Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp (881 Views)

Continuous Change In NYSC Time-Table: Nigerians React On Twitter / What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp by ABDamola(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Olaolu Ayoola, displaying the drone he built. | credits: Femi Makinde
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, watched  in admiration how a drone built  by a corps member posted to Osun State took off and carried out surveillance of the parade ground at the Permanent Orientation Camp of the National Youth Service Corps on Monday.
The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola, a graduate of Computer Science/Engineering of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, stole the show with his invention  during the closing ceremony of the orientation course for the 2014 batch ‘C’ of corps members deployed in the state.
The drone, which soldiers and other security agents present at the event, described as a good invention, flew for about 10 minutes before it landed.
The device is fixed with surveillance camera, and can stay in the air for 20 minutes and is capable of flying up for 500 meters.
The device with remote control has 2.4G radio transmitter and carried  out live recording of the event which was monitored on a black berry phone.
Ayoola told our correspondent in an interview that his love  for aeronautics drove him into engaging in the device.
Apart for military use, Ayoola said that the drone could also be used by politicians to hoist their flags and could also be used to monitor activities on large farms.

He said, “This type of drone, if fully developed, could be used by farmers. You can deploy it to fly round a farm of about 20 hectares and you will monitor what is going on on the farm right from where the remote control is.
“It can be used to monitor traffic situation and in case of flooding,  the drone can monitor the area.
“I spent over N20,000.00 to build this but I can do something with a bigger capacity and which will stay for more hours in the air if fund is available.”
The deputy governor who said she was impressed with the drone said the corps member should assembly youths anywhere he was posted to serve and teach them how to do this kind of invention.
The State Coordinator, Mr. Abada Okpiroro, also commended the corps member for the drone.
Re: Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp by manutdadex(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
we av brilliant and innovative minds every where in dis country..i wonda if those pot belly military ogas read news or na only NTA dem dey watch? This guy shud be drafted into d military research institute dat is if there is one!
Re: Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
manutdadex:
we av brilliant and innovative minds every where in dis country..i wonda if those pot belly military ogas read news or na only NTA dem dey watch? This guy shud be drafted into d military research institute dat is if there is one!
ever had of AFIT ?
Re: Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp by dejt4u(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
This is no new invention at all.. Them they do varieties of this in My skul's space club.. Impressive though but creativity, Hell NO!

Remember Joy Lobo in 3idiots
Re: Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp by suyamasta(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2014
OP! why no pics na?
Re: Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp by aeroengr(m): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
please direct ur questions to me...this is a pix of some of the materials...and obviously I bought the transmitter and receiver circuit. When I was interviewed, I explained everything, the journalist chose not to include that I bought some parts...which as raised so much debate...which I think is unnecessary...

Re: Drone, Manufactured By Corps Member, Deployed In NYSC Camp by aeroengr(m): 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
This is a pix...is it okay, o ye critics?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Wife / Fg Scrap Nysc / I Beleive This One Can Wipe Ur Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.