Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun (937 Views)

Aregbesola Ready To Empower 5,000 Widows In Osun: O'widow / Aregbesola Gave Out Educational Ipad To All Secondary School Students In Osun / Please I Need A Hp Store Address In Osun,akure Or Any Reliable Laptop Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2014
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, among other dignitaries,
watched in admiration how a drone built by a corps member posted to Osun
State took off and carried out surveillance of the parade ground at the
Permanent Orientation Camp of the National Youth Service Corps on Monday.
The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola, a graduate of Computer Science/Engineering
of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, stole the show with
his project during the closing ceremony of the orientation course for the 2014
batch ‘C’ of corps members deployed in the state.
The drone, which soldiers and other security agents present at the event
described as a good one, flew for about 10 minutes before it landed.
The device, fixed with a surveillance camera, can stay in the air for 20 minutes
and is capable of climbing up to 500 metres.
The device with remote control and 2.4G radio transmitter carried out live
recording of the event, which he monitored on his black berry phone.
Ayoola told our correspondent in an interview that his love for aeronautics drove
him into building the device.
According to him, apart from military use, the drone is also useful in hoisting
flags as well as monitoring ongoing activities in large farms.
He said, “This type of drone, if fully developed, can be used by farmers. You can
deploy it to fly round a farm of about 20 hectares and you will monitor what is
going on.
“It can also be used to monitor traffic situation and flooded areas. I spent over
N20,000 to build it, but I can do something with a bigger capacity and which will
stay for hours on air if fund is available.”
The deputy governor, who said she was impressed with the initiative, urged
other youths to emulate Ayoola.
She said, “I am very impressed with what you have done. It is a good thing and
other youths should emulate you.
“Anywhere you are posted to, I want you to assemble a group of youths who you
can teach how to invent something like this. This is a wonderful skill and I am
impressed with this.”
The NYSC State Coordinator, Mr. Abada Okpiroro, also commended Ayoola for
the project.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by mandarin: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2014
Yeah this is an amazing stuff to hear.You didn't just attend school but showed a justification for such investments your parents made in you.This is education and am so excited about it.
congrats and I wish governments will take interest in this as it can help to tackle terrorism and monitor Tompolo war ships if developed in bigger capacity more so its usefulness in disaster monitoring and in area of agriculture.Thumbs up
Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by temmyt20(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2014
nice project
Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
And why is this rotting away here since? If it's d pic of a falling bossom of one rookie celeb, it will b on fp on a 4G LTE speed. Mods pls move dis, nt 4 d joy of fp bt for beta awareness/stimulation of interests in going 4 knowledge and not the paper.

Btw, anybody notice no assurance of support frm Tomori's speech? Though things like this ought to be FG's thing, bt at least....| While our innovations rot away, we stil cry of 4reign trade imbalance! Must we continue importation and dependence till eternity?
Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by alienvirus: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
Good one. This is a tough time for our country and things like this should be developed.
Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Judeoxide(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
can you imaging statements..from military and DP governor.. they will spend billions importing 10th hand plane and ships..were as we have ppl that can even build it at cheaper rate..building a drone of that capacity with 20k..imagine what he can do with billions...
Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by smajatt(m): 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
FP
Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 10, 2015
This is nice
Re: Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Caseless: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
Where is GEJ that needs someone that can take us to the moon? I think we have one here.

(1) (Reply)

My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! / Newly Arrival Accer Parkard At A Give Away Price / U Want Be Digital Media Marketing Certified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.