Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS (6752 Views)

Nigeria Inflation Soars To Almost Four-year High Of 12.8% / Nigeria's Inflation Surges To Three Year High Of 11.4% - Bloomberg / Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
ok
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by 1stola: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
FOOLS WITH FOOLISH STATISTICS.
GEJ TILL 2015.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by miteolu(m): 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Inflation always on paper
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by goldfish27(m): 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Story for D gods.....lie lie pple
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by funken: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
There was a time some 5yrs ago or so that a bag of rice was 5k now its 10k. If they say inflation figures are reducing, then we should see corresponding reduction in the prices of these commodities? How come we are not seeing these? 5k to 10k is 200% increase o...

Don't know where these figures keep popping up from. Mmmmm....cooking figures since the time of Jesus Christ..
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by GodsKate: 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mtn DATA BUNDLES for smart phones (androids, windows, BB Z10, BB Q3,...) and via modems at cheaper rates, VALID FOR 30DAYS.

MTN; 
1GB - N1,200  (or 1,300 MTN airtime)
2GB - N2,400 (or 2,500 MTN airtime)
3GB - N3,600  (or 3,800 MTN airtime)
5GB - N6,000 (or 6,200 MTN airtime)
10GB - N11,800 (or 12,000 MTN airtime)

ETISALAT:
250MB - N400 (or 500 etisalat airtime)
500MB - N700 (or 900 airtime)
650MB - N800 (or 1,000 airtime)
1GB - N1,400 (or 1,500 airtime)
2GB - N2,600 (or 2,800 airtime)
3GB - N3,900 (no airtime option)

Your line is credited with data automatically after payment.

EITHER make your payment via bank deposit or ATM/online transfer, afterwards send us the number to be credited with the data bundle.
OR pay via recharge card: (see differences in price list), buy the recharge card and send us the recharge card pin.

To Check data balance-
On Mtn dial *461*7#
Or text DATABALANCE to 131
On Etisalat dial *229*9#

for order and inquiries, please sms, call or whatsapp 08032719286

https://www.nairaland.com/2027318/mtn-etisalat-data-bundles-cheaper
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by ibson99(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
How does this change the price of garri in the market?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by gsainttrinity(m): 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Temihatz:
#Confirmed I'm really sorry for this country. How on earth did they get those figures. It is only in Nigeria you see figures in papers which are directly opposite d real life situation.
Most countries/economies, there's always tradeoff btw inflation and unemployment i.e when inflation is low, unemployment will be high and vice versa.
This country we aren't experiencing any of that, instead we are experiencing what they called STAGFLATION where we have high rate of inflation combined with high rate of unemployment.
Can someone tell me the value of #1000 note? If you think it is money, take off #5 and see for yourself what #995 naira can buy; Then you will know what I'm talking about.
Bloody lairs angry

you no get sense at all... SMH

how does inflation stats affect currency valuation?

Do you even know what statistics is all about?
It is a systematic collection of datas and informations.
The last time i checked, the price for garri has not double since naira started selling for 180 for 1 dollar. Check your facts well and quite all these uneccesary antagonism

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Akpasomething: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
gsainttrinity:

you no get sense at all... SMH

how does inflation stats affect currency valuation?

Do you even know what statistics is all about?
It is a systematic collection of datas and informations.
The last time i checked, the price for garri has not double since naira started selling for 180 for 1 dollar. Check your facts well and quite all these uneccesary antagonism

Don't mind these naysayers!!!

We're in the 3rd week of December and the prices of foodstuffs have remained relatively stable..
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by ducii: 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Temihatz:
#Confirmed I'm really sorry for this country. How on earth did they get those figures. It is only in Nigeria you see figures in papers which are directly opposite d real life situation.
Most countries/economies, there's always tradeoff btw inflation and unemployment i.e when inflation is low, unemployment will be high and vice versa.
This country we aren't experiencing any of that, instead we are experiencing what they called STAGFLATION where we have high rate of inflation combined with high rate of unemployment.
Can someone tell me the value of #1000 note? If you think it is money, take off #5 and see for yourself what #995 naira can buy; Then you will know what I'm talking about.
Bloody lairs angry

Sorry please where did you study your own Economics. Where in the world does low inflation=high unemployment rate.
That means the unemployment rate in Japan should be very high.

