Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers (995 Views)

Apple Just Lost The Global Smartphone War To Google. / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales / Samsung Claims Top Spot In Global Smartphone Shipments For Q3 2011, Apple Slips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by KidProgrammer(m): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Xiaomi has become the fourth biggest seller of smartphones worldwide, according to a new report from the research firm Gartner. Xiaomi pushed its way into the top five of all smartphone companies during the third quarter of 2014 with sales of 18.8 million units. It only sold 3.6 million units for the same period a year ago.
According to Gartner, overall sales of smartphones went up to 301 million units, or 20.3 percent, between July and September 2014 compared to the same period a year ago. Samsung was first with 73.2 million units in the third quarter, followed by Apple with 38.1 million units. However, the other three companies in the top five are all based in China, with Huaweiin third with 15.9 million units, Xiaomi in fourth, and Lenovo in fifth with 15.01 million units.
Gartner quotes its research director Roberta Cozza as saying: With the ability to undercut cost and offer top specs Chinese brands are well positioned to expand in the premium phone market too and address the needs of upgrade users that aspire to premium phones, but cannot afford Apple or Samsung high-end products.

source:-http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2944819

1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by Joshkid(m): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
xiaomi na World class smartphone manufacturer..Unlike other crappy chinese smartphone manufacturers..

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by DAVE5(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
pls who can buy 1 for me this xmas

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by tanfani: 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tecno and Infinix won't learn now o
Re: Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by KidProgrammer(m): 6:01am On Dec 16, 2014
DAVE5:
u funny o
Re: Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by Youngzedd(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by abrahym(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2014
DAVE5:
if you are a lady I would
Re: Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers by DAVE5(m): 10:03am On Dec 16, 2014
abrahym:

if you are a lady I would
lol

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Takes BBM To Android Smart Wears / How Can I Unlock My Memory Card / Why The Use Of Two Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.