Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? (11529 Views)

Twin Brothers Play Best Man Role At Wedding (photos) / ~ How Many Times Have You Been A Bridesmaid:Best Man:Maid Of Honour:Usher/ette? / Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Akbee(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
good best men do the best they can.shey u no get money.?use handkerchief to clean his sweaty face .
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by gbaskiboy: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
AmiableJay:
!
na wa for u oooooo
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by kajoula(m): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hemanwel:
15 views,1 comment.
Guys,do not just view and leave nah!Please say something!
*Be his companion throughout the day,go handy with some alcohol for him to keep fit
*He seats behind while you drive him to and from church to the reception or wharever,befor he finally leaves with the wife.
*Keep/safeguard the wedding ring and provide it to them when needed.(on this naija guys dnt trust themselves)
*Crack jokes with him in other to calm his nerves,men can be furious on this day.
*Lastly .......in your own knowledge,Tell him what marriage is all about,to Tolerate,be Sensitive,be prayerfull,calm,practicalise and ask for his wife's opinion on everything he's about to do.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Beesluv: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Bestman is there to hookup with the bestlady
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by okiezman(m): 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
LoL na to follow the groom for back and be eyeing the chief bridesmaid undecided
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by busayochic: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
1.To arrange Bachelors eve
2.make sure there are plenty girls and booze at the Bachelors eve
3.the remaining duties are secondary
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by EnOuGh90(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
:oHahah na all dis tniz only 1person go do...Na him kill Jesus ..abegi
Francon:
Responsibilities.....

Serve as the groom's personal aide and adviser before and during the wedding. This can
include helping him pack for the honeymoon (the valet part).
Help the groom choose and rent (or buy) wedding formalwear, and coordinate the other
groomsmen's rentals. You guys are supposed to match, after all! You may be expected
to arrange accommodations for out-of-town groomsmen.
Organize the bachelor party. Don't be shy about enlisting other groomsmen to help you
out -- most guys don't mind this duty! Put financial worries out of your mind -- the
cost should be split among everyone who attends the bash.
Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner with the bride and groom and all the other
attendants. This is your chance to figure out how you're supposed to walk down that
aisle.
Stand beside the groom at the altar and keep the bride's ring until vows are exchanged.
Find a safe place for the ring (and triple check that your pockets don't have holes) --
you don't want to fumble around when it's time to whip it out.
Corral the other guys and make sure they're performing their groomsman duties.
Sign the marriage license as a witness after the ceremony, along with the maid of honor.
Give the officiant a sealed envelope with his or her fee (the groom's responsibility) just
after the ceremony.
You may be announced with the maid of honor when the reception begins.
Dance with both the honor attendant and the bride during the wedding party dances.
Give the first toast to the bride and groom at the reception. This is your biggest -- and
probably most frightening duty.
Collect any gift envelopes guests bring to the reception. You may be asked to deposit
them in the couple's bank account or at least to keep them until the couple returns from
their honeymoon.
Decorate the getaway mobile. Grab the other groomsmen and the bridesmaids for this
one.
Drive the couple to the wedding-night hotel or airport after the reception. If you
perform this service, you'll need to stay sober throughout the reception. If you have a
feeling this may not be possible, hire a car to drive the couple into the sunset.
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Jobpostboard: 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
I need to know this
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by happyzed0(f): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
Make ugo home wif d chief. Bride man
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Infomizer(m): 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hemanwel:
A friend of mine is wedding his long-time hearthrob this coming saturday,20th december,and yours sincerely has been chosen to be the Best Man.So,I thought I would use this reliable forum to get myself prepared.
Please nairalanders,what are the things expected of me as the Best Man?Is it compulsory that I give financial support alongside the physical and moral support that would be given?

Thanks for your anticipated responses.
If you're the best man, then why is she marrying the groom grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by killercute16(m): 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Francon:
Responsibilities.....

Serve as the groom's personal aide and adviser before and during the wedding. This can
Help the groom choose and rent (or buy) wedding formalwear, and coordinate the other
groomsmen's rentals. You guys are supposed to match, after all! You may be expected
Organize the bachelor party. Don't be shy about enlisting other groomsmen to help you
out -- most guys don't mind this duty! Put financial worries out of your mind -- the
Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner with the bride and groom and all the other
attendants. This is your chance to figure out how you're supposed to walk down that
aisle.
Stand beside the groom at the altar and keep the bride's ring until vows are exchanged.
Find a safe place for the ring (and triple check that your pockets don't have holes) --
Sign the marriage license as a witness after the ceremony, along with the maid of honor.
Give the officiant a sealed envelope with his or her fee (the groom's responsibility) just
after the ceremony.
Dance with both the honor attendant and the bride during the wedding party dances.
Give the first toast to the bride and groom at the reception. This is your biggest -- and
Collect any gift envelopes guests bring to the reception. You may be asked to deposit
them in the couple's bank account or at least to keep them until the couple returns from
their honeymoon.
Decorate the getaway mobile. Grab the other groomsmen and the bridesmaids for this
one.
Drive the couple to the wedding-night hotel or airport after the reception. If you
perform this service, you'll need to stay sober throughout the reception. If you have a
feeling this may not be possible, hire a car to drive the couple into the sunset.
wow
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
You re his eyes and ears. He'll definately have an organising committee chairman, but u're the one who will run d little errands for him, wipe the sweat off his face. If the wedding is done in a church, u'll open the bible verses for him as they re quoted. In short, the only work he's suppose to do on that day is to walk himself around, put the wedding ring on his wife's finger and probably dance with his wife. All other things fall on you!
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Kirinwa: 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hemanwel:
15 views,1 comment.
Guys,do not just view and leave nah!Please say something!

