Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,272 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc (2108 Views)

How Do I Tether Blackberry Q10 To Browse On Laptop? / Tether Your Bb To Pc With 1k 3gb Glo Bis / How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please guys help. Since all these while I have been trying to tether my android phone to browse on system using wifi hotspot tethering but to no avail. From what I did, I to connect my android to my PC and it showed connected but any time I try to browse it work. I don,t know if there another configuration I will do on PC that I have not done. Please help me out. I have active suscription on my android which I suppose
to use on PC
Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
This is the step I followed.

Step one
From the Home Screen, select the Settings menu. It should look something like this. Tap More...

Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Step two
Select Wireless & Networks and then Tethering & portable hotspot.

Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Step three
Tick the box next to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
Step four
Tap Portable Wi-Fihotspot settings and you can edit the Wi-Fi network name, and choose a password.

Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Now on your PC or laptop, select your handset's network from the list of Wi-Fi connections available

Step five
Click connect and then you'll need to enter the password for the Wi-Fi hotspot. Once connected, you'll be able to surf the web using the handset's 3G or 4G connection to your heart's content.

Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Is there any thing wrong with what I did? But upon these steps it still not browsing on my PC
Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by Uzowee(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Which bis sub are you using?
Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
I am using etisalat #15 PAYG for 5mins
Re: How Can I Tether My Android Phone To Browse On Pc by Ayostically: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
I am facing same issues. l followed d same steps as u yet can't still browse. any1 with the solution should help

(1) (Reply)

Japan Has Finally Come Out With The Most Slimmest Windows 10 Mobile Smartphone / Mtn Android Simple Server Brouhaha / Pls Help Me. My Infinix Can't Detect Network After I Flashed It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.