Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 (42062 Views)

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer In Unilorin (pics) / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
frosbel:

How do you know he is humble, can you see into his heart. And how come the common man cannot gain access to him easily ? Is he any more special than you or me, of course not. He has been elevated to king like status by his clueless followers.

Redeemed is not THE Church, it is a one man idea that has morphed into a business empire. There is only one church with ONE Head and his name is Christ the Messiah.

He is not entitled to anything, whatever he receives has to be on the basis of freewill offerings. Can you even begin to compare Paul to Adeboye and yet Paul made tents, was often hungry, stoned many times, shipwrecked and imprisoned. When Paul or Jesus met with politicians , it was for judgement or punishment because their light condemned the wicked acts of these corrupt politicians. What about Peter who had no silver or gold but raised a man from the dead.

These men, great apostles had jobs, real jobs , they did not live off the church , they took care of the church and made sure that there was no needy person among them. Yet 80% of redeemed members are in dire need.

It does and even worse robbery. When you preach a false doctrine on partnership, tithes, firstfruits and other seed payments you become a thief because this is not on instruction from God but from base human greedy desires and empire building.

All I can say here is:

“Judge not, that you be not judged.

http://bible.us/Matt7.1.NKJV

" For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

http://bible.us/Matt7.2.NKJV
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
KLand:

All I can say here is:

“Judge not, that you be not judged.

http://bible.us/Matt7.1.NKJV

" For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

http://bible.us/Matt7.2.NKJV

Wrong card you used on me, it will never fly.

The bible says judge with righteousness judgement, but hey , that one is not in your bible.

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." - John 7:24

I repeat , anybody who uses to bible to collect money under the guise of 'biblical concepts' like the tithe, partnership fund, firstfruits, pastors birthday fund, building fund etc is a THIEF, full stop.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by Azo(m): 6:27am On Dec 18, 2014
frosbel:

The bible says judge with righteousness judgement, but hey , that one is not in your bible.

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." - John 7:24

I repeat , anybody who uses to bible to collect money under the guise of 'biblical concepts' like the tithe, partnership fund, firstfruits, pastors birthday fund, building fund etc is a THIEF, full stop.

Really!! Pastor's bday fund. Thats some serious ish
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by KLand(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2014
frosbel:

Smiles. Of course it's in my Bible too. But how do your comment and anger translate to the righteous judgement you referred to?

Read the first part of the verse you quoted: do not judge by outward appearance. Are you not disobeying that already? You really wish the church wallows in abject squalor?
Re: Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 by paxonel(m): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
KLand:

I am very much aware that many churches are committed to the intellectual development of their members through proper study of the Bible and organising of relevant seminars and workshop. But there is also a place for divine intervention in the affairs of men. This is what is called miracles. Through mircales you can get things which are otherwise difficult or impossible by natural means.

Because of our situations in this country, many people are living in crisis, hence the quest for miracles as you see everywhere.

The other issue you raised. Know that some people go to church but they are not chritians or believers in the true sense of it. The fact that one is bone into a Christian family doesn't automatically make one a christian. Untill one comes to the point of making personal commitment to Jesus, accepting him as Lord ans saviour (we call this being born again), one is in truth not a christian. This is the reason for the altar call in church which you refer to.
you are right, miracles are needed for impossible situations.
but, to get money, car etc, are not impossible situations. so, I don't think there is any need for miracle to get them.
if you read in the bible how God miraculously provided food for the isrealites in the wilderness, it is because they were in the wilderness, and men were ignorant at that time and God overlooked.
common sense and intelligence tells us that now is the time of knowledge.
so, let adeboye not conduct miracles again for these things, let him encourage church members to go and work, rather than hoping for miracles.
people in that church are suffering.
You say for the fact that a person is born into a christian family does not mean that he is automatically saved?
where did you get this assertion from the bible?
contrary to that, my bible tells me in
john 3:16...WHOSEVER, I mean, whosever believe in him.
Do you realize that everybody in Christianity believe in him?
and that unbelievers are people of other religion? example, Muslims
that our salvation is based on our religion which is Christianity (faith ) and not by works?
Romans 5:1 says,Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
or is it that people don't know that when ever they come across the word faith in the new testament it is strictly referring to Christianity? as Jesus is the founder of Christianity, and he is the Christianity in us and we are in him?
it takes intelligence to understand this thing.
since nigerian pastors are not propagating the gospel like this, i think they are not building on our intelligence.
nigerians are now a people in contradiction to the natural human instinct,who condone corruption.
it is not good for us as a nation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Estate Chairman Locks Out RCCG Members From Their Property At Osborn Estate(pic) / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother / Guru Maharaji: "Buhari Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.