Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor (2707 Views)

Professor Yemi Osinbajo Attends Olamide's OLIC(Photos) / The World's Youngest Billionaires / World's Youngest Mother: 11 Years Old With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor by aiyeboy(m): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2014
[img]http://1.bp..com/-8sRf23ktA-A/VIlO12GSWNI/AAAAAAAAAfc/SzjhDU9JWjA/s1600/285915.jpg[/img]
Alia Sabur (born February 22, 1989 in New York City, New York) is an American materials scientist and attorney. She holds the record for being the world's youngest professor.
The youngest university professor is Alia Sabur (USA, b. 22 February 1989), who was appointed as a full-time faculty Professor of the Department of Advanced Technology Fusion at Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea, with effect from 19 February 2008, aged 18 years 362 days.

Sabur's mother, Julie Sabur (born Kessler), worked as a reporter for News12 Long Island until 1995.She married Mohammed Sabur, a Pakistani native, in 1980. Alia, born on February 22, 1989, showed early signs of giftedness. She tested "off the IQ scale," according to an educator who tested her as a first-grader.[1] As a fourth-grader, she left public school and was admitted to State University of New York at Stony Brook at the age of 10, later graduating summa cum laude at 14. She also received a black belt in Tae Kwon Do at the age of 9.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-8ZX8UU2wKfA/VIlO2Yao6SI/AAAAAAAAAfo/YbmNiwBcAjs/s1600/breakingwood.jpg[/img]
On 19 February 2008, at 18 years of age (3 days before her 19th birthday), she was appointed to the position of International Professor as Research Liaison with Stony Brook University by the Dept. of Advanced Technology Fusion at Konkuk University in Seoul, South Korea. The position was a temporary, one-year contract which she chose not to renew. The Guinness Book of World Records named Sabur the World's Youngest Professor.
She began her position at the Department of Advanced Technology Fusion at Konkuk University in June 2008 and returned to her hometown of New York early 2009, without renewing her contract.

source:http://www.betterbext.com/2014/12/meet-alia-sabur-worlds-youngest.html
Re: MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor by mayorjosh(m): 12:03am On Dec 16, 2014
am ii first to comment
she z good tho

1 Like

Re: MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor by enoqueen: 12:03am On Dec 16, 2014
Dear God, I look up to you.

Remember me o lord.
Re: MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor by aiyeboy(m): 12:05am On Dec 16, 2014
mayorjosh:
am ii first to comment
she z good tho
no i was!!!
Re: MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor by aiyeboy(m): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2014
enoqueen:
Dear God, I look up to you.

Remember me o lord.

u wanna be a prof too?
Re: MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor by Ploy(m): 12:11am On Dec 16, 2014
God saved her she wasn't born a nigerian.

Can that ever be possible in my country?

Let the gods respond!

1 Like

Re: MEET: Alia Sabur: The World's Youngest Professor by redcliff: 1:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Ploy:
God saved her she wasn't born a nigerian.

Can that ever be possible in my country?

Let the gods respond!

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Is This Really Korede Bello? / Chris Brown Shares Adorable Photo Of His Daughter & Himself At The Same Age / Hot Mama! Actress Oge Okoye Steps Out In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.