Well from the little experience I have the bestman is the custodian of the rings.Its your duty to ensure it enters the hall and protect it with your life.

To clean the sweats of the groom and encourage and reassure him.

To ensure nothing evil happens to the groom even if it means taking a bullet for him.

To receive gifts on behalf of the couple.
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Kirinwa: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Swker:
If u have any financial support unwanted to offer then do so, its not compulsory and again you have to help attend to most of the groom calls like attention to close friends and receiving of envelops. Just make sure he doesn't stress himself so much. More so make ur relationship with the bride's maid to be formal.

Formal ko? Op if you serve the bridegroom well then your reward is in the chief bridesmaid but if you fukup in service then you better drown yourself in booze.
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Stephxoblessed(f): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
His responsibility is to look for a wife
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by vajose1: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
lol.... this respondent is such a bum.
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Hemanwel(m): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Francon:
Responsibilities.....

aisle.
after the ceremony.
their honeymoon.
one.
All these by the Best ManChineke na God oh!
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Hemanwel(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
braine:
Errrmm.... You need to be 100% detailed about the wedding program and have the master plan of everything. Know who handles what. In addendum, you are to be besides him and give assistance as at when needed; answer his calls at this period (for security reason e.g threat), calm them down when tension arises etc

Your major duty is to be at alert: be ready to grab your friend should he try to bail out of the wedding at the last minute.
Lolss..
You're joking,right??
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Hemanwel(m): 5:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nmeri17:
consummating the marriage if the groom is drunk and/or unable to perform his duties wink
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Hemanwel(m): 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
akinsadeez:
- do all the running around and preparations with the groom.

- During engagement you will be one of those to prostrate with the groom to the family of the bride.

- During the wedding, many people always look for the groom with all manner of issues. You serve as the last point of contact before meeting the groom. Thus you can handle most of the issues such that the groom can concentrate on the wedding itself and only has to deal with the absolutely necessary ones.

- You take pictures with the couple throughout the wedding

- You might be called to give a speech about the couple during the wedding reception.

-The wedding train of which u r a part should dance with the couple during the reception.

- You will also spend money. For example, if its a Yoruba wedding, the Alaga of the engagement might tell you they have detained the groom, and you should pay for his release among other sundry fees. (its always fun though)

- At the end of the wedding, you should go home with the chief bridesmaid. grin
That giving of speech part...na there wahala go dey oh!Not ready for that AT ALL!
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Hemanwel(m): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
aikluck007:

*here are 4 major fxns of a best man*

1. Throw him a crazy bachelor's eve bash cheesy
2. Clean his face with a handky when he's sweating, cos e go sweat die that day grin
3. Hit on and probably bleep the maid of honour wink
4. I have no idea what I'm saying tongue
You must be high on Paw Paw leaf!
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by MrRhymes101(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
Francon:
Responsibilities.....

aisle.
after the ceremony.
their honeymoon.
one.
comprehensive!!! Have MCd a lot of wedding receptions and have always thought d only job of a best man (apart 4rm d follow follow job) was to make a toast.... Guess this should solve the OP's problem
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Hemanwel(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2014
MrRhymes101:
comprehensive!!! Have MCd a lot of wedding receptions and have always thought d only job of a best man (apart 4rm d follow follow job) was to make a toast.... Guess this should solve the OP's problem
Bro,this is probably where you will be of immense help to me.How can I achieve that?Please fill me in.
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by MrRhymes101(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hemanwel:
Bro,this is probably where you will be of immense help to me.How can I achieve that?Please fill me in.
I have been frnds wit d groom since 1942... He is such a nice n straight forward person... He introduced me 2 d bride 100yrs ago and I knew they were going to go far cos of the way he always talks about her n she is d only person dat makes him smile b4 he picks his calls so any time his fone rings n he starts smiling I will knw she is d1 calling (+ any oda hype u can tink of. Jst be brief n try nt 2 be too formal so dat d gals there can be blushing on behalf of d bride as u talk).....finally, let's mk a toast 2 long lyf, good health, beautiful children, bla bla bla (expect 2 hear "amen" at d mention of each wish 4 dem)....nw pour sm wine in ur glass or disposable cup n clink wit d couple who should still have a glass infront of dem after feeding themselves or u step down from d stage to clink with anybody so others can do same....open d wine b4 u start so u have a bottle of wine on 1 hand n d mic on d oda bt if its more convenient 4 u den u can pour sm in a glass n hold d glass n d mic.....a lot of gals there wud see u as a potential groom after dat so shine thy eyes...goodluck
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Best Man? by Hemanwel(m): 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
MrRhymes101:
I have been frnds wit d groom since 1942... He is such a nice n straight forward person... He introduced me 2 d bride 100yrs ago and I knew they were going to go far cos of the way he always talks about her n she is d only person dat makes him smile b4 he picks his calls so any time his fone rings n he starts smiling I will knw she is d1 calling (+ any oda hype u can tink of. Jst be brief n try nt 2 be too formal so dat d gals there can be blushing on behalf of d bride as u talk).....finally, let's mk a toast 2 long lyf, good health, beautiful children, bla bla bla (expect 2 hear "amen" at d mention of each wish 4 dem)....nw pour sm wine in ur glass or disposable cup n clink wit d couple who should still have a glass infront of dem after feeding themselves or u step down from d stage to clink with anybody so others can do same....open d wine b4 u start so u have a bottle of wine on 1 hand n d mic on d oda bt if its more convenient 4 u den u can pour sm in a glass n hold d glass n d mic.....a lot of gals there wud see u as a potential groom after dat so shine thy eyes...goodluck
I am so grateful for this,man!Thanks loads!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eminent Philanthropists Win Big As 2022 Nigeria Philanthropy Award Holds / The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner / Tyra Banks Big Big Birthday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.