Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas (6788 Views)

9 Ways To Protect Your ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria / 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online / How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by 24hoursreporter: 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
It is a tradition among Nigerian traders to increase the price of goods and services during Christmas.

As a matter of fact, some of these traders will take advantage of your vulnerability and sell products for you twice the actual price. After all when “mugu fall guy man go chop”.

In this article, you are going to learn the different ways to get the best deal when shopping for Christmas. Even experts and professionals find it difficult to navigate through the market during the yuletide period.
With our tips, you will do the Christmas shopping like a pro. In fact, you can always get the best deal on your chosen items without anything stress.

9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas

#1. Have An Idea Of The Prices Before Going To The Market

One of the ways to get the best deal when shopping for Christmas is to have an idea of prices before leaving the house. This will guide you when buying items and enable you to spend within your budget.

#2. Don’t Dress To Impress

Sometimes, traders in Nigerian Markets tend to tag prices on their items based on your appearance. Argue this if you like, but it is the fact.

So, when you dress to draw a lot of attention to yourself, be ready to pay high prices for most of the things you are buying.

#3. Don’t Buy On Impulse

Impulse buying is one of the things that make most people spend more during the Yuletide period. So, as a rule, try to avoid buying on impress and keep within your budget.

#4. Don’t Allow Excitement Show On Your Face When Bargaining For A Product

When you are pricing a particular item, don’t indicate too much interest. In fact, put on your best poker face otherwise the seller will use your own psychology against you.

#5. Never Accept The First Price

No matter how juicy a product offer looks, never accept the first price. Try to negotiate hard to see if you can get a better deal.

#6. Use Tactical Pricing Technique

Most times, sellers want to make huge profits on every item they are selling. And you on the other hand must learn not to be a victim of their high price.

So, whenever a price is tagged on a particular Item, try to bit it down barest minimum. This will make the sellers realize that you are tougher than you look.

#7. Try To Use Pidgin English When Bargaining

Whenever you are bargaining with sellers in the market, try to use pidgin English. This will make the bargaining more interesting as they will see you as their brother or sister.

Don’t try to speak phonetics in the market, if you do they will definitely take advantage of that. Bring yourself down to their level during negotiation, this helps a lot.

#8. Play Hard To Get

Play hard to get is another way you ca an get good price for the item you want to get. Before you can use this strategy, you must first show little or no interest in the item.

So, during negotiation, you can easily walk out of the seller, trust me he or she will definitely call you. However, this doesn’t always work, so do it with sense.

#9. Bargain In Multiple Stores Before Making Purchase

When you are shopping in the market, don’t just go with the first price. Try to check other stores and compare prices.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/12/14/ways-to-get-the-best-deal-when-shopping-for-christmas/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by 24hoursreporter: 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
Must Read!!! 10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/06/10/10-things-you-must-experience-public-hospital/
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by janejive(f): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
24hoursreporter:
It is a tradition among Nigerian traders to increase the price of goods and services during Christmas.

As a matter of fact, some of these traders will take advantage of your vulnerability and sell products for you twice the actual price. After all when “mugu fall guy man go chop”.

In this article, you are going to learn the different ways to get the best deal when shopping for Christmas. Even experts and professionals find it difficult to navigate through the market during the yuletide period.
With our tips, you will do the Christmas shopping like a pro. In fact, you can always get the best deal on your chosen items without anything stress.

9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas

#1. Have An Idea Of The Prices Before Going To The Market

One of the ways to get the best deal when shopping for Christmas is to have an idea of prices before leaving the house. This will guide you when buying items and enable you to spend within your budget.

#2. Don’t Dress To Impress

Sometimes, traders in Nigerian Markets tend to tag prices on their items based on your appearance. Argue this if you like, but it is the fact.

So, when you dress to draw a lot of attention to yourself, be ready to pay high prices for most of the things you are buying.

#3. Don’t Buy On Impulse

Impulse buying is one of the things that make most people spend more during the Yuletide period. So, as a rule, try to avoid buying on impress and keep within your budget.

#4. Don’t Allow Excitement Show On Your Face When Bargaining For A Product

When you are pricing a particular item, don’t indicate too much interest. In fact, put on your best poker face otherwise the seller will use your own psychology against you.

