Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience (1244 Views)

A True Life Story Of How Atheist Like Me Met Jesus / Meet Man Who’s ‘been To Heaven 4x’: Met Jesus, Moses, Abel, Draws Map [photos] / Bishop T. D Jakes 7steps To A Turnaround (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by Etfash(m): 11:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Good day all.
Having known this path for a while now, i woke up this morning and all that came to my heart was that, No man remained the same after meeting with Jesus of Nazareth. There was one change or the other.

I searched the scriptures to validate the above claim... The man at the pool of Bethesda had been there for 38 years; he experienced a turn around when he met the Christ. The mad man of Gerdara prostrated before Jesus; he became an evangelist afterwards. Peter, a frustrated fisherman who had laboured all night and caught nothing met with Christ; he had a net breaking catch and inherited a greater business... Looking into Christ in prophecy as stated by Christ and the Psalmist.. Jesus told the Jews ' your father, Abraham rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and he was glad' Abraham, a childless old man whose heir was going to be his chief slave experienced joy when he saw Christ... Many more examples abound...

Now for me, i used to lie even when it wasn't necessary; some people regarded me as a shrewd liar. I also used to get very angry, even when there was no reason for it; i would be ready to even die. I also used to insult people without thinking.

I tried to stop each of the above by engaging the instrumentality of discipline and personal resolutions but i failed each time i tried. However, when i came to Jesus, each of them began to fade away as i study the bible, listened to christian messages... Pleasing Christ becomes more important to me than even myself... I can say today that my life has really changed for the better... He is still working on me. The destination is the dawning of a new day, when i see him in glory.

Please share your experience and let the world know that this Christ still saves today.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by johnw74: 1:16am On Dec 16, 2014
Same for me, I was on a road to destruction before I let Christ in.
Now what a road I'm on, there is joy and hope even in affliction.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by lafflaff123(m): 1:34am On Dec 16, 2014
Just curious, so how did you guys meet Christ? through Nigerian churches? i do not trust this our wealth flashing pastors. Share your experience on how you actually met him. Did you just pray? did you just say God i give you my life?share please.
Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by johnw74: 1:55am On Dec 16, 2014
lafflaff123:
Just curious, so how did you guys meet Christ? through Nigerian churches? i do not trust this our wealth flashing pastors. Share your experience on how you actually met him. Did you just pray? did you just say God i give you my life?share please.
After living a bad life and becoming more and more troubled by it, I fortunately turned to Jesus and He has turned my life around.
I don't go to a church, I study the Bible and read what people say at Christian forums that is according to scripture, and learn that way.
I have the most important thing - "faith" which is God given just for seeking.

Luk_11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

When we seek Christ He comes to us, and by His influence we have faith in Him, it is His gift to us for seeking him.

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by BrightEye(m): 2:11am On Dec 16, 2014
Sure! I am hoping to meet Jesus, but i don't think it is as easier as just saying it, claping, shouting, dancing and paying tithe/offerings, but by living a natural life, the type Jesus lived on earth. Loving the creation you find yourself, loving your neighbor as yourself- then you have done the will of God, thus loves Him.

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by johnw74: 4:13am On Dec 16, 2014
BrightEye:
Sure! I am hoping to meet Jesus, but i don't think it is as easier as just saying it, claping, shouting, dancing and paying tithe/offerings, but by living a natural life, the type Jesus lived on earth. Loving the creation you find yourself, loving your neighbor as yourself- then you have done the will of God, thus loves Him.

Yes
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by Etfash(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2014
@Lafflaff123, for me, Christ reached out to me. I actually answered to his knock on my heart when i was twelve. But afterwards, it was still business as usual; only that, this time, there was usually a notch within that signaled me not to do such again because something had changed.

The above continued for 2years, i never knew what I was experiencing was becoming visible to the people around me. I was appointed an executive member of the school fellowship. Since i don't live a life style of pretence, i started praying and trusting God to heal me of these 'little foxes'. I tried to do it by setting rules for myself but then i broke those rules myself. A time came that i gave up trying to help myself.. I gave in to personal bible study, prayers and sincerity. I undertook any spiritual exercise assigned by the fellowship leadership even when i saw senior leaders violating those. I wanted to know the reality of God personally so i was not concerned about what anybody did.

Before i graduated from secondary school, even though I was not the president of the fellowship and not a catholic, i was appointed the spiritual supervisor of the whole graduation exercise. Since i don't believe that Christianity is synonymous to mediocrity and failure, i prepared very well for my exams so that the people i preached to while in school would not mock my Christ. Eventually, God being true to his words, i got more than i even bargained for and even became a reference point.

The above showed a summary of how it all began, my pre-secondary and post secondary stages were not stated. God took me through so much... To His glory alone, with time, The reality of Him became more true to me than my weaknesses which faded away.

Lastly, may i say that irrespective of how things have become, Christ is still reaching out to people. The Old prophet that deceived the young prophet in the book of Kings still received a message from the Almighty God even after he deceived the young prophet - lesson: listen to those 'flamboyant' preachers, but study the scriptures to validate each of their claims; hold on to the truth and make up your mind to know God personally.

@BrightEye, you are right; what you described in those last lines of your statements is True Religion.
The truth is, one cannot know Christ truly and not be compassionate.. One violates ones own rules in order to obey Christ' own. The more of him we know, the more we want to know him and be like him and the closer we are to the end point of God's purpose for our lives (becoming like Christ in every way).

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by GoodieAmy(f): 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
Truly, no one remains the same after meeting Jesus, after having a genuine encounter with Him.
Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by promise10: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
GoodieAmy:
Truly, no one remains the same after meeting Jesus, after having a genuine encounter with Him.
Exactly!
Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by Ranchhoddas: 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
GoodieAmy:
Care to share?
Re: Everyone Who Met Jesus Had A Turnaround; Share Your Experience by ValentineMary(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
After I met him I became atheist. grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? / The Muslim EID Festival Of Sacrifice? (viewer Discretion Advised) / Shocking 2016 Prophecies By Bishop Rayvic Ogbonna (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.