Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? (1243 Views)

Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday / Why Do We Worship On Sunday When God Stated In The Bible The Seventh Day. / Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by Uchizzy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
I came across a Guy yesterday where i went to repair my laptop.

And he was supposed to be the engineer there - to cut the story short -

i told him the problem of my laptop, so he said i should come and pick it On Monday - Shuu!

I told him i gotta use it on Sunday for some stuff (non of Your business ).

And he was like - i must attend morning service in my church tomorrow - and i said to him
tomorrow isn't Sunday dude.

he replied my church worships on Saturday not Sunday.

i was shocked - i asked him what country re you from??..or you re a Jewish?

he said when is the first day of the week - i replied Sunday.

He then opened the Bible app in his phone and scrolled to Exodus 20:8 and i read it to Verse 11 (you can check it yourself)

so he said i should count from the 1st day of the week to the 7th day
and Saturday was the seventh (Sabbath) day.

I wasn't convinced (but was surprise)
cause is has been there before they gave birth to my Da.d
Lol.

but he refuse to tell me where he worships.

So i need your opinions - what (do you think ) re your thoughts??

Should i change my Chur.ch?
or Confront my Pries.t?
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by CrazyMan(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
He's right saturday is the sabbath not sunday.

The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday which is the seventh (7th) day...

On the issue of changing your place of worship, I don't think its necessary. Christ said those who worship him should worship him in spirit and truth, meaning he (God) is more interested in your spiritual life than in your physical. Therefore whichever day you choose to worship him doesn't matter, what matters most is your heart.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by vooks: 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
Romans 14:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by Uchizzy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
CrazyMan:
He's right saturday is the sabbath not sunday.

The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday which is the seventh (7th) day...

On the issue of changing your place of worship, I don't think its necessary. Christ said those who worship him should worship him in spirit and truth, meaning he (God) is more interested in your spiritual life than in your physical. Therefore whichever day you choose to worship him doesn't matter, what matters most is your heart.

i love yhur movement (no homo) *
if i may ask you b pastor?
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by CrazyMan(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
Uchizzy:

i love yhur movement (no homo) *
if i may ask you b pastor?
I'm not a pastor...I'm just a regular church member.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
Truly Saturday is the real Sabbath day but Sunday was chosen because Jesus resurrected on Sunday.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by Uchizzy(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
CrazyMan:

I'm not a pastor...I'm just a regular church member.

9o(k2w
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by CrazyMan(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
Uchizzy:

9o(k2w
Forgive my ignorance...what language is this?
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by Uchizzy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
CrazyMan:

Forgive my ignorance...what language is this?

never mind... its jst a complement

1 Like

Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by dolphinheart(m): 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Uchizzy:
I came across a Guy yesterday where i went to repair my laptop.

And he was supposed to be the engineer there - to cut the story short -

i told him the problem of my laptop, so he said i should come and pick it On Monday - Shuu!

I told him i gotta use it on Sunday for some stuff (non of Your business ).

And he was like - i must attend morning service in my church tomorrow - and i said to him
tomorrow isn't Sunday dude.

he replied my church worships on Saturday not Sunday.

i was shocked - i asked him what country re you from??..or you re a Jewish?

he said when is the first day of the week - i replied Sunday.

He then opened the Bible app in his phone and scrolled to Exodus 20:8 and i read it to Verse 11 (you can check it yourself)

so he said i should count from the 1st day of the week to the 7th day
and Saturday was the seventh (Sabbath) day.

I wasn't convinced (but was surprise)
cause is has been there before they gave birth to my Da.d
Lol.

but he refuse to tell me where he worships.

So i need your opinions - what (do you think ) re your thoughts??

Should i change my Chur.ch?
or Confront my Pries.t?

He is right and he is also wrong !
He is right in the sense that the Sabbath as pratised by the Jews in on the seventh day.
But he is wrong to just attribute it to sarturday . How?
Unlike us that starts the first day of the week by midnite on saturday night , or sunrise on sunday morning. The Jews start there week by sunset on sunday evening.
So sabath starts sunset on sarturday evening to sunset on sunday evening.
There the issue of when the day starts between the isrealites and your friend is the cause of the problem.

An example is when the bible stated that jesus died on Nissan 14. Remember he also had the lords evening meal on Nissan 14, but was killed in broad daylight.
So if he had a meal in the evening of same date, how can he be said to be killed in the afternoon of that same date. The answer lies in my explanation
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by An2elect2(f): 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Really? hope you also keep the remaining 612 Jewish laws? what a waste! mtsssw.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? by dolphinheart(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
Who is the "you" ^^^^ referring to .

(1) (Reply)

Dead Catholic Priest Rose To Describe God As Woman / Pics: Bishop Oyedepo, His Wife & Their 1st Son Preaching @ Shiloh 2015 / Shocking 2016 Prophecies By Bishop Rayvic Ogbonna (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.