#5. Never Accept The First Price

No matter how juicy a product offer looks, never accept the first price. Try to negotiate hard to see if you can get a better deal.

#6. Use Tactical Pricing Technique

Most times, sellers want to make huge profits on every item they are selling. And you on the other hand must learn not to be a victim of their high price.

So, whenever a price is tagged on a particular Item, try to bit it down barest minimum. This will make the sellers realize that you are tougher than you look.

#7. Try To Use Pidgin English When Bargaining

Whenever you are bargaining with sellers in the market, try to use pidgin English. This will make the bargaining more interesting as they will see you as their brother or sister.

Don’t try to speak phonetics in the market, if you do they will definitely take advantage of that. Bring yourself down to their level during negotiation, this helps a lot.

#8. Play Hard To Get

Play hard to get is another way you ca an get good price for the item you want to get. Before you can use this strategy, you must first show little or no interest in the item.

So, during negotiation, you can easily walk out of the seller, trust me he or she will definitely call you. However, this doesn’t always work, so do it with sense.

#9. Bargain In Multiple Stores Before Making Purchase

When you are shopping in the market, don’t just go with the first price. Try to check other stores and compare prices.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/12/14/ways-to-get-the-best-deal-when-shopping-for-christmas/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
dominique
fynestboi
Richez
Olawalebabs

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Abusey(f): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
smiley
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
The best deals await you @ during this festive season.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Uyiii: 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
this op go stingy sha, someone like op go bargain bride price of #5cheesy simply because he won't condescend to paying the initial amount mentioned.

If I catch you near my daughter ehn, na catapult I go take pursue you.

sharp girls don mark your face, once you make any advances, na alelecheesy

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by corpersforum(f): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ok
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Kingv(m): 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Court Sacks Donald Duke as SDP candidate and Peter Obi took the day!!!!!!!!!@

No be who get money dey shop?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Neatly used Samsung galaxy s6 edge available for 33,000. But it has a slight pink line on its screen when on as seen below but doesn't affect . Dm 08082457319 for more details.
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by fabfaith: 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
Nice post
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by bigkahuna704(m): 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
Story! Mah Hear Say Iya Samod No Still Milk You Dry. Dat Madam Get Ph.d
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by laosy(m): 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
When the traders have a union in the market, and planned on inflating the price, you go bargain tire!!!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
What of us that shops in the mall with fixed prices?
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by CallMeNJay: 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
Get 10 dollar deals for Christmas
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
post=73852290:
The best deals await you @ during this festive season.
At least you're trying to be smart (though from your antecedents, you may never be), because if you rely solely on 30k, you will starve to death. I wonder what 30k can do for a 34yr old man. Do you even have a girlfriend?

Life is truly hard.

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Ayobami7(m): 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Noted
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
Knownking:
Neatly used Samsung galaxy s6 edge available for 33,000. But it has a slight pink line on its screen when on as seen below but doesn't affect . Dm 08082457319 for more details.
Picture
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Princewalle(m): 12:18am On Dec 15, 2018
[/color][color=#000099]like
Me-how much na dis your bread?
Seller-250N
Me-chei,no be the one way egg,beef,fish,chicken,lettuce and everything dey inside I wan buy oo
Seller-No na Agege bread be dis
Me-ugh, dis bread gan sef.Make I give you 10N
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:44am On Dec 15, 2018
Merry Xmas in advance to all our Nairaland clients, new and old alike.
This is gonna be the best Xmas ever..... cheesy wink
Kisses kiss kiss kiss

With Love from .........

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by curvilicious: 3:22am On Dec 15, 2018
Princewalle:
[/color][color=#000099]like
Me-how much na dis your bread?
Seller-250N
Me-chei,no be the one way egg,beef,fish,chicken,lettuce and everything dey inside I wan buy oo
Seller-No na Agege bread be dis
Me-ugh, dis bread gan sef.Make I give you 10N

Go thief am for bakery cheesy
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Gosj01(m): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2018
Why go through all this stress when you can get a Christmas discount laptop price from me!?

More Christmas deals in signature.
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Kimsunh: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2018
Does this strategy work online too?
Re: 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas by Casemiro(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2018
> it is well

why

bargain
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies

(1) (Reply)

Free Pick Index...for Punters *plus sure betting guide / I'm Buying Spodumene and Lepidolite (Li2O> 5%) / Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.