Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,722 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf (44018 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by thepathoma(m): 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
Guys listen up, its just achondroplasia (an FGF3 mutation, that's Fibroblast Growth Factor --» coding required for development of the bones)...some studies have proven it to be linked with advanced paternal age 50,60 thereabout (I not pointing fingers here pls)...at least thank God its not Thanatophoric dwarfism...
My humble advise to the parents--» Accept the child for who he is cos he's created for a purpose. Rejecting him isn't the best move.

Respect The Pathoma. Signed.

1 Like

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by litetias(m): 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
is the child not a human being? U dnt knw if this baby will bring blessings into ur family.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by TrishaP(f): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
LaRoyalHighness:
Are albinos not babies? What an insensitive thing to say.
My reasons are unknown for that comment and I'll reserve them.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by fsb(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Still trying to figure out the significance of this story. The woman had a still birth and the baby appeared to have been abnormal.

The doctor who diagnosed achondroplasia also noted that the disorder was autosomal recessive which is like saying 'hot oil is cold'...

That aside, I think it's important to accept your child regardless of any physical/genetic defects. To do otherwise would be plain irresponsible...
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Niseamaka(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
Bigflamie:
Is dwarf not a human being?
Silly words coming from a mother, I hope she won't end up killing the child.

Some dwarfs are very successful
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Bigflamie(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Gofwane:
pls sir, are you a dwarf?
Lol. You can check that yourself

1 Like

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by chiedu7: 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
HOW DEM CARRY SABI BABY NA DWARF ALREADY?

EIN DON GROW?
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by milky3(f): 12:13am On Dec 16, 2014
cococandy:
they are midgets not dwarves. There's a slight difference.
Midgets are proportionate dwarves while regular dwarf dwarves are disproportionate. With very muscular bodies and big heads.
noted btw the OP said dwarf not midget
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 16, 2014
cococandy:
ignorance is a real disease.

No doubt there.

You're stunning btw smiley
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by cococandy(f): 12:56am On Dec 16, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

]You're Stunning btw smiley]
thank you kiss

3 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Ishilove: 2:52am On Dec 16, 2014
fsb:
Still trying to figure out the significance of this story. The woman had a still birth and the baby appeared to have been abnormal.

The doctor who diagnosed achondroplasia also noted that the disorder was autosomal recessive which is like saying 'hot oil is cold'...

That aside, I think it's important to accept your child regardless of any physical/genetic defects. To do otherwise would be plain irresponsible...
Most people failed to read the post properly.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Highbruno: 6:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Bigflamie:
Big flamie,dis 1 wey u dey tk d mata so personal,hope say u no be dwarf.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Highbruno: 6:07am On Dec 16, 2014
Judging by d comments I read am not wrong if I say we 've got a lot of dwarves on Nairaland.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by AfricanApple(f): 6:39am On Dec 16, 2014
jacabi:

Chai! Kilode?
who knows, anything could have happened. why would she ne calling on enemies.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by uhuns: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2014
DNA.......... Test
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by emmanugo: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2014
Djicemob:
You know na! The husband might be a learner grin
lolz...na u b d learner... Ask me y u 1 sabi
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by gogodaye(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2014
The Bayelsa state government if it really is up and doing should take that child out of the custody of its parents.......I have just heard both father and mother lay the foundation from their comments for them to attempt to do something untoward to their baby..... now being described as that thing.......having bad dreams.......finally it would be labeled a witch.......and no one in the community would give a damn about what ever happens to the baby's life...
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by mechanics(m): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
lalasticlala:
The joy and excitement that comes with childbirth is absent to the family of Frances Omgbolo when his wife gave birth to a dwarf baby.

It was gathered that the woman, 26, who was rushed to the labour room, came with full term pregnancy and was later delivered of a dwarf.

