Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 (42022 Views)

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer In Unilorin (pics) / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
mr fool hell to ur second chance & u. go to atm machine & shout daddy & let see if the machine will dispense cash by the hearing of daddy. right daddy on paper & use it to cash money on counter. wetin u & ur p.daddy know than money. get the hell cross express.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by chic2pimp(m): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Acecube:
Be careful of your utterance, it's better to assume a fake pastor is real, than to call a real servant of God fake... Not everyone gets a second chance oh, be warned.

Oh shut it will ya? Your empty threats scares no one other than yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by trotsky2: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
He was just learning the tricks of the trade and after doing pretty well, he's a billionaire today

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
KLand:

That was when Adeboye was planning to become the youngest VC in Africa, meanwhile God was planning on making him the pastor of the fastest growing (spreading) church in the whole world. God's will prevailed.

I do not think that it is God's will for Adeboye and his family to be living like rock stars and celebrities in close association with corrupt politicians and business men , while his members barely make two ends meet in a challenging, inflation riddled and deteriorating economy.

No matter which way you look at it, to be unwilling to work for one's 'meat' makes one lazy but to live off Monetary donations from paupers, working class and struggling middle class people is plain THEFT and you know that thieves do not have eternal life in them.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
His Surulere picture. Now, the dog (sorry, God) of men is now living large

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by musiwa94: 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Acecube(m): 12:25am On Dec 17, 2014
chic2pimp:

Oh shut it will ya? Your empty threats scares no one other than yourself.
You can't tell me to shut up, you are grossly unqualified for that... And since you are stubbornly refusing to be corrected. It is well with your soul
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by lordprosh(m): 12:27am On Dec 17, 2014
ruffDiamond:
Yeah ,.seemed like d lecturing game nor too pay sha ..sharp minded GO
he never wanted to be a pastor
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Azo(m): 6:28am On Dec 17, 2014
daddy GO, He don milk all the redeemers dry.. But if we talk now na another thing all the followers go start to they talk..

Seriously imagine all this Pastors with private jet?? What are they using them for when large portion of the members could hardly afford transport fare to church? they built Universities and Sec Schools with tithes and these members cant afford the same school for their wards!! Are people this blind??

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2014
frosbel:

I do not think that it is God's will for Adeboye and his family to be living like rock stars and celebrities in close association with corrupt politicians and business men , while his members barely make two ends meet in a challenging, inflation riddled and deteriorating economy.

No matter which way you look at it, to be unwilling to work for one's 'meat' makes one lazy but to live off Monetary donations from paupers, working class and struggling middle class people is plain THEFT and you know that thieves do not have eternal life in them.

Thanks for your comment. But it seems you are a distant observer....

Adeboye is a humble man of God, only few of his calibre can compare. The blessings of God upon men of God is not something an unbeliver can understand. Although men of God are not perfect, they do not impoverish their members to live in affluence. The affluence of the men of God is overhyped in the media.

Actually men of God add immense value to their members. The church remains the hope of the common man, not the govt.

Adeboye is not lazy... I am suprised you implied that! He works for the church, an organisation in it self. That means he is entitled to a salary to say the least (I don't know if he collects one anyway). There is no law prohibiting working for and getting paid by a church.

Your analogy about being a thief does not apply here. Because he has never forcefuly taken anything from any body. People give willingly as they are blessed.

There is nothing wrong in associating wth all classes of people. His calling is not to the righteous alone but to sinners as well.

With the results he has achieved since he came on board over 30 years ago, I think he would have been in a wrong profession if he didn't accept to be a pastor like he did.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2014
Azo:
daddy GO, He don milk all the redeemers dry.. But if we talk now na another thing all the followers go start to they talk..

Seriously imagine all this Pastors with private jet?? What are they using them for when large portion of the members could hardly afford transport fare to church? they built Universities and Sec Schools with tithes and these members cant afford the same school for their wards!! Are people this blind??