what are you smoking please?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by henryobinna(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
musicwriter:
I have no idea where they pull this beautiful stats all the time. Naira to a Dollar is now N180 to $1
mr.man one dollar currently is 178.75 naira

so I also wonder where you pulled your conversion rate from
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Scholes007(m): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
1stola:
FOOLS WITH FOOLISH STATISTICS.
GEJ TILL 2015.
pls what is inflation?...brilliant one
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Adelaide2: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
Now this is styypid. What is the difference between 8.1 and 7.9?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by kingGoldust(m): 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Abi una dey craze ni ? Where things never cheap. Our food stuff never drop price una con dey talk about inflation drop .chai naija people wake up , we don ja .let them know .
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by kingGoldust(m): 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
ducii:

Sorry please where did you study your own Economics. Where in the world does low inflation=high unemployment rate.
That means the unemployment rate in Japan should be very high.

what are you smoking please?

Na Igbo dem dey smoke
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by gsainttrinity(m): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Akpasomething:

Don't mind these naysayers!!!

We're in the 3rd week of December and the prices of foodstuffs have remained relatively stable..

Very obvious my Brother and this is not even November.
Nigerians love to base their discourse on sentiments. I jus don't know why.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by musicwriter(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
henryobinna:
mr.man one dollar currently is 178.75 naira

so I also wonder where you pulled your conversion rate from

As long as you're happy for the Naira at N178.75 to $1 that says much about your unpatriotism for your country.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by gsainttrinity(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
ibson99:
How does this change the price of garri in the market?

That's what we are saying na Akpors. The price of Garri has not change. You can soak your ijebu garri and and groundnut for 50 naira and still get change that is if you stay in my area in wafi. Lol
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by rman: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
funken:
There was a time some 5yrs ago or so that a bag of rice was 5k now its 10k. If they say inflation figures are reducing, then we should see corresponding reduction in the prices of these commodities? How come we are not seeing these? 5k to 10k is 200% increase o...

Don't know where these figures keep popping up from. Mmmmm....cooking figures since the time of Jesus Christ..

Prices will not come down because what is being discussed is rate of inflation which simply means the rate at which prices of goods and services go up has reduced.

Prices are still going up, but not as fast at it used to be.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Another voodoo statistics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by henryobinna(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
musicwriter:

As long as you're happy for the Naira at N178.75 to $1 that says much about your unpatriotism for your country.
oga am not happy but that won't compel me to give wrong data/information because I want to be 'patriotic'..

I tell you if patriotism entails giving wrong informations... damn it.. I don't wanna be patriotic.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by 1stola: 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Scholes007:

Go and ask NOI and GEJ na
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Tibins(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
musicwriter:
I have no idea where they pull this beautiful stats all the time. Naira to a Dollar is now N180 to $1

Bros, the price indices are gotten directly from prices of goods / services in various markets across the country....like mile 12 in Lagos. No fictions
Reason this is happening is increasing investment in Agricultural sector & sub sectors.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by HugeMac: 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
LordCenturion:
OH MY GOD,GMB has a lot of work to do.....haters will cry in otuoke town in February

coming soon "GMB"
hmmm Kid
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by HugeMac: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Scholes007:

OLODO
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by LordCenturion(m): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
HugeMac:
hmmm Kid

Unhn old man

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Scholes007(m): 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
HugeMac:
OLODO
that's not a way to answer a question pls...stop being uncouth...I jst wanted him to knw that devaluation of naira has nothing to do with inflation(directly). inflation deals with rate of change in price of commodities correct me if am wrong the rate of change in prices in recent years has been coming down...Example in 2006 if you buy a biscuit 5naira in Jan. you will likely buy same biscuits 10naira in july...
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by BankManager(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
ducii:

you don come oooo
Lol..My nigga
wink
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Xano(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
FemoLondon:
Single digit inflation is GREAT progress.
The other two indicators that should improve are the HDI and Per Capita GDP for the common man to feel the effect of an improving economy.
True.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by HugeMac: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
Scholes007:

that's not a way to answer a question pls...stop being uncouth...I jst wanted him to knw that devaluation of naira has nothing to do with inflation(directly). inflation deals with rate of change in price of commodities correct me if am wrong the rate of change in prices in recent years has been coming down...Example in 2006 if you buy a biscuit 5naira in Jan. you will likely buy same biscuits 10naira in july...
SORRY ! You are a Learned guy
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS by Ambrogio(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
LordCenturion:

just look at yourself,myopic and dyslexic wuss

You know what they say about silence and fools...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should CBN Be Intervening In Forex Market? Financial Experts Speak / Direct Bank Savings / 9jagold.com Q&A - Get Instant Support Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.