A source at the hospital said Omgbolo, a 41-year- old civil servant from Obrigbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, was thrown into confusion when he learnt that his wife has given birth to a dwarf, describing it as mysterious

Reacting to the unusual experience, Mrs. Omgbolo said she was shocked at the sight of the baby. According to her: “What I saw as a baby, I could not believe I carried it for nine months. Never in my life have I seen a thing like this. This is my third pregnancy. I have three children, my first pregnancy was twins without any form of dwarfism. I don’t know where this is coming from. Since the outset of this pregnancy, I have had several challenges, including bad dreams. It is the handiwork of my enemies. But I thank God I am strong after delivery.”

Speaking to our correspondent, Dr. Chuks Obonodi and Dr. Ekene Okwuje of the Bomadi General Hospital, where the woman gave birth, described the condition as Achonodroplasia (a baby with short limb).

The medical personnel explained that the woman who had a still birth about noon on the fateful day presented complications known as footing breach presentation with excessive amniotic fluid.

On dwarfism, Dr. Okwuje explained: “It is a genetic problem amongst parents with recessive genes. It only exhibits when both parents have the traits.”

http://leadership.ng/news/395288/bizarre-husband-wife-shock-giving-birth-dwarf
she should accept d baby in good faith, while some people are looking for baby, dey ave nt seen, so she shud tank God almighty 4 d safe delivery.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Curvinus(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Bigflamie:

"The medical personnel explained that the woman who had a still birth about noon on the fateful"......
The key word here is "still birth", meaning the baby was born dead...Can you not read? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by SleekyPosh(m): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lianaluv:
You got me ROFLMAO. Chai u ar damn funny.

Picture or video of U actually Rolling on the floor and laffin ur ass out or we don't bliv it cheesy
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by sweetgala(m): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
Phoenix411:

NO pls, dats nt called mutation, i think it is caused by d hyposecretion of d growth homone in d pituitrin gland. hypersecretion of ds causes GIANGATISM (prdtn of long bones & larger body parts) while hyposecretion of same causes dwarfism

"Mutation" A birth defect
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by sweetgala(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ishilove:

I wonder if Nigerians read at all. The bolded means the baby died, probably because of the complications.

A 'still birth' means a baby born dead.

I read that but the manner in which the author included the information made me doubt , I just ignored it
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Phoenix411: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=bushdoc9919 post=28908314]

There are several types of dwarfisim....and achondroplasia is just one of them....as is hypopitutiary secretion

From Wikipedia....Achondroplasia

[i]Achondroplasia /eɪˌkɒndrɵˈpleɪziə/ is a common cause of dwarfism. It occurs as a sporadic mutation in approximately 80% of cases (associated with advanced paternal age) or may be inherited as an autosomal dominant genetic disorder.

People with achondroplasia have short stature, with an average adult height of 131 centimeters (52 inches) for males and 123 centimeters (48 inches) for females. Achondroplastic adults are known to be as short as 62.8 cm (24.7 in). The disorder is caused by a change in the gene for fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 (FGFR3), which causes an abnormality of cartilage formation. If both parents of a child have achondroplasia, and both parents pass on the mutant gene, then it is very unlikely that the homozygous child will live past a few months of its life. The prevalence is approximately 1 in 25,000

u are on point
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
Marc9:
It's a clear case of 'Achondroplasia'. It's a genetic disorder.

Well, the condition is genetically dorminant(nt recessive as reported). Gene mutation occurred in one of the two parents.

They should look on the bright side. "MI" is faring well in the music industry, isn't he?
dafuq?! MI? a dwarf? every short person is now a dwarf?

mehn I give up!
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
booqee:
dafuq?! MI? a dwarf? every short person is now a dwarf?

mehn I give up!
Noone said MI is a dwarf. I was only trying to buttress the point that one's height has no part to play in one's success in life!
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by emmanugo: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
gogodaye:
The Bayelsa state government if it really is up and doing should take that child out of the custody of its parents.......I have just heard both father and mother lay the foundation from their comments for them to attempt to do something untoward to their baby..... now being described as that thing.......having bad dreams.......finally it would be labeled a witch.......and no one in the community would give a damn about what ever happens to the baby's life...
read tru d lines...d baby didnt surviv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank / My Wife Starves Me Of Sex / 10 Family Members Locked In Cage In Bayelsa Over Land Dispute (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.