Smiles. People are not blind as you think. It is just that they know somethings you appear not to know. Besides, your position above is not too correct. We know better. We give tithe and offering.... We love it and we are not complaining. How is that your business since you don't believe in such?
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by nora544: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

Adeboye is a humble man of God, only few of his calibre can compare. The blessings of God upon men of God is not something an unbeliver can understand. Although men of God are not perfect, they do not impoverish their members to live in affluence. The affluence of the men of God is overhyped in the media.

Actually men of God add immense value to their members. The church remains the hope of the common man, not the govt.

Adeboye is not lazy... I am suprised you implied that! He works for the church, an organisation in it self. That means he is entitled to a salary to say the least (I don't know if he collects one anyway). There is no law prohibiting working for and getting paid by a church.

Your analogy about being a thief does not apply here. Because he has never forcefuly taken anything from any body. People give willingly as they are blessed.

There is nothing wrong in associating wth all classes of people. His calling is not to the righteous alone but to sinners as well.

With the results he has achieved since he came on board over 30 years ago, I think he would have been in a wrong profession if he didn't accept to be a pastor like he did.

Sorry he is a thief with fake hope he give people when he takes the money from them when he preach the gospel like he feel.

He is one of the pentecost/charismatic prosperity preachers and a so called God of man who speaks about witchcraft when you didnot get what you want is a big problem.

Prosperity gospel is a heresy gospel and a man who has on his homepage a button that you can send a gift to him is no real christian because it is the first time that I see this that you can donate directly to him.

He is a business man, and he is selling the gospel and not more.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2014
lordprosh:

he never wanted to be a pastor

True.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2014
nora544:

Sorry he is a thief with fake hope he give people when he takes the money from them when he preach the gospel like he feel.

He is one of the pentecost/charismatic prosperity preachers and a so called God of man who speaks about witchcraft when you didnot get what you want is a big problem.

Prosperity gospel is a heresy gospel and a man who has on his homepage a button that you can send a gift to him is no real christian because it is the first time that I see this that you can donate directly to him.

He is a business man, and he is selling the gospel and not more.

The gospel in itself is a message of prosperity. It is God's will for us to proper. If you don't believe in that, pls leave those of us who do, alone.

Giving to a man of God is Biblical. But if you don't want to give, no problem. Not fair castigating people unduly.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by nora544: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

The gospel in itself is a message of prosperity. It is God's will for us to proper. If you don't believe in that, pls leave those of us who do, alone.

Giving to a man of God is Biblical. But if you don't want to give, no problem. Not fair castigating people unduly.

a man who tell his followers it is hot okay when you give money to the people who need it and you will not get a blessing is for me a man who has his own gospel and that is not the gospel for real christians.

I know you are a brainwashed followers of him please read this book and it will open your eyes and you have an idol and that is money.

Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology. They suggest that righteousness cannot be earned and that the Bible does not promise an easy life. They argue that it is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus and propose that the central message of the gospel should be Jesus' life, death, and resurrection. Jones and Woodbridge see Jesus' importance as vital, criticizing the prosperity gospel for marginalizing him in favor of a focus on human need. In another article, Jones criticizes the prosperity theology interpretation of the Abrahamic covenant, God's promise to bless Abraham's descendants, arguing that this blessing is spiritual and should already apply to all Christians. He also argues that the proponents of the doctrine misconstrue the atonement, criticizing their teaching that Jesus' death took away poverty as well as sin. He believes that this teaching is drawn from a misunderstanding of Jesus' life and criticizes John Avanzini's teaching that Jesus was wealthy as a misrepresentation, noting that Paul often taught Christians to give up their material possessions. Although he accepts giving as "praiseworthy", he questions the motives of prosperity theology and criticizes the "Law of Compensation", which teaches that when Christians give generously, God will give back more in return. Rather, Jones cites Jesus' teaching to "give, hoping for nothing in return." Jones and Woodbridge also note that Jesus instructed followers to focus on spiritual rewards, citing his command in Matthew 6:19–20 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth ... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (KJV). Jones criticizes the doctrine's view of faith: he does not believe that it should be used as a spiritual force for material gain but seen as selfless acceptance of God.

Mark 10:25 that "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (KJV) as evidence to oppose such thinking
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2014
coolhamid:
No doubt , the pastor would have forgotten dy and dx.

