Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag (13181 Views)

Woman divorces her husband because he was too good to her(Photo) / MFM Pastor Batters Wife Of 17 Years For Opting Out Of Marriage (photos) / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
GoodGirl2:
You don't necessarily need to have abundant wealth to be a provider. I'm actually making reference to those who CAN but WON'T provide because they don't think it's their primary responsibility to be breadwinners. They leave it to their wives because their culture doesn't scorn redundant men (read Central, Eastern and part of the Rift-valley). In fact, THEY actually think their wives are responsible for the family and not them. Why do you think men are being thrashed in Nyeri?
How is it possible that the women are able to provide in this same country where majority live below "poverty line"?

Denisfidha, tuseme tu ukweli bwana. Watu hawataki family responsibility and that's how it is. Hata foreigners wenye wanaishi Kenya observe the same thing. There's some truth in it bwana. Central province takes the cake. Wamelaaniwa kabisa.

With respect to your own opinion, i disagree. Making a blanket cover on majority of Kenyan men not bieng providers is just not fare. And this is the same narrative that has been going on and on; Kenyan women complaining that men are useless. Have you ever had a Kenyan Man who married a foreign wife refuse to provide for his family? Maybe the Kenyan women need to stop blaming the men alone. this narrative has been going on for long. And those women who've been left to raise the family maybe they need to start teaching the kids a different narrative. If the men in Kenya have really failed, then the women need to change them, after all, a woman can change a man, I've seen it happen. You can't tell me that the same Kalenjin clan (male) that exist in rift-valley in Kenya has come to a point of not providing for there families while the same clan of tribes in Uganda do provide for there families..... Something must have changed, and blaming it on the men alone is not going to solve it.
And this happens especially in towns,ubern centers or places that have been influence by ubernisation, When you go to the village, culturaly,men have always been the head of the house-that means providing for there families
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
denisfidha:
With respect to your own opinion, i disagree. Making a blanket cover on majority of Kenyan men not bieng providers is just not fare. And this is the same narrative that has been going on and on; Kenyan women complaining that men are useless. Have you ever had a Kenyan Man who married a foreign wife refuse to provide for his family? Maybe the Kenyan women need to stop blaming the men alone. this narrative has been going on for long. And those women who've been left to raise the family maybe they need to start teaching the kids a different narrative. If the men in Kenya have really failed, then the women need to change them, after all, a woman can change a man, I've seen it happen. You can't tell me that the same Kalenjin clan (male) that exist in rift-valley in Kenya has come to a point of not providing for there families while the same clan of tribes in Uganda do provide for there families..... Something must have changed, and blaming it on the men alone is not going to solve it.
I suspect you can't understand where I'm coming from because you're a responsible man yourself and you imagine that the other men around you are.
And when I talk of Rift-valley, I'm not referring to Kalenjins or Maasais, no. I meant our brothers from Molo, Gilgil, Naivasha, Nanyuki, Nakuru, etc. Catch the drift? cheesy
And yes, the women are to blame as well for not raising young boys to "outgrow" cerelac. They dot them even when the guy is 28. Secondly, Kenyan women have VERY LOW standards when it comes to men. She never demands for responsibility even when the man demands it from her. She can give without receiving and still be okay with it. Men respond to the standards around them and the Kenyan women (esp. Kyuks) have shown the men males that it's okay for her to go out and toil while the man remains redundant. After all, she feels being aggressive is an admirable quality expected of her and what a man can do, a woman can do better.

Many have embraced this stewpid idea of being an "independent woman" without knowing that it works against them. It breeds men who feel that you're adequate enough by yourself and he doesn't need to do anything for you after all you can manage. He knows that the burden of financial responsibility has been sorted out, so all he'll do is to "bembea".
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
GoodGirl2:

Well, I was taught well by my mother, And my sisters too.... But anyway, it seems that we have grown into this culture and its too late to change every grown a$$ man. Maybe our curriculum in schools need to add one more subject/Unit from a very young age to teach about stuff like Table manners, how to argue with content in a conversation, Respect for ones opinion, intergrity, Nationhood, responsibility, family, value for human rights and stuff like that, it might seem meaningless and a waste of resources at first but eventually, it will make us a great people.
But sadly the people responsible for changing laws and policies in this day will mock/laugh at you when you tell them something like this .. undecided
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Pavore9: 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
oloworulz:
I wount judge, some ladies are naturally stubborn . African ladies are different from western ladies. They deserve it atimes
An African man dares not touch a western lady because the prisons will await him.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
denisfidha:
But sadly the people responsible for changing laws and policies in this day will mock/laugh at you when you tell them something like this .. undecided
Manze!! Tell me about it. All they do is talk trash, play tribal politics and perform wrestling on live TV.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Husband Refuse To Pick Your Call Anytime He Is In D Clu / I Am Sad / Herbert Wigwe Wife Biography, Children, Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.