verses you just quoted
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by suretman(m): 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
Wow

Or WAW soap?
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by killercute16(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Boomboost:
Do like say u get phone call, comot outside, come back inside and seat somewhere else.
Sharp

1 Like

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by ask4grace(m): 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
In fact I will not be asked to leave the seat because I have made it my way that when I get to a occasion I should stay in ordinary place
Just last week Saturday I was invited to a wedding. At the reception I sat behind when they ushers insist that I come to the high position and I felt good for the honor though I still prefer my location and previous seat
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Emodeee: 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
[quote
author=mayapop post=28932546]if it's for an elderly
person, i'll keep my cool and move on to another seat, if it's just for
someone i don't find respectful, then we'll deal with the shiit ryt
there
[/quote]

u sound lyk sm1 who will lyk trouble.
wah will it tk u to just leave quietly? it will save u a lot.
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by synoble(m): 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
maturity is d key here.....kindly obey the ushers ..bt after takin the seat ...speak ur mind to the usher....
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tallesty1:

but Christianity never said one should be insulted. Mind you, we were never told the guy sat on the high table meant for important guests. He only sat whr others sat and should be respected.
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by priscaoge(f): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
mayapop:
if it's for an elderly person, i'll keep my cool and move on to another seat, if it's just for someone i don't find respectful, then we'll deal with the shiit ryt there

*Rolls on the floor* cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Omo no sentiments cheesy cheesy
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
priscaoge:

*Rolls on the floor* cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Omo no sentiments cheesy cheesy
lol! grin this one is no sentiment
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Emodeee: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tinubu
post=28932564:

I will ask for my portion of the Jollof rice. After all,
that's the major reason why I am even there in the first place.

Once my Jollof has been served, I will make a dignified exit...

i guess ya naje is EBINA
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
Emodeee:

u sound lyk sm1 who will lyk trouble.
wah will it tk u to just leave quietly? it will save u a lot.
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
I do not like embarrassment! I'll quietly stand up and occupy the next seat or take my leave.
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by priscaoge(f): 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tallesty1:

Tallesty1 goes spiritual cheesy cheesy......I Love this...

1 Like

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Pamcrest(f): 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
If I was in d wrong, I would respect myself n leave. But God help that usher if there was nothing to indicate that d seat was even reserved in d first place, I won't move (I'm stubborn like that) but I won't get into any arguments with her. Anyway, d way u comport yourself (appearance and manner of talking) determines how people approach u.
My experience: I was on a plane seated comfortably beside my man gisting. Few minutes later, this guy barks at me that I was occupying his seat. His choice of words n tone just stirred my utmost anger. When I gave my carefully worded stinging response, the guy's eyes popped out of their sockets and rendered him speechless. He recovered n summoned d air hostess who asked for his boarding pass n politely motioned him to d other side of d aisle. It turned out he had made a mistake. He looked my way to apologise but I just ignored him n looked d other way. My man later asked me if I didn't recognize the guy....turned out he is a well known Chief of staff to one serving Governor....like I care!
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by oloworulz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
It depends on the reason given. If it's reasonable , then am up. Who knows, they might not serve Amala under my tent
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by priscaoge(f): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
mayapop:
lol! grin this one is no sentiment

I swear cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by hyfr(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
holatin:
I go stand up, do some fake incantation on the seat and spat a little saliva on the chair am very sure YOU KNOW THE RESULT THAT,WILL BREED
BLOOD you murdered D english.. "And SPAT A LITTLE SALIVA". Pls which university produced you, they ought to be flogged or is just u
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by abiolag(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'll just quietly stand up and find a beta place. wu knws, it might b blessing in disguise (beta food service @ d new seat) grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
God bless you richly.
The word of God is complete.
Tallesty1:

Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
I don't even attend wedding ceremonies except family members and close friends. But if I'm ask to stand up for some1 to sit (tho i don't see it happening in anyway i believe in dress the way you want people to address you) but if the usher try to embarrass me, ℓ'll gently leave †̥H̲̣̣̣̥ǝ̥̥ occasion. ' i ve gat no time to waste. When i should be somewhere probably making money, i sacrificed my time den one ediotic usher go cme try to humiliate me in public. Na God go punish am. But if ℓ want to be stubborn i no go anywhere oo, i go tell d usher say i get level pass am, by the time the celebrant tell am to leave me there e no get say again na.
Re: When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols by blessedapple: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
merits:
i will grumble and remain seated,then ready to fight.

To fight who, ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Your Next Occassiong And Event For Contemporary/gospel Juju Plus Alujo / The Xfactor Nigeria Tv Show Audition Has Started / 1.7M Naira Reception Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.