He has better things to do now.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2014
nora544:

a man who tell his followers it is hot okay when you give money to the people who need it and you will not get a blessing is for me a man who has his own gospel and that is not the gospel for real christians.

I know you are a brainwashed followers of him please read this book and it will open your eyes and you have an idol and that is money.

Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology. They suggest that righteousness cannot be earned and that the Bible does not promise an easy life. They argue that it is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus and propose that the central message of the gospel should be Jesus' life, death, and resurrection. Jones and Woodbridge see Jesus' importance as vital, criticizing the prosperity gospel for marginalizing him in favor of a focus on human need. In another article, Jones criticizes the prosperity theology interpretation of the Abrahamic covenant, God's promise to bless Abraham's descendants, arguing that this blessing is spiritual and should already apply to all Christians. He also argues that the proponents of the doctrine misconstrue the atonement, criticizing their teaching that Jesus' death took away poverty as well as sin. He believes that this teaching is drawn from a misunderstanding of Jesus' life and criticizes John Avanzini's teaching that Jesus was wealthy as a misrepresentation, noting that Paul often taught Christians to give up their material possessions. Although he accepts giving as "praiseworthy", he questions the motives of prosperity theology and criticizes the "Law of Compensation", which teaches that when Christians give generously, God will give back more in return. Rather, Jones cites Jesus' teaching to "give, hoping for nothing in return." Jones and Woodbridge also note that Jesus instructed followers to focus on spiritual rewards, citing his command in Matthew 6:19–20 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth ... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (KJV). Jones criticizes the doctrine's view of faith: he does not believe that it should be used as a spiritual force for material gain but seen as selfless acceptance of God.

Mark 10:25 that "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (KJV) as evidence to oppose such thinking

I refuse to take exception to your inappropriate use of the word 'brainwashed'. For the records, I am not a member of his church as you insinuated. I am just a Concerned christian on this NL forum.

I have not read the book you refered to, but from the points you highlighted, it was obvious that somethings are not right. You can chose to believe whatever author you like, but the Bible is my final authority on any matter. And the Bible I know supports the prisperity of the believer.

By the way, I agree that Abraham's blessing is spiritual. This seems obvious though. But what's the use of a spiritual blessing that has no physical manifestation?

It's not wealth that will stop people from getting to heaven. It is what they do with Jesus that matters in that record. On the other hand poverty is not a criteria to get there. Rich or poor one will get to heaven if he accepts Jesus as Lord and personal saviour. Conversely, rich or poor, one will go to hell if he rejects Jesus.

The bible supports the prosperity of the believer in Christ.

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."
http://bible.us/3John1.2.NKJV

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich."
http://bible.us/2Cor8.9.NKJV
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by iamrealdeji(m): 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Iamoilprince:

U no get sense
Why did you say that?
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

How do you know he is humble, can you see into his heart. And how come the common man cannot gain access to him easily ? Is he any more special than you or me, of course not. He has been elevated to king like status by his clueless followers.

Redeemed is not THE Church, it is a one man idea that has morphed into a business empire. There is only one church with ONE Head and his name is Christ the Messiah.

He is not entitled to anything, whatever he receives has to be on the basis of freewill offerings. Can you even begin to compare Paul to Adeboye and yet Paul made tents, was often hungry, stoned many times, shipwrecked and imprisoned. When Paul or Jesus met with politicians , it was for judgement or punishment because their light condemned the wicked acts of these corrupt politicians. What about Peter who had no silver or gold but raised a man from the dead.

These men, great apostles had jobs, real jobs , they did not live off the church , they took care of the church and made sure that there was no needy person among them. Yet 80% of redeemed members are in dire need.

It does and even worse robbery. When you preach a false doctrine on partnership, tithes, firstfruits and other seed payments you become a thief because this is not on instruction from God but from base human greedy desires and empire building.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

I refuse to take exception to your inappropriate use of the word 'brainwashed'. For the records, I am not a member of his church as you insinuated. I am just a Concerned christian on this NL forum.

I have not read the book you refered to, but from the points you highlighted, it was obvious that somethings are not right. You can chose to believe whatever author you like, but the Bible is my final authority on any matter. And the Bible I know supports the prisperity of the believer.

By the way, I agree that Abraham's blessing is spiritual. This seems obvious though. But what's the use of a spiritual blessing that has no physical manifestation?

It's not wealth that will stop people from getting to heaven. It is what they do with Jesus that matters in that record. On the other hand poverty is not a criteria to get there. Rich or poor one will get to heaven if he accepts Jesus as Lord and personal saviour. Conversely, rich or poor, one will go to hell if he rejects Jesus.

The bible supports the prosperity of the believer in Christ.

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."
http://bible.us/3John1.2.NKJV

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich."
http://bible.us/2Cor8.9.

Wealth can't stop you but can influence you to become ungodly.

Also, you Christians, especially, black Christians (including your gods of men) like to believe that the only meaning PROSPERITY has is wealth. Again, it is so easy to twist the Bible to suit your selfish interests.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Azo(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

Smiles. People are not blind as you think. It is just that they know somethings you appear not to know. Besides, your position above is not too correct. We know better. We give tithe and offering.... We love it and we are not complaining. How is that your business since you don't believe in such?

Ok, fine people are not blind, that makes them arrant morons.. If they can see and still suffer. I know of a woman that doesn't joke with tithes but trek almost 2 KM to church on Sundays. She attends redeemed church also.. not that I am saying paying is bad but what these jokers called overseers do with the money is my problem. Gone were the days when church rat is poor, they now use private jets.. Astonishing!!

Heard Oyedepo has 4 private jets!! His he planning to open an airline company
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Azo:

Ok, fine people are not blind, that makes them arrant morons.. If they can see and still suffer. I know of a woman that doesn't joke with tithes but trek almost 2 KM to church on Sundays. She attends redeemed church also.. not that I am saying paying is bad but what these jokers called overseers do with the money is my problem. Gone were the days when church rat is poor, they now use private jets.. Astonishing!!

Heard Oyedepo has 4 private jets!! His he planning to open an airline company

I like the fact that you said church rats are no longer poor. It means the church has come of age, as the Lord intended it to be.

You don't give tithe, so stop your criticisms ir those of US who give. Like I said, we know better.

Tithe is given in obedience to God, not man. The men of God are answerable to God on how they spend the tithe. Don't play God, don't be the judge.

The woman you are talking about, for her to trek that long to church, it means she is really poor. That means her income, is small, not to talk about her tithe which is 10% of her income. You can see that her tithe is not part of the private jet money you are worried about. Smiles.

Besides, your asumption that the jets were bought with tithe money is wrong, because we know better. I know a GO who received his jet as a direct gift from a combined effort of a few people, not tithe from all the members. Yet people like you loose their night sleep over tithes.

Its good news that Oyedepo wants to float an airline as you said. It is the Lord's doing and we are glad. Seriously, thats not a problem. So come off it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
hifaif:

Wealth can't stop you but can influence you to become ungodly.

Also, you Christians, especially, black Christians (including your gods of men) like to believe that the only meaning PROSPERITY has is wealth. Again, it is so easy to twist the Bible to suit your selfish interests.

Smiles. You are right, wealth can cause someone to live an ungodly life style. But that's one side of the coin; poverty too can drive people to ungodly living. So you see, its not about poverty or wealth. It depends on what you make of the two conditions. But if you ask me, I would prefer wealth, cos I can't claim that my God is rich and yet wallow in abject poverty. But if I chose a poor life, it doesn't mean God is no longer rich. Its my choice!

You sound like you don't live in Nigeria, or you are not black. But in anycase, your experience might differ from us here, so why condemn others for your own pleasure?

I agree that prosperity is more than wealth. Refer to the passage of the Bible I quoted earlier to see what I meant. I quoted the Bible as it were, no twisting as alleged by you. May God help all of us.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by paxonel(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
zleemshaddy:
Daddy G.O looking great cool

Meanwhile

cheap etisalat card for sale @lower price
please what is the meaning of Daddy?
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

I like the fact that you said church rats are no longer poor. It means the church has come of age, as the Lord intended it to be.

You don't give tithe, so stop your criticisms ir those of US who give. Like I said, we know better.

Tithe is given in obedience to God, not man. The men of God are answerable to God on how they spend the tithe. Don't play God, don't be the judge.

The woman you are talking about, for her to trek that long to church, it means she is really poor. That means her income, is small, not to talk about her tithe which is 10% of her income. You can see that her tithe is not part of the private jet money you are worried about. Smiles.

Besides, your asumption that the jets were bought with tithe money is wrong, because we know better. I know a GO who received his jet as a direct gift from a combined effort of a few people, not tithe from all the members. Yet people like you loose their night sleep over tithes.

Its good news that Oyedepo wants to float an airline as you said. It is the Lord's doing and we are glad. Seriously, thats not a problem. So come off it.

Your update above proves beyond doubt that you are not a follower of Christ but a stiff-necked and hardened Pharisee who sees nothing wrong with a poor woman trekking 2kms and paying 10% of her income.

What you call church is actually a den of thieves and robbers including your MOG , and if Jesus were here today he will disown all of you.

Hear what the Spirit says ;

"You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and n.aked." - Revelation 3:17
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Azo(m): 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

Hahahaha Zombie. Like I said, I didnt sat tithe payment is dumb but what they use it for is self-directed and selfish. And FYI, I dont know you and dont know what you earn but I can say with all confidence and without sounding immodest that the amount I spend on religious contributions is enough to pay your monthly salary.

I wonder how u will count 5 Billion naira without starting from 1, ipso facto if 1000 people donate 1000 naira how much does it give

How many of the GOs got the jets as gifts?? Moreso, talking of jets is just representative of the numerous self-interested endeavours they channel such funds to.

Lastly stop being a mo.ron by thinking you will ever dine in their midst with the affluence they are acquiring.

At this juncture, I lipsrsealed my mouth in response to you because I know your type.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by paxonel(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

what i don't understand about pastor adeboye and all pastors in Nigeria, they are not interested in the intellectual development of their church members, making nigeria christians appear to be fools, people who don't think. thereby,making non, christians (like Muslims and atheists ) to see Christianity as a religion without intelligence. consequently,discouraging them to believe in christ.
meanwhile, the bible is a very intelligent book. why are people like adeboye, inspite their level of education still call christians who commit sin UNBELIEVERS , so that they make ulter call in churches instead of mosques where they can get unbelievers?
who is an unbeliever?
are you sure these men of God understand bible at all?
if you think over it you will see the error there.
ok, since this error is found among these pastors, how are nigerians sure that all the promises of prosperity they shout AMEN for, in church ,are biblical and are not fake?
you know, the idea is that, the moment you shout amen you don't need to work again.
God will miraculously make you have your millions and buy your car.
is it biblical?
is it true?
what will you say about this?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Azo:

Hahahaha Zombie. Like I said, I didnt sat tithe payment is dumb but what they use it for is self-directed and selfish. And FYI, I dont know you and dont know what you earn but I can say with all confidence and without sounding immodest that the amount I spend on religious contributions is enough to pay your monthly salary.

I wonder how u will count 5 Billion naira without starting from 1, ipso facto if 1000 people donate 1000 naira how much does it give

How many of the GOs got the jets as gifts?? Moreso, talking of jets is just representative of the numerous self-interested endeavours they channel such funds to.

Lastly stop being a mo.ron by thinking you will ever dine in their midst with the affluence they are acquiring.

At this juncture, I lipsrsealed my mouth in response to you because I know your type.

Thanks for your sarcasm. But no offence taken. You must be really rich..... Wow. I am touched! But honestly, you really sounded ridiculous....and out of order too, with the way you are taking the conversation. No thanks for that!

You may chose to disagree, but there is a difference btw giving tithe and giving for religious purposes. And you know the one in discourse here.

For the records, I have no personal relationship with the jet owners that are pissing you off so poignantly. So your insinuations about me don't apply.....

Anyway, thanks for your time and conversation so far. Cheers.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

Smiles. You are right, wealth can cause someone to live an ungodly life style. But that's one side of the coin; poverty too can drive people to ungodly living. So you see, its not about poverty or wealth. It depends on what you make of the two conditions. But if you ask me, I would prefer wealth, cos I can't claim that my God is rich and yet wallow in abject poverty. But if I chose a por life, it doesn't mean God is no longer rich. Its my choice!

You sound like you don't live in Nigeria, or you are not black. But in anycase, your experience might differ from us here, so why condemn others for your own pleasure?

I agree that prosperity is more than wealth. Refer to the passage of the Bible I quoted earlier to see what I meant. I quoted the Bible as it were, no twisting as alleged by you. May God help all of us.

By your thoughts, it is either wealth or poverty. Have you forgotten that there is a state between wealth and poverty?

Below, is what a wise man asks for:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.
- Proverbs 30:8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
hifaif:

By your thoughts, it is either wealth or poverty. Have you forgotten that there is a state between wealth and poverty?

Below, is what a wise man asks for:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.
- Proverbs 30:8

Both wealth and poverty are relative in definition. Someone you consider rich may be considered poor if the criteria are varied, and vice versa.

UN defines poverty as living below a dollar day. I know that neither you nor I would like to operate at that base level.

Refer to your comment about the space btw poverty and wealth. I do not disprove that. But I would rather occupy the portion towards right to wealth than duel at the space near poverty. I am sure you know what I mean.

You quoted the sayings of Agur in Prov. 30:8. But look at the next verse to see the explanation given by the same man:

..... Give me neither poverty nor riches— Feed me with the food allotted to me;

http://bible.us/Prov30.8.NKJV

Lest I be full and deny You, And say, “Who is the Lord?” Or lest I be poor and steal, And profane the name of my God.

http://bible.us/Prov30.9.NKJV
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
paxonel:

what i don't understand about pastor adeboye and all pastors in Nigeria, they are not interested in the intellectual development of their church members, making nigeria christians appear to be fools, people who don't think. thereby,making non, christians (like Muslims and atheists ) to see Christianity as a religion without intelligence. consequently,discouraging them to believe in christ.
meanwhile, the bible is a very intelligent book. why are people like adeboye, inspite their level of education still call christians who commit sin UNBELIEVERS , so that they make ulter call in churches instead of mosques where they can get unbelievers?
who is an unbeliever?
are you sure these men of God understand bible at all?
if you think over it you will see the error there.
ok, since this error is found among these pastors, how are nigerians sure that all the promises of prosperity they shout AMEN for, in church ,are biblical and are not fake?
you know, the idea is that, the moment you shout amen you don't need to work again.
God will miraculously make you have your millions and buy your car.
is it biblical?
is it true?
what will you say about this?

I am very much aware that many churches are committed to the intellectual development of their members through proper study of the Bible and organising of relevant seminars and workshop. But there is also a place for divine intervention in the affairs of men. This is what is called miracles. Through mircales you can get things which are otherwise difficult or impossible by natural means.

Because of our situations in this country, many people are living in crisis, hence the quest for miracles as you see everywhere.

The other issue you raised. Know that some people go to church but they are not chritians or believers in the true sense of it. The fact that one is born into a Christian family doesn't automatically make one a christian. Untill one comes to the point of making personal commitment to Jesus, accepting him as Lord ans saviour (we call this being born again), one is in truth not a christian. This is the reason for the altar call in church which you refer to.
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
frosbel:

Your update above proves beyond doubt that you are not a follower of Christ but a stiff-necked and hardened Pharisee who sees nothing wrong with a poor woman trekking 2kms and paying 10% of her income.

What you call church is actually a den of thieves and robbers including your MOG , and if Jesus were here today he will disown all of you.

Hear what the Spirit says ;

"You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and n.aked." - Revelation 3:17

It is better not to criticise what you don't understand. Who are you to judge?

“Judge not, that you be not judged."
http://bible.us/Matt7.1.NKJV

" For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

http://bible.us/Matt7.2.NKJV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before & After Photos Of Prophet Elvis Mbonye Whose Members Kissed His Feet / Rev. Ntia And Wife, Ukamaka Laurie Survive A Ghastly Car Accident (video) / Dealing With Misconceptions